• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Advanced National Pokedex Tracker Spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Major update. Click here for more details!

Throughout the last few weeks I've spend many hours on crafting this spreadsheet to keep track of all my Pokemon caught. My demands are high and you'll see that in the spreadsheet. It is *loosely* based on this spreadsheet from Zifendale on Reddit. I say loosely because I stripped most information and only kept that which I thought would be necessary for a fast but enjoyable completion.

This spreadsheet aims to be a tool for people with Pokemon OR/AS, and access to Pokemon X or Y. These games can almost catch every Pokemon.

Find it here! Click here to make a copy for yourself.

AKaAqzo.png

Features:

• Using color indication and sprites to process and go through all the data faster. I made it look appealing which I consider just as important as functionality.
    • Rows are green. If marked as caught the row turns grey. Green/red for the Yes/No columns for OR/AS and X/Y.
    • Direct links to Bulbapedia.
    • Dropdown menu's for all relevant Yes/No options.
    • Statistics! I consider this a great feature. It has Progress Data, Evolving data, an Evolve Items Breakdown, lots of other information, and much more.
    • Predefined filter lists
    • Forms tracker (work in progress)
    • A sidebar with a generations jump list and a search function
    • A special tools menu to reset all data, jump to a specific pokemon number etc.
    • Some basic settings

I'm planning to make an import/export function that also supports pokechecklist.com. This allows to easily update to a new version and just transfer all your data to the new version.

If you use this spreadsheet I'd like to know you do. Feel free to drop a comment, or give me some feedback I can work on.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Wow, very nice! I'm not sure if I have the dedication to actually go for the National Dex but this would be beyond helpful with that. It's amazing how much work you put into this.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Alright this thing is awesome, full props to you man! I wish I had this when I was going through the blunt of my quest. It would have been so much easier. I mean, there is a link of how I kept track in my description, if you need a reference of how to do it the neanderthal way :3

The statistics page is what makes the cake though, like the triple flavor frosted cherry on top :D

Edit: according to this I am 98% done, pshh.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Alright, here is a major update.

First of all I added a Transfer column.
    If you catch Pokémon in X/Y you want to transfer to Pokémon OR/AS can mark these Pokémon as transferable. Why? You can use a new filter to see which Pokémon need to be transfered, and it prevents catching the same Pokémon twice in multiple games.

Forms
    3iw7qH0.png

Still work in a progress, but you get the idea. It's for the ultimate collectors amongst us ;)
    Ofcourse this will be included in the statistics tab. Keep in mind this is still work in progress since it takes a lot of time to make this tab.

More statistics
    Because why not? I'll let the images speak for themselves :)
    c9RYhqU.png

Qv7N6MJ.png

Pokédex Tools menu
    0ueGG6f.png

These contain some handy functions. Use the reset option if you just made a copy and want to start with a clean sheet.

Sidebar
    This is something I put a lot of hours in and consider one of the most awesome features. You can jump straight to generations or search Pokémon. You can easily change Caught or Transfer status by clicking the individual options.

cqlkVs8.png

BMiXEIz.png

Settings
    Some basic settings. Planning to expand them in the future to give it more flexibility.
    hgPMIlg.png

If you use this spreadsheet I'd like to know you do. Feel free to drop a comment, or give me some feedback I can work on.

Last edited:

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Brilliant spreadsheet, mine was pretty basic on Google Docs this is at another level.

Thanks very much

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2017
    Hey, very nice work!
    I can't even compare it with my basic two-column spreadsheet!
    Thanks for sharing, it's very useful.

Are you per chance working or planning to do a Sun & Moon Update? That would be awesome.

Thanks again!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Hey, very nice work!
    I can't even compare it with my basic two-column spreadsheet!
    Thanks for sharing, it's very useful.

Are you per chance working or planning to do a Sun & Moon Update? That would be awesome.

Thanks again!
    Hi, please don't revive threads from over 2 months ago. Check the date before you post, okay?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back