• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

... Agent (PG-14)

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
Years
  • Sara grinned wider as she once again heard about the mission that she was about to go upon. She also chuckled as she heard about her agent name. Agent White, huh? Maybe that was probably another reason for handing out the many multicoloured Pokedexes.

Indeed...she couldn't help but think that the colours really seem to match up with one or the other. Red and Blue have always been put together. Red usually being rash and quick tempered, while blue is calm and thinks more. Gold and Purple are traditionally the colours of royalty so they seemed to fit eachother. Then there was her as White and another was called Black and...well...that one probably didn't need an explaination.

Sara flipped open her Pokedexes and aimmed it at Tavi who seemed to be asleep at her feet. After making sure that he was at the center of the picture, the trainer pressed a button and there was a very faint 'click'. She straightened her back and watched as a picture of a Zangoose appeared on the screen along with a mechanical voice.

Zangoose, the Cat Ferret Pokemon. Zangoose usually stays on all fours, but when angered, it gets up on its hind legs and extend its claws. This Pokemon shares a bitter rivarly with Seviper that dates back generations.

"Wow, this is amazing!" Sara said as she looked at all the info that the little device that knew as much as she did. As she fiddled around with some more features, she found that there was information on another Pokemon.

This Pokemon seemed much like a deer, but green. There were some feathers that were pink and green. It looked to have boots on its feet. Sara had to admit that she was a bit disappointed. This Pokemon didn't seem quite...Legendary. Indeed, it didn't seem like it would be all that strong in the first place. The trainer sighed a bit, but didn't say anything out loud. If this was the Pokemon she was told to go after, then she would. Maybe she could help the others out with their Pokemon in the mean time.

"Well, I'm going to head out," Sara said, gently nudging Tavi awake. "I'll head to Oldale. I've got a flying type so it shouldn't take me long. Actually...if someone wants a ride I have room for one more." She couldn't help but grin as she added. "So, first come first serve. Who wants a ride?"

Years
  • .Agent Gold

It was dawn, the pale pinks just turning the sky into some kind of blushing maiden. Riku had been sitting on the rocks by the sea, meditating peacefully to forget about the obnoxious trainers back at the lab, he abruptly left as soon as he found out what his objective was. To find Suicune. They were all obnoxious, every single one of them, even that professor. A girl even had the nerve to ask him if he needed help getting to Oldale, he had ignored the stupid question and walked out the door. He sighed, there were no humans, as far as the mind could see. Only sand and an infant sun on an even younger skyline.

It was then, among so much stillness, that he sensed them. The traiers from the lab. He watched as one by one they left the limits of the tiny town. He turned back to the ocean and watched as the endless void of clear blue liquid washed up at the base of the stone he was sitting on. He liked this...a quiet place void of human life. He looked down at the Poketch on his wrist and sighed, it was about time to leave.

Riku jumped off from the large stone he was sitting on and adjusted his hair, the other trainers had also started to make their ways to the town. He opted to stay around the town a little while longer than the others, he didn't need a head start with Starla as his means of transportation. She was as fast as they come, Master made sure of that when they trained. He looked down at the Quick Ball on his belt, the transparent blue casing allowed him to see her. The bird pokemon pecking at her feathers, he smiled. His pokemon were his only soft spot, "Starla, let's go." He said calmly, within a matter of micro seconds he released Starla in a flash of white sparks. He had always released his Pokemon fast, or so his master said.

The Staravia flapped her wings, a smile curving on the edges of her beak. He smirked and closed his eyes calmly, "Well, our mission starts here." He flipped open his golden pokedex, the azure dog pokemon was the only image there. His eyes narrowed, he would capture this legendary. For his parents. He slapped the Pokedex shut, clipped it to his belt and leaped into the air. "STARLA!" He called. The Staravia, rather big for her species, clasped her talons around his backpack and zoomed off. He smiled, the wind whipping against his face felt good. The sun was about to set, and he had already made it half way to Oldale.

Last edited:

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    Kiren looks at her Pokedex, thinking out loud. "Agent Purple? Wow. Such a simple choice, but it has such a huge effect. I wonder what else this thing does!" She scrolls through until she finds her legendary. "Huh? It's a tiger cat! Meow! Ha ha!"

