• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my new GEN V team... Woobbbufffeett!!

Silverman

Touches Naive Squirtles
Years
  • This is basically my GEN IV team with two new candidates.

I am not used to GEN V play yet, just doing as much research I can do on here and Smogon with my spare time. What do you think so far? Where can I improve? I am using this as my B team, as I have an ALL GHOST team that I just posted about as well on this forum.

GEN V META GAME TEAM:

Gengar ♀ (Jessica) Ghost/Poison
    Choice Scarf
    Timid - 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Levitate
    Trick, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Hidden Power Ice
    Spe IV 30 (for Ice)

Serperior ♂ (Ronald)
    Timid - 244 HP / 12 Def / 12 SpD / 240 Spe
    Big Root
    Contrary
    Leaf Storm, Hidden Power Rock, Leech Seed, Mirror Coat
    IVs Def-30, Spe-30, SpD-30 (for Rock)

Lucario ♂ (Héctor)
    Jolly - 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Life Orb
    Inner Focus
    Close Combat, Crunch, ExtremeSpeed, Substitute

Gigalith ♂ (Name)
    Brave - 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Def
    Custap Berry
    Sturdy
    Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Explosion

Snorlax ♂ (Kenneth)
    Adamant - 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 HP
    Leftovers
    Immunity
    Rest, Sleep Talk, Curse, Giga Impact

Wobbuffet ♀ (Beatrice)
    Bold - 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SpD
    Lum Berry
    Shadow Tag
    Counter, Mirror Coat, Encore, Safeguard
    Classic pisser offer combo.

EXTRA GUYS DUE TO ANTI-WOBBUFFET EVENTS:

Electivire ♂ (Rupert)
    Adamant - 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Expert Belt
    Motor Drive
    Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Earthquake, Cross Chop

Milotic ♀ (Theresa)
    Modest - 152 HP / 136 Def / 220 SpA
    Life Orb
    Marvel Scale
    Surf, Ice Beam, Toxic, Recover
    SpA IV 30

Snorelacks

Choice Scarf
    Timid - 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Levitate
    Trick, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Hidden Power Ice
    Spe IV 30 (for Ice)

This is standard, but still excellent.
    However, I think what you're looking for here is:

Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast
    Hidden Power Ice/Trick/Explosion

Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, and HP Ice is a literally COMPLETELY unresisted combo. Trick messes up anything with set-up. Explosion can be used for high power, even coming off of Gengar's Attack Stat, but it would be better off Naive/Hasty. If you go with Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Thunderbolt, and HP Ice, you could also use Choice Specs to do tons of unresisted damage.

Serperior ♂ (Ronald)
    Timid - 244 HP / 12 Def / 12 SpD / 240 Spe
    Big Root
    Contrary
    Leaf Storm, Hidden Power Rock, Leech Seed, Mirror Coat
    IVs Def-30, Spe-30, SpD-30 (for Rock)

Wow, nice job. You got it with Contrary AND HP Rock. I'm not sure what Mirror Coat is for... is it just a filler move for Steels? Substitute could be used here if you wanted it. Giga Drain would have Leaf Storm's coverage and less power, but it lets you take advantage of Big Root and stack some healing.

Lucario ♂ (Héctor)
    Jolly - 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Life Orb
    Inner Focus
    Close Combat, Crunch, ExtremeSpeed, Substitute

Two things I don't get here: Substitute and Inner Focus. Inner Focus is trumped by Steadfast, even though neither of them are particularly good. Isn't it better to make good use of flinches than just ignore them? Substitute could be replaced by Swords Dance for a x2.3 boost to attack, bringing it up to 805 with Adamant. Crunch is being used for... what?

Gigalith ♂ (Name)
    Brave - 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Def
    Custap Berry
    Sturdy
    Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Explosion

I like that set. A lot. There was one Pokemon made to wall this set, however. Its name: Bronzong. IN fact, this team has a giant weakness to Bronzong. It walls and stalls everything here, even possibly Wobbuffet, which isn't really allowed that often...

Snorlax ♂ (Kenneth)
    Adamant - 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 HP
    Leftovers
    Immunity
    Rest, Sleep Talk, Curse, Giga Impact

RestTalk Recharge CurseLax? Something like that? Sure, Giga Impact has 225 BP with STAB, but the turn to recharge will likely bring out a counter and get you KOd. Body Slam might be an option over Giga Impact. If you ever decide to do coverage over cursing, you should use Earthquake, just to let you know.

Wobbuffet ♀ (Beatrice)
    Bold - 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SpD
    Lum Berry
    Shadow Tag
    Counter, Mirror Coat, Encore, Safeguard
    Classic pisser offer combo.

Well, moves are fine... obviously... Charm might be an option to cripple a strong physical attacker that can kill you before you can Counter them. "Anti-Wobbuffet" Events are, in fact, extremely common.

Electivire ♂ (Rupert)
    Adamant - 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Expert Belt
    Motor Drive
    Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Earthquake, Cross Chop

Fire Punch might be a slight possibilty over Earthquake for 4x coverage and other coverage, but otherwise I have nothing to say about this one. Nice job.

Milotic ♀ (Theresa)
    Modest - 152 HP / 136 Def / 220 SpA
    Life Orb
    Marvel Scale
    Surf, Ice Beam, Toxic, Recover
    SpA IV 30

I don't get this... this is my Milotic's set, but it has Leftovers with Bold and its EVs are 152 HP/136 SDef/220 Def. If this is a Special Attacker, use HP Grass/Electric instead of Toxic. You're trying to live in both worlds with this, but it is severely leaning to the Special Attacking side.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Explosion was nerfed in the transition between generations and should not see use on anything. There are better options. ;(

Use Ice Punch on Lucario or else you're walled by Gliscor who is incredibly prominent in this metagame. I'm also told that Contrary Serperior doesn't exist yet so unless you want to play in a metagame full of Genosekt, Keldeo, Shadow Tag Chandelure, Ditto, and Technician Breloom, then I'd find another option. On another note of things that don't exist: Custap Berry Gigalith does not exist either iirc since Custap isn't around, lol. That will also force you to play in a DW metagame.

I'd pronounce other thoughts on this team but I'm tired and my eyes hurt so yeah. Good luck etc.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Can't you also use a 31 Speed IV for Hidden Power (Ice) as well (31/30/30/31/31/31 or 31/31/30/31/31/31) on Gengar? Another option for a Hidden Power type is Fire because you can hit Scizor and Forretress without resorting to Focus Blast.

Back