• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Tutoring Program - stop signing up...seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
  • Fuyuhiko has about the same schedule openings that I do, so I will have no problem taking her on as a student. Posting to confirm that I approve of my pairing.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I'm fine with my pairing, same time zone and stuff. Hopefully Jukain and I are on slightly similar schedules :P

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I'm fine with Kaori as long as she's okay with it. :]

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • anti sux

pairing lo_oks go_od for me. i don't think it should be a problem unles_s scho_ol gets hectic

Years
  • I love my talented, good looking, and brilliant pairing with
    a flaming passion. I look forward to learning the ways of the competitive battler
    by his side, and only by his side.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    If we can use the PM system, then I hope it won't be much of a problem. Still...

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Syndrome has suddenly quit battling. So there are slightly altered parings. Changes are in bold.

Skip Shot & Fuyuhiko
    Zeffy & TwilightBlade
    .Aero & Karpman
    .Gamer & Twilight Sky
    Aurafire & Jukain-Arashi
    Wolflare & yellowbird
    Vrai & Kaori
    Opposite Day & dragonomega

One time zone issue is resolved and another is created. To Zeffy and TB, I sure hope it can work. Hopefully you guys can get on at the same time and have a more interactive experience, but if that's not possible, the non-tutor members of the community I'm sure will be willing to help ease the burden of time zones. We really don't have a great solution though, sadly.

What might end up happening is that we might have to let Zeffy and Ninja Caterpie (the only person with a compatible time zone really) to be paired up. However, that leaves one student getting the short end of the stick. We're not going to force anyone out, though if anyone feels like more casual learning from the regulars on the server would work and would volunteer to drop out, we would guarantee you a spot next round if you still want it. But I would like to emphasize that no one is being forced to do it, nor will we be disappointed if no one volunteers. The TB/Zeffy combo isn't hopeless from the start, after all.

Anyhow, for those of you who have okayed your pairing and your tutor/student has done the same, you might as well start with the actual tutoring! We'll schedule the tournament once the pairings have been finalized, but it's in approximately one month as the OP said, so you might as well start getting ready!

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    If there is too much of a problem, I can step in for Zeffy for TwilightBlade.

She's the only one I feel like tutoring though.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    It can work, I guess. Just checked our timezones, and even though TB and I's timezone are far off, it can work. But it'll be evening here and morning there. o3o

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    It can work, I guess. Just checked our timezones, and even though TB and I's timezone are far off, it can work. But it'll be evening here and morning there. o3o

Well, she has school during the week days and is only available during the afternoons and weekends. :s

Train rides by

current challenge:bug monotype
    Years
  • PC Shoddy Server Username: train rides by
    Time Zone:central
    What do you feel you need to work on the most? team buliding,preadicting,
    Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? weekends are the best times for me with school
    Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? ive never battled comptitively before

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    PC Shoddy Server Username: train rides by
    Time Zone:central
    What do you feel you need to work on the most? team buliding,preadicting,
    Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? weekends are the best times for me with school
    Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? ive never battled comptitively before

It's too late to sign up for the first round of tutoring. :(

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Do we have a time frame of which we can work towards? I mean, for instance, when is the first tournament going to be? It'd be nice to have a set date for it.

EDIT: I'm most pleased with my pairing.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back