She hears a click behind her, noticing Sara using her 'dex on one of her Pokemon. "Hey, how'd she do that?" Kiren is still trying to figure hers out when Sara offers a ride to Oldale. "Ooh, me! I wanna go!" She raises her hand high, shaking it slightly to catch the other girl's attention.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The professor smiled, seeing the trainers accepting their code names and mission. Content, he left the room and walked through the corridor to an office. Some lab assistants were still in the room where the trainers had been.

In the office, the professor turned on a computer and picked up an old mug of coffee, absentmindedly. He tasted it and frowned. Cold. Of course. Concentrating on reading his mail, he didn't notice the shady character sneaking up on him from behind.

"Professor."

Birch jumped and spilled his cold coffee out over the table. Luckily, it missed the computer. He turned around, wildly, and recognized the intruder.

"Oh... How did you get in? Shouldn't you be-"

"I wanted to see the agents with my own eyes. So... do you think they will stay true to the mission?"

"Of course. We handpicked them. I feel they take it seriously."

"So many find reasons to stray from their paths though... so many fall for the lure of making allegiances with others that maybe aren't for the best."

"You worry too much," the professor said, once again taking a sip from his coffee cup, frowning and cursing slightly when he noticed again it was too cold.

"We'll see," the shady man said and started to walk out from the room.

"Why don't you talk to them yourself?" Birch suggested, meaning the agents.

"Not yet. They'll come to me eventually. Until then... I'm going to watch them."

Birch wrinkled his eyebrows.

"If they notice you, they might think you're... well, that you have bad intentions."

"We'll see," the man said again, and was gone.

((OOC: I like your posts! Draginja, make sure to not write too short posts. Your last post here now was perfectly fine though ^^ Oh, and none of you will find the shadowy man. For now. ))

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Marko stretched after he went outside and looked around Littleroot. He could stick around for a little bit and mess around, or he can hurry on over to Oldale, and then mess around over there. Both ideas were tempting. He turned and noticed that Sara had asked, and was also tempted to go with her. Then again, would it have been such a grand idea to get acquainted with any of the fellow agents? While it sounds like a good idea, he wants to figure out how much they have a sense of humor before speaking with any of them more.

How the heck was it going to handle that without speaking to any of them? Power of observation, of course!

He watched as one of the other female agents went to Sara asking if she could have a ride. Both of them seem to be in chipper spirits, but that doesn't mean a thing when it comes to having a sense of humor. Sometimes, even the more serious guy can have one, though it might not be what you expect.

Marko sighed and shrugged his shoulders, before looking out towards where the Route is. Well, if he is to get there my nightfall by walking, he might as well start now. He pulled out a plain Pokeball, tossing it into the air. Within seconds Wartortle came out and stood next to him, stretching itself before looking up at its owner. Marko looked down at his friend and grinned. "We're heading over to Oldale now. Then, let's hope to get a nice place to stay."

Wartortle smiled and nodded its head, before both of them started to walk. As Marko did so, he simply put his hands on the back of his head. It was quite peaceful out, and Marko hoped that it was going to stay that way. Least for the time being. It would suck to walk right onto the route and suddenly have something jump you, after all. Unless it was him jumping someone else. That's a different and usually hilarious story... to him.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • Sara grinned when she saw another girl about her age wave her hand back and forth egarly at the battler. What did the professor say her name was? Kiren? And wasn't her agent name Purple? Yes, that did seem to be the colour of her Pokedex. Interesting, she seemed to be a well intentioned girl and she couldn't wait to figure out just what made her tick.

"Alright, then meet me outside," Sara said with a smile as she started to head out the door. "I'll get Mango out and we can get going whenever you're ready."

That being said, Sara stepped outside of the lab and made sure she was a good distance away from the buildings. Tavi was by her at all times and looked around, as if trying to see if anything was up. This made the battler smile and she took out her other Pokeball and threw it up into the air. The ball opened up and in a flash of light a Tropius appeared. This one was different then others of her kind, for instead of banannas under her chin, she had mangoes. This is how her last trainer came up with her name.

When the flying-type Pokemon fully formed she looked down at her trainer and lowered her long neck to nuzzel Sara's shoulder. Sara smiled and patted Mango's cheek, then moved to her side and pulled herself on. Tavi climb on right after in front of his trainer. Sara looked back to the door to the lab and waited for Kiren to come out and hop on with her. Hopefully this could be the start of a good friendship with a least one of the other Agents.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    In the sky above route 101, Riku soared on Starla, completely focused on his mission. He therefore didn't notice when someone on the ground called to him, until the one on the ground made her pokémon send a ray of bubbles in his way. They reached high up in the sky and just barely missed the Staravia. A Bubblebeam. The one who had sent them away was an Azumarill, running on the ground below. Its trainer ran behind. She was an energetic, young girl with swirling, dark hair flying behind her.

