• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Honorless [M] - OOC + SU

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
  • I. The End
    It took less than three months.

It began in Slateport. Brain activity was recorded post mortem in a stab victim well after the time of death. Most dismissed the finding as a medical anomaly. There were others who saw the impending danger and immediately began stockpiling supplies. They were called paranoid and insane, but they were the only ones prepared when it happened. In a matter of days Slateport was overrun by the undead and Hoenn exploded into a state of panic. Teams of medical researchers were given the task of finding out what could cause a deceased human body to reanimate. Military action was taken to secure a border around Slateport in hopes of preventing it from spreading further. The police were worn thin trying to keep the surge of theft and looting under control. People stampeded to airports and harbors. Unfortunately, most of the vessels that departed did not make it to safe ground. No one knew how the disease was transmitted; checkpoints had not been set up to check for marks. Planes fell from the sky as the infected turned. Ships met the same fate as their crews were killed or turned, dooming them to float aimlessly on a tumultuous sea.

The virus spread at an alarming rate. Evacuations began in the cities surrounding Slateport when the border fell. Congestion on the roads left thousands of people stranded, unable to escape or defend themselves when herds of undead swarmed. Looting began in earnest and the Marts were stripped of supplies in a matter of weeks. Those with winged Pokemon strong enough for a lengthy trip fled on their backs. As the government failed to protect its people anarchy reigned. It was no longer a matter of containing the virus; it was a matter of surviving among it. Most of the population died in the initial wave. The rest are left to try and pick up the pieces in a world they no longer recognize. People must learn to adapt and change with it, but that could mean abandoning their humanity. Encounters with fellow humans will become as dangerous as the monsters that have taken over every major city in Hoenn. With everything they ever knew ruined, with their lives shredded to pieces, the question becomes, how will they cope? What will they have to do to survive?

II. Your Role
    You play as a survivor. All types and ages of characters are welcome. Variety is encouraged. At the start of the RP all characters must be located in Lilycove. How they got there is up to you.

This will be chapter based. The chapters will offer a main objective and at times there will be sub-plots that are optional for each player. Each chapter will be open for one week. They should each begin on Friday, barring any unforeseen real life circumstances.

III. The Virus
    The zombies will follow Walking Dead rules. The virus is transmitted through bites, scratches, or ingestion of infected fluids. The first stage of infection, provided that the victim survives the initial attack, is a high grade fever, chills, aches, migraines, nausea, and vomiting. At the time of death the brain will remain inactive for two minutes to an hour before restarting. When the victim reanimates they only feel the need to consume the flesh of other living things. Though they prefer humans, they will hunt Pokemon as well. At the beginning of the RP the virus is not zoonotic.

Note that people will have varying views on the infected. Some will think they're inhuman monsters, too far gone for mercy. There will be those that kill them for fun, and others that believe they should only be killed when necessary. A person's morals and beliefs will tie heavily into this. There may even be some people who think they're just sick. Feel free to play with these ideas as much as you like.
    IV. The Rules

• Quality will be a major concern in this RP. There will be a minimum of 300 words required per post. If you've been following the limit well and end up a little short once or twice that's fine, it's more a guideline than anything else. I won't be going through and testing the posts with a word counter. I just want to see that effort is being put into making posts detailed and in-depth. For reference, the first section of this was roughly 300 words.
    • Tying into that concept, there will be a post limit. No more than three posts will be allowed per chapter. This is to keep the RP from moving too fast or going off on a tangent. Those who wish to do joint posts are encouraged to do so.
    • Since this is a zombie RP gore and violence is a given. Please try to keep it realistic and don't overdo it. Cursing is also not prohibited in moderation. This is rated M for gore, violence, and mature themes including death and the darker aspects of human nature.
    • Any type of godmodding is absolutely not allowed. Only one warning will be given for this. If you're not sure if something you want to do counts as godmodding don't hesitate to ask.
    • Character death is certainly allowed and will eventually become mandatory. Once the RP gets moving, chances for players to bring in a secondary character will arise. A new SU will have to be submitted for that character.
    • If you fail to post at least once for a chapter I'll try to contact you and see if you're still interested in participating. After the third missed chapter in a row your character will be killed.
    • Above all else be friendly. RPs can't thrive without friendly players who encourage and interact with one another. Any new or inexperienced RPers are encouraged to ask questions. Everyone is encouraged to make friends in the OOC thread and discuss whatever they want.
    V. SU Form
    Name: (First and last required. Middle, nickname, and alias may be included if applicable.)

