• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Starting for first time soon

Years
  • Depends on what kind of advice you're looking for, really! To start off with, I heavily recommend getting a Starly, not just as a Pokemon to use to fly around with, but also because Staraptor (its final evolution) is actually useful in battle. I think you might like it!

Another early route Pokemon is Shinx. Shinx evolves into Luxray, which ends up being your very first prett powerful Electric-type early on. I definitely recommend Shinx; try to get one with the Intimidate ability if possible since of them also have Rivalry and personally I don't find that quite as useful.

A few routes later or so you'll probably come across a Buizel. Now, I personally think Buizel is a very underrated Water type myself; it evolves into Floatzel which is more of a physical Water type.

Also, one more thing! Catch a Bidoof early on. This sound dumb, but it evolves into Bibarel and it's quite literally one of THE best HM slaves in all of the games. You can teach it Waterfall/Surf, Rock Smash, Strength, Cut, as well as Rock Climb (a new HM introduced in Gen IV to get to some niche areas here and there). This makes Bibarel extremely important for you to have because instead of catching multiple Pokemon to do different HMs, you have Bibarel which can learn pretty much most of the important ones. Pick wisely, though; four moveslot syndrome and all.

Any other questions?

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    cool sounds good i will give them a go will i need to grind alot of is there a good level curve and plenty of trainers and exp?

Back