"Oi! You up there!" she shouted, rather happily. "I challenge you to a battle! My pokémon just evolved and I swore, as a Pokémon battler, to challenge the first person I spotted to a one-on-one fight, and that's you! Come down here and battle me, you coward!"

- Charizard_Man can choose to hear or not hear the girl, and to accept or not accept her challenge. You're allowed to bunny her and her Azumarill completely. Regardless of if you win or lose, you can give your fighting pokémon a level, unless the battle is a very short one :p
    - The Azumarill is her only pokémon, at level 20. Use your imagination or look up the attacks it should have.

Meanwhile, as Marko walked the grassy way of route 101, something stirred in the bushes beside the road. Marko didn't notice at first, but then someone shouted from behind: "There you are! You stole my food, didn't you?!? Give it back, or I'll send Marowak at ya!"

It was an angry looking girl with huge glasses and also huge muscles. She was looking rather odd. At her side stood an equally angry looking Marowak with a shaking bone as its weapon. Clearly, the girl is accusing Marko for something he hasn't done. Will Marko try to talk his way out of this, or will he battle? (Or run for his life? XD Anything goes)

- BinaryTara~ handle the situation any way you'd like. You are allowed to completely bunny the girl and the Marowak. If you battle, your battling pokémon will get a level, unless the battle is too short :p
    - The Marowak is her only pokémon, at level 20. Use your imagination or look up the attacks it should have.

((OOC: Oh yeah, maybe I should add something. RPing isn't all about battling, of course, even if it's a pokémon RP. I'm even thinking of implementing some kind of skill/attribute system... but it's not a finished idea yet.

So! If you choose to solve a scenario by battling, your post has to be an interesting read for your pokémon to get a level. If it's a really short or non-detailed battle, I might deny you the level...

If you don't feel like posting a thick, detailed post at the moment, you can solve the scenario in any other way than battling and I won't demand overly advanced posts ^^ Hopefully this adds to the challenge!))

EDIT: forgot the levels. Not that it's THAT important... but still.

Last edited:
    Years
  • .Agent Gold

"Momma? Momma?"

"She can't hear you anymore, son."

"Then unplug her ears! MAKE her hear me!"

"The only thing that's plugging her ears is death, boy. Ain't no way you can unplug that."

"NO!! SHE'S NOT DEAD!!!" The boy threw himself on the rolling table, over the body of his mother.

The warmth she had provided for him was gone. The soft touch of her hand running through his hair had vanished. All that was left was a pale body with empty eyes that stared out at nothing and everything at the same time. Including their former son.

"She's….somewhere else now, son. I'm sorry, we did everything we could." The man dressed in the doctor's outfit stood behind him, sixteen hours of surgery weariness etched on his face. The young six year old with haunting amber eyes sobbed, his chest heaving. The doctor proceeded to walk over to where another man stood, clean lab coat and glasses covering the puffy eyes that just finished sobbing.

"The piece of metal from the car punctured and inflicted a major wound to her heart. She passed out because of blood loss, and she was still blacked out when she died. She went peacefully." The doctor continued. The boy could hear what the doctor was telling him father, it didn't make a difference. She was still dead. He walked over to his father and listened to what the doctor had to say.

"The authorities are trying to find the car that hit her, but they haven't identified them yet. Don't worry, justice will be served."

The boy looked up at the doctor, face smeared and blurred with tears as he motioned toward the deceased woman. His deceased mother.

"Justice is a lie."

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

A deep furrow formed in the boy's brow, he opened his amber eyes. Those cold, lifeless eyes, akin to those of a wolf. He looked up at Starla, the rather large Staravia smiled as she zipped through the air. Riku smiled, a very rare sight to see, and sighed. He had sensed a large pokemon a long way behind him, a Tropius with two girls on it. Two agents, but he didn't bother to greet them. He wasn't really the conversation type.

"OI!"

