• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU Team for someone that has never competed before...

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
Years
  • Hi, I'm very new to competitive battling (as in, I've never done it before). Figured I'd try to practice some on Shoddy, see if it interests me in a while.

Having never done it before, there are probably tons of moves that I'll miss, so bear with me, and I probably have ideas that won't work in reality I'm also trying for a theme of all Pokemon being found in Kanto (Scyther is found in Kanto, evolves into Scizor, loophole ). Most of these are movesets from Smogon, so for these ones I'm checking to see if I have the right idea or strategy on them.

As you can probably tell from me wanting a team theme and whatnot, I'm not taking competition seriously. But, I do want a team that can function.

Just wanna say thanks in advance for anyone that helps! :)

Katrina (Kingdra) (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Outrage
    - Rain Dance

Being only weak to Dragon, I hope to be able to toss up a Rain Dance, DD, then begin to sweep right on the spot.
    ---
    Morticus (Weezing) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Explosion
    - Pain Split
    - Fire Blast
    - Thunderbolt

My physical wall, with some decent type-coverage.
    ---
    Hero (Machamp) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
    - Low Kick
    - Payback
    - Sleep Talk
    - Rest

Guts to increase power while Resting or other status alterations. Sleep Talk away.
    ---
    Chomps (Snorlax) (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EVs: 244 HP/28 Def/236 Spd
    Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Body Slam
    - Earthquake

Special wall, Body Slam for Paralysis, Earthquake for power.
    ---
    Balafer (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 32 HP/252 Atk/224 Spd
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower
    - Roost

Kinda gave up on my absurd idea for a stalling Scizor.
    ---
    Victor (Jolteon) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Baton Pass
    - Substitute
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Baton Pass Substitute. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam for halfway decent attacks, anyways.
    ---

Even if I have the right idea here, I'm sure it'll be a while before I can actually get this into practice ;)

EDIT: It says that new threads need to be approved my a moderator. Does that mean this thread is illegal, or does it mean a mod will just check on it later?

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    ALL sub + Life Orb sets are utter trash and should never be used.

By switching into Steath Rock, setting up a sub and attacking once, you lose 48% of your health. 252 Att / 80 Sp.att / 176 speed @ Lonely, Hydro Pump >> Sub. This lets you 2hko standard Swampert with SR up most of the time, OHKO Hippowdon most of the time and 2HKO Skarmory and Forry.

That Scizor set is just ughh. You are wasting one of the best pokemon in the game for a gimmicky sub roost set. Choice Band it please, at least then people cant sweep you with DD Mence as Bullet Punch actually does something. Oh and did i mention how nice 3 layers of Spikes are getting set up on a horrible set ? Yeah...

Lastly, use bulky Salamence >> Dragonite. Salamence does the whole bulky DD Roost set better for this team as Lucario OHKO's Dragonite whilst it loses to Mence. For this team, that is massive.

I still dislike that you have nothing to take on Swords Dance Scizor (I guess you could use Fire Fang on mence #.#) and if a Jolly DD Gyarados shows up you basically auto lose. Id prolly use Quick Attack on your CB Scizor to help with that >> Pursuit.

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • Alright, I've done kind of an overhaul, but I'm still not entirely sure if this'll work or not. Thanks for the advice so far.

Back