• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Say Something Nice - Day!

Years
  • Hi guys!

Okay, let me first introduce myself. My name is Tom, a 21-year-old from the Netherlands. I'm currently studying Communications in Rotterdam (fav city as well). So, what got me into Pokémon? It has Always fascinated me. I've been watching it since I was 6 / 7 years old and I still play the games (including Pokémon GO). So yeah, that's something about me.

I'd like to hear more from you guys, but not like the basic stuff. So, let's use the International Say Something Nice Day (1st of June) for this. Little background story:

"Say Something Nice Day began in Charleston, South Carolina, when the Mayors of North Charleston and Charleston came together with members of the Charleston-Atlantic Presbytery and the South Carolina Baptist Convention to create a day to be kind to the special people in our lives, like our children. It's also a day to remember and celebrate people, who provide us with a variety of services, such as bus drivers, healthcare workers and teachers. And, it's a great opportunity to apologize to people that we might have wronged or hurt through our behaviour. The aim of this special day is to fight against unkindness, bullying and the lack of politeness that dominates society today. The creators hope that this one day of pleasantness will grow, until people are nice to each other everyday."

What I'm asking of you: Tell something nice about someone who inspires you, who you admire or someone you think deserves more love for what he/she does. Maybe the Pokétrainer you met the other day with his story or that community member that always make you laugh or puts so much effort in the community. Let's share our stories!

Years
  • Hi Tom, welcome to PC <3

Haha lots of people inspire me. I have a co-worker/friend irl who just went through surgery and isn't doing the best financially, yet she is still happily pushing on and that is super inspiring for someone like me who is prone to stress. Wouldn't say she doesn't get enough love or anything but she is definitely a strong person!! I'm lucky we're friends.

oooh Rotterdam is pretty. Glad to see you're enjoying your stay there. As far as Pokémon goes, what's your favorite game?

See you around!

Years
  • Hi Tom, welcome to PC <3

Haha lots of people inspire me. I have a co-worker/friend irl who just went through surgery and isn't doing the best financially, yet she is still happily pushing on and that is super inspiring for someone like me who is prone to stress. Wouldn't say she doesn't get enough love or anything but she is definitely a strong person!! I'm lucky we're friends.

oooh Rotterdam is pretty. Glad to see you're enjoying your stay there. As far as Pokémon goes, what's your favorite game?

See you around!

Hey Sheep, thanks for your reply. Wow, that truly is an inspiring story! Thank you so much for sharing it!
    Rotterdam is pretty, right :smile: Well, I've recently bought the PokéBall-style Nintendo 2DS with Alpha Sapphire (I know, I'm a laggard :blush:), but that's a game I liked really much. Haven't had much time lately, though… I heard that the new Pokémon will be on Switch & compatible with Pokémon GO? Sounds like fun to me.
    What's your favourite game? / What game would YOU recommend me?

She

is home
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2018
    Heyyyyy Tom and welcome <3
    Hmm, the one that I admire? I have a lot but I'll choose my Dad for now, he is really super cool. I love how he multi task to earn money for us and never gave up. He always put a smile on his even though he's suffering in something. Enjoy your time and stick with us always!

Cheers!

Back