Riku's eyes were closed, as he enjoyed the peace in the skies. His eyebrow perked up when from the deepest part in his ear, a weak vibration started to ring. He thought he heard someone call out to him, he quickly forgot about it. That's when he sensed it. A cool energy streaming rapidly towards them from below, a water attack no doubt. Being trained by a water gym leader, water was just a petty annoyance to him. The tower of crystal blue bubbled surged upwards, one of Riku's eyes snapped wide open.

"Double Team!" Riku called out, in an instant an army of clones was created. At least ten different Riku and Starlas floated in the sky as the real Riku looked down to see his attacker. A dark hairled girl with a large Azumarill, the girl smirked at the sight of his evasive tactic.

"Oi! You up there, I challenge-" Riku smirked.

"If its a battle she wants, its a battle she'll get." Riku snapped his fingers, "Quick Attack!" The army of clones vanished from their stationary positions and reappeared below rocketing towards the Azumarill. At the alst second, the real Riku and Starla pulled up. The other clones continued to go down; Riku pulled out his pokeball and in an instant the massive Electivire appeared before Azumarill and bellowed violently, shaking the very trees themselves.

"Thunderpunch." Riku smirked, Electro pulled his fist back and in a large explosion of electrical current and explosive energy the Azumarill was left laying there in a crater. Her trainer in complete shock,

"WHA-HUU-BUUU-" She went from watching in disbelief at the crater to pointing at Riku in anger, back and forth the cycle went for a few moments. Riku floated down with Starla nonchalantly as Electro came stomping over, he flipped open his pokedex and poked an eye open.

"Level twenty, no wonder that knocked it out in one hit. Don't bite off more than you can chew. Know your limitations..." He said to the girl, who angrily called her Azumarill back and poked her finger at Riku's nose. The boy raised an eyebrow, "That's NOT how you get someone's attention girl."

"YOU! If i recall, i challenged you to a battle. NOT to get completely killed by that Electivire that came out of nowhere!" She pointed angrily at Electro, who's eyes darted back and forth not knowing what to do. He moved her hand out of the way,

"Don't worry Electro, you didn't do anything." The electric pokemon sighed, while Starla rolled her eyes at the Electivire as if saying 'Idiot'.

"Whatever the case, I DEMAND an apolo-"

"Stop watching you creeper, just come out." Riku called out nonchalantly, his arms folded. The girl hung her mouth open,

"WHAT?" She yelled out, then noticed the Electivire and Starla who were completely disengaged from the conversation just moments ago were now locked onto the bushes behind her. She froze in place when the ground beneath them shook, the finger she was angrily pointing at Riku wilted like a dead flower as tears formed in the corner of her eyes. "...what is that...?" She whispered to Riku, fear obvously present. He sighed, "A wild Hariyama..." She turned very slowly and couldn't help but scream when a giant fighting pokemon stomped towards her very slowly. The towering pokemon growled, sending a cold shiver down the girl's spine. "But there's no such thing as Wild Hariyamas around these parts!!"

"It was obviously recently released by its trainer, who obviously couldn't control it. The idiot didn't think about what they were doing when they released it in a place close to such small towns."

"What do we do..?" She whimpered. Then turned when she noticed the sound of flapping wings, Riku was hovering with Starla.

"What do you think we do? Run." Riku said calmly as he started to float away.

"WAIT! I don't have flying pokemon!!!" She sobbed as she jumped up and down, Riku's moaned. Then noticed the fighting type rushing at her,

"What a bothersome girl.." He mumbled when he released Electro in the nick of time, the electric type slammed on the floor behind the girl and grabbed the fighting type's fist. The girl turned around and ran away as the two beheamoths clashed,

"You're a trainer, and you don't have a flying type? How do you even get anywhere?" He sighed. The girl puffed her cheeks out,

"I WALK! That's why i have such a slender figure." She smiled and she caressed her curves, he quickly grabbed her around the waist and launched her to the side as Electro was luanched backwards.

"Starla, you're turn. Aerial Ace!" The Staravia cried out as it launched itself forward and slashed its wing into the fighting type. The girl cheered from the ground, her clothes dirtier than before.

"Yeah! SUPER effective!"

"Obnoxious..." Riku mumbled.

"WHAT?!" She yelled.

"You heard me, now hurry. Before he gets up!" Riku called out to her, she quicly got on her feet and ran over to Riku who called back Electro. The girl wrapped her arms tightly around him, he couldn't help but blush. He's never really hugged a girl like this before. He shook the thought out of his head as Starla flew over and took hold of his backpack. They flew safely into the sky as the Hariyama shook his head below and sauntered off, defeated.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The sky was a mishmash of orange and red, a dusky blue blanket over both colors that was slowly deepening as time passed. Twilight was Riku's favorite time of day, without a doubt. It wasn't too hot, or too cold, and the sky wasn't too light or dark. It was just right. The soft wind characteristic of Oldale blew through the wind turbines that power the town. Houses are warm with glowing windows and the smells of dinner, rice and tomato sauce and meat, drift on the wind.

"Thanks for everything...I guess." The girl said, looking down at her feet.

"You don't need to thank me." Riku said coldly and turned to walk away; the girl sighed and walked into the Pokemon Center, sticking out like a sore thumb because of the blood from her knee and her dirty clothes. She sighed, now evevryone would think she was a noob trainer getting owned on Route 101. The name itself was elementary, how emberassing.

Riku opted to sit on a lone bench near the entrance of the town, bathing in the artificial soft yellow light of the nearyby light post. Electro standing besides him, Starla perched on the bench pecking at her wing. He was in one of many yellow orbs around the city, the only sources of light in this darkness. He looked up at the dark sky, the large moon glittering down onto the earth. The stars magnificent, this was an alright ending to the first day of his mission.

"Stupid girl..."He mumbled as he layed his head back, Electro couldn't help but chuckle as Starla wacked him with her wing. Electro seemed to apoligize and twiddle his fingers.

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    "Yes! Thanks! I'll be right there!" Kiren turns around to look at the others, most of whom have left already. Even Birch is gone. She hurries after Sara, grinning widely. "Thanks for letting me- whoa!" She stops when she sees Mango, never having seen a Tropius up close before. She rushes over, looking her over before hopping on.

"Woo! Anyway, thanks. Nice Tropius. I'll help pay for fuel. Let's go before the others get to Oldale."

Years
  • As he had been studying his Pokedex, Nick is the last to leave. He notices that he is the only one still in the lab, and puts away the device, going outside. "They could've said something. I get the feeling I won't see much of them after today."

As he sets out on the road, he calls out his Pokemon, his Golem walking beside him and his Vulpix draped over his shoulder. "Alright, guys. Our journey has begun! The other agents may have left us behind, but Team Red will not stay in the back forever!" Vixen has dozed off, so Nick stops talking. I wonder how far behind I am.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • Sara laughed at Kiren's comment on paying for fuel. "That's possibly the best thing about Tropius," the trainer said as she gently plucked a mango from under the Fruit Pokemon's chin before she straightened her neck. She tossed the fruit to Kiren and added, "They have refuel themselves and eveyone they know around them!"

Mango grinned as her trainer's compliment before flapping her wings a few times. It was slow going at first, she could only lift them a couple inches at a time in the air. Soon, though, she was going up by feet and, when she was about three feet over the trees, started to fly over to Oldale. It wasn't fast going, Tropius were never known for their speed, but they would reach the next little town long before night fall. Normally Mango would have been contented at the height they were at, but since she had a guest riding her, she decided to go higher then normal, high enough that they could see other towns in the distance.

Sara laughed at what Mango was doing and turned to Kiren with a grin. "So, how you'd liking the view? I gotta say, still makes me catch my breath every now and then. Can't say I can thank Mango enough for this."

"Trop!" Mango cried out happily as the outskirts of Oldale could be seen.

Sara chuckled again and patted her Pokemon's shoulder. Soon, they could see more of the city and Mango started to slowly lower herself onto the ground. They just reached the inside of the, slightly larger, town when the Fruit Pokemon finally landed. Sara and Tavi were quick to jump off of the trainer's Pokemon and turned to Kiren.

"Hope you've enjoyed Air Mango. Please jump off of her in a safe manner and we hope you enjoy the rest of your journey!" The girl said with grin, then asked, "Hey, who are you after anyways? I'm after Virizion myself. To be honest...I'm kind of disappointed...it doesn't seem like much of a Pokemon, let along a Legendary one."

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    Kiren smiles widely as Sara laughs and gives her the fruit. As Mango takes off, Kiren looks down, watching the ground slowly fall away. As they level out abovwe the trees, she looks up longingly. "Is this as high as she goes?" Tropius starts to ascend halway through the sentence, causing Kiren to laugh. "Never mind."

Kiren returns Sara's small talk, enjoying the company. "View's great! Never thought I'd fly before. It's nice. Kind of like a nice jog, but higher up." Kiren watches the land drift by, starting to doze in the midday sun.

Once they land, Kiren swings her legs off Mango, sliding off and falling over when her feet hit ground. She jumps up quickly, hoping no one saw. Sara doesn't seem to notice, asking, "Hey, who are you after anyways? I'm after Virizion myself. To be honest...I'm kind of disappointed...it doesn't seem like much of a Pokemon, let along a Legendary one." Kiren pulls out her Pokedex, fumbling with it before finally pulling up Raikou's picture. "I got the tiger cat. Raikou's probably the least known of it's group, which is sad. I kinda like how it looks. By the way, where are we going?"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The shadowy character stood arount the corner of a house. He had been watching the agents on their way to Oldale, and had many thoughts spinning in his head now. He was unsure. But he would let things go their way and keep watching them.

At the moment, his focus was on two girls, agent White and agent Purple. They had just landed in Oldale on a Tropius and seemed to get along well. The mysterious man smiled under his hood. It was usually a good thing when people got along with each other. The world didn't just need strong loners; it needed kindness as well.

Content, he made himself disappear by blending in with the townsfolk of Oldale town.

////////////////////////////////////////////​

Oldale was pretty cheery, unusually at that. Normally it was a calm place, often called boring, but this week there was a market going on. Farmers from around Oldale and Littleroot were coming into town to sell fruits, vegetables, accessories and other things, and there was a live band playing country music and several artists making their pokémon dance or perform little tricks to entertain the crowd.

It's called the Spring Dale Market. At night time it's pretty much closed.

The Trotsky

Wake and Bake
    Years
  • OoC: Hey everyone, sorry I'm late to the party, I've been meaning to write my first post, but I was a little busy on a college visit. I'm still there, I just have a little bit of free time right now, so I'm trying to write something fairly quick. Forgive me if it's undersized, it won't be the norm

Ic:

Agent Black, eh? Elodin thought to himself, rolling the words over in his mind. Has a pleasant ring to it. Taking the professor's offer up, Elodin chose to go visit the lavatory and grab a bite to eat before setting out to Oldale and beginning his pursuit of Entei. Apparently, he was the only though, as the rest of the group had set off immediately to the town, not wasting any time.

"Busy bodies," he muttered under his breath, as his peers filed out of the room. Moving towards the cafeteria, he thought he heard the professor speaking to someone, but dismissed it and returned to his quest for nutrition. Once Elodin dove into a double bacon cheeseburger, there was little to stop him. Of course, one could only satiate himself on the beautiful mix of succulent, perfectly brazed meat and delectably melted American cheese for so long. However, in Elodin's case, "so long" meant 5 hours and 3 of the burgers. Needless to say, he was in no state to be walking anywhere, let alone a different town altogether, that day. Resigning himself to his slothful ways, the young Battler went to take a nap in a room that the professor had provided for him.

------

Sunlight kissed the side of Elodin "Agent Black" Gyre's face as he laid stretched out on a cot that was far too small for his large frame. Unfortunately for him, that oh-so-uncomfortable cot was the cause of his awakening that morning. Stirring and grumbling before as he awoke, Elodin began to move much quicker once he saw that he had lost an entire day of his journey, according to the clock at his bedside.

Rushing to get a move on, he took a quick "cologne shower" and set out on the road, pulling his shoes on as he stumbled out of the laboratory doors. His Nikes on his feet and the clouds parted, the day ahead seemed beautiful to Elodin. As was his custom, he called Gabite out of his Pokemon ball to begin their morning jog. The Dragon-type, set a brisk pace, as always, but allowed his trainer to stop and rest every once in a while. The two old friends had set their course on Oldale though, and would arrive soon, one way or another.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Hearing the girl call out to him, Marko looked behind him to notice the angry looking girl. He blinked, before turning around and facing her. What did she just say? That he just took her food? Well . . . No, no he didn't. He's never even seen this person before, and was clearly being accused for something he couldn't possibly do. However, seeing her so mad like that was kind of… amusing. He looked down at Wartortle who gave him a little smirk, before turning back to the angry female.

"What food? I'm not sure I know what food you're talking about," Marko replied, shrugging his shoulders. The girl frowned even more, clenching her right first as he pointed her left at Marko.

"LIES! You took my food! Give it back now!"

Marko went into a thinking pose for a moment. "Hmmm… It would be kind of hard to give you back your food, seeing as it's now in my stomach. I don't think it would be possible!" He might as well have some fun with this, considering that if it's a battle she wants, he has the upper advantage. A Marowak was a ground Pokemon, and he had not only Wartortle, but Floatzel up his sleeve as well. As long as she doesn't have any other Pokemon, then he should be fine. Considering his journey ahead, he's going to have to do more than just swimming. Even though he doesn't prefer it, battling is something a trainer should be able to handle in any case.

The comment that Marko had made caused the girl to be extremely furious. She stomped her foot, before looking down at her Marowak. "Marowak! Use Headbutt!" Marowak nodded, before charging forward, bending down his head with the intention of ramming Wartortle.

"Here we go, Wartortle! Protect!" Marko shouted. Wartotle put up his hands in response, before forming a protective barrier around him. Marowak rammed right into the protection barrier, wobbling back a few feet after the impact. It quickly came back into focus, waiting for the next command from its owner. This guy and his Pokemon took their food; they weren't going to get away with it.

"Marowak, Bone Club!" The girl shouted. Her Marowak grunted, before jumping into the air, holding its club tightly in its grasp as it aimed towards Wartortle's head.

"Into your shell!" Marko called out as the Marowak jumped. On command, Wartortle withdrew into his shell, just moments before Marowak came down and hit it right on top, rather than the turtle's head. The girl growled.

"Marowak! Bone Club it out of here!" The girl yelled. Marowak jumped back a little, before rushing forward, and hitting Wartortle on the side. The turtle Pokemon went flying, straight into some nearby tall grass on the side of the road. Marowak then waited, to see if the Wartortle was going to jump out from the tall grass. However, a moment passed, and nothing stirred. This caused the girl to grin, before pointing at Marko.

"Now give us back our food!" The girl growled. Marko looked at her for a moment, before tilting his head.

"But… we're not done yet," Marko replied calmly. The girl narrowed her eyes at him. "What are you talking about?! I took down your—"

"Rapid Spin!"

The moment Marko said the two words, a spinning shell flew out of the tall grass, right at Marowak. The Bone Pokemon was catch off guard, and Wartortle smashed into its side, causing it to fly back. Wartortle than popped out of its shell, and with a command of a Water Pulse blew the Ground Pokemon away with a pulse blast of water. Marowak had ended up in the tall grass on the other side of the path, and after staggering out fell down with a knocked out look.

The girl, caught by surprise, was frozen for a moment, before turning to Marko with even more narrowed eyes. "Y-You tricked me!"

"That's what I do!" Marko grinned. The girl clenched her fist.

"But… My food! You took it!"

"That was a misunderstanding," Marko replied.

"Liar! You even said that you ate it!" the girl snarled. Marko smiled.

"That was a trick as well!" Marko replied, "I figured that there wasn't going to be other way out of this unless I wanted you to hunt me, so I had to do something!"

"Y-You…"

Marko did a light-hearted sigh, before taking something out of his jacket's pocket. It was a granola bar. He tossed it over to the girl, "It's not much, but here. I'm afraid I can't help you figure out who took your food, but good luck!"

The girl caught the granola bar and blinked at it, staring at it before looking back up. However, when she did so, Marko seemed to have disappeared. She frowned, before returning her Marowak and storming off.

Marko, who quickly flew into the tall grass, watched her storm off in the other direction. He sighed, before looking at Wartortle and grinning, "That was interesting, wasn't it? Who would've known that something like that would happen as soon as I started on my journey? I have a feeling that it's just the beginning!" Wartortle grinned back, nodding his head in agreement.

"Alright. Well, let's start heading to Oldale. We don't have all day if we want to have a night of fun!" Marko said, before settling off towards the town of Oldale once again.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ((OOC: Nice battle and nice use of Marko's personality, Tara! You may certainly give Wartortle a level. ))

As Agent Black made his way towards Oldale through the grassy and tree-y (is that a word? :p) countryside, the Gabite running alongside him piqued the interest of someone else. A young man with long hair and thin glasses who had come back to the road from walking in the tall grass spotted them and started to follow them on a moderately safe distance. It was a dragon pokémon after all... a DRAGON! Dragons were so cool, so awesome it was incredible. He hadn't seen a dragon pokémon before with his own eyes, and here it was, where he was looking for Mightyenas. He completely forgot about the Mightyenas now. He had to meet the dragon pokémon! Looked like they were going to Oldale Town. Well, he was going to follow them there and wait for his chance to get close to the pokémon and touch its scales and hear its roar...

- Elodin may notice the follower. If he does, the young man will be so annoyingly crazed about Gabite so that you'll have to battle him to get him to go away. The young man gladly accepts the challenge in that case, since he wants to see a dragon in action. If you write a nice battle post, you can give your battling pokémon a level.
    - He has a Manectric, level 20. Look up the attacks if you don't feel like being creative.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
  • Sara sighed as she heard what Kiren was going after. A tiger with large fangs? That sounded way cooler then her green deer-thing. If only she could switch, but she doubted that anyone would switch for her's. Oh well, there wasn't anything that the trainer could do about it so she might as well go with the flow.

Sara looked around herself and saw that the usually quiet town was pretty active at the moment. The girl was confused and as a young woman in a green dress walked passed them, the trainer stopped her and asked, "Hey, what's going on here? Seems pretty exciting if you ask me."

"Well of course it is," the young woman said with a smile. "It's the Spring Dale Market. We always have a whole bunch of things going on. If there's something you're looking to buy, chances are you'll find it here." The woman looked to the sky and, noting its orange colour added, "But its almost so most of the booths wil be closing soon. Still, look around and see what you can for now. This Market is a whole week gig so you can always come back tomorrow morning."

"Alright, thanks a lot!" Sara said with a smile, which the woman returned before walking away.

The trainer returned Mango, since she was much to big to have out in a crowded area, and walked towards some of the booths. Indeed, quite a few of them seemed to either be already closed or closing. Though there were some berry stands and a Pokemon accesory shop. Thus far, nothing too grand. Sara turned to Kiren and said, "Hey, why don't we come back in the moring? We haven't gotten any instruction as to where to go from here, if we even get any in the first place. Still, maybe someone here knows something about the Legendaries we're seeking. If these guys travel around, then they should know. What do you say?"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    "Ahhh! We finally arrived!" Marko spoke in relief as him and Wartortle started to approach the town of Oldale. It wasn't quite dark yet, but it was in the late afternoon by the time the two of them had arrived. After they had the battle with the girl and ran off, Marko and Wartortle had decided to relax to re-cooperate a little. While the battle wasn't long and hard, it was definitely something that they didn't expect so soon.

The didn't rest for too long, and soon enough they were on their way. The next thing they knew (though to them it actually felt like forever - Marko really wanted to get to the town and have some fun) they could see the some of the town's buildings. Marko looked over at Wartortle and grinned, "Let's hurry up and see if we can mess around before night falls!"

Wartortle looked at his trainer and nodded his head. In the next few minutes, Marko and his best friend have entered the town, and was looking around for the area with the most activity.

"What's going on over there?" Marko questioned, as he looked over to where the Market was. Seeing how many people were currently there, he figured that the Market was going to be the best place to cause a little chaos. He had to be careful though, since he doesn't want to be kicked out or anything before nightfall. It would suck if he had to sleep outside of the town and on the cold, hard, dirt because the two of them got caught. They were pretty good at escaping though, so it was time to have some fun!

"How about we make some people wet for starters, eh Wartortle?" Marko smirked. Wartortle nodded his head, before the two of them started making their way into the Market area. Once they were in the crowd, Marko started to whisper to Wartortle those he should shoot in the back of the head (or back) and flee before they could see them. Yup, Marko was having what he was calling 'fun' right now!

Years
  • Nick arrives in Oldale as twilight is setting in. He is covered in dust, and his pokemon are safely in their balls. "Whew! Finally made it! That road takes a lot longer to walk than I'd imagined!" He looks around at the town. "Huh? What's going on here?" He finds a flyer, reading it quickly. "What?! Spring Dale Market? And I missed it? Darn the luck!"

He sighs, heading deeper into town. "I guess it's for the best. I should find a place to rest, and I can get a fresh start tomorrow. I wonder where everyone else is..."

Draginja

Weasel Mascot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    Kiren had been looking at one of the stalls while Sara gathered information. The owner patiently waited for her to finish browsing. As Kiren turns to talk to Sara, he closes it down and packs up. "Hey. I was still looking... Oh well. Yeah, we should probably find a place to rest. This place is winding down." Kiren stays close to Sara, not wanting to lose her in the crowd. "Do you think we'll see anyone else here?"

Back