Appearance: (At least two paragraphs. Pictures are not accepted.)

Personality: (Three paragraphs. What are they like on a day to day basis? How do they handle conflict? How have they handled the end of the world?)

History: (The required length here will depend on your character's age. I want to see everything from childhood to present. Include family life, education, career, etc. Where were they when the virus broke out? How did they first react, and how did they get to Lilycove?)

Pokemon: (Complete the following for each Pokemon. Maximum of six. Those with fewer than six will have opportunities to gain new Pokemon through sub-plots.)
    -Name
    -Species
    -Personality
    -Brief History

RP Sample: (I'd like this to be anything that happened before the start of the RP. You could make it about where they were when it happened, how they reacted, or how they got to Lilycove.)

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Done! Sorry I wrote a lot...

The Revenge​

Grace "Raven" Evergreen // 14 // Female

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Personality:
    Spoiler:

History:
    Spoiler:

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

The Pokemon Party

255.gif

Flare(Female)
    Spoiler:

258.gif

Muddy(Male)
    Spoiler:

387.gif

Buddy(Male)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
    Years
  • I've been waiting for an RP like this ^_^

Name: Drake "Swift" Landon

Appearance: "You utter wuss! You pipsqueak!" are the words which Drake heard a lot in his life. The worst part is they were absolutely true. His physique is composed of a lean body with strong legs, due to all the running he does. A dastardly handsome fellow, Drake stands at a mediocore 61.5 inches and just barely below 100 pounds. His face, marked by all the crossing of his brows, portrays a very serious apparel alongside his tinted spectacles.

Drake's usual attire, nowadays, consists of a black tanktop alongside grey slacks, outfitted for long-distance sprinting. His green eyes and black hair go well with his casual accoutrements, giving him a look older than he actually is. A first impression of Drake is primarily someone bold, or serious.

Personality: Drake's entire life has been shaped by bullies and his parents, or lackthereof. Despite Drake having a very serious appearance, he hardly maintains that appearance when not with other people. Drake can easily breakdown and have a panic attack, where he just hides from the dead. Drake finds it difficult to keep on going with life, and sometimes just collapses under the pressure, crying. While he may be good at maintainig a facade, Drake need's help from others to carry on the will to live.

Drake is quite social and loves to interact with other people he comes by and will try as hard as he can to help them should it be within his capabilities. Drake usually puts other peoples needs before his, and will willingly sacrifice himself for someone he truly loves. Most of Drake's social skills and respect was instilled by his father when he was young, teaching him to be selfless, and teaching him to respect those around him.

When it comes to the dead, Drake is not so forgiving. Drake is aware that the dead have no hope of turning back into human. He knows the pain of loosing someone to those creatures. Drake understands that it's not the humans fault that they turned, and as such will kill a lone zombie so as to put it out of it's misery and free it's soul. Drake sees killing the dead, as freeing the living within.

History: Drake grew up in the stale grey town of Rustboro. The city's general idea was to fuse nature and science into one, and his father told him stories how scientists would genetically modify rocks and trees. Drake was bright for his age. He was born to a loving couple, Barry and Ruby Landon. Ironically, his father was a Scientist and his mother a florist. Such couples were quite common in Rustboro.

Drake's parents sent him to the Public School of Rustboro Town, where they taught just about every science. Drake absorbed all of the information given to him about multiple sciences. Drake's parents helped him with his lessons often, and were the main reason he was so intersted in sciences like Physics and Biology. Drake had an A- to B+ average in his lessons.

From the age of 7 all the way till the age of 11 Barry and Drake went rock climbing every single day on Rusturf Tunnel. His parent's weren't in the greatest economic stature, and as such they both used a pair of Ice tools, or formerly called Ice axes, in order to climb the stony mountain. Drake has become extremely profficient with the tool and still uses it to this day to scale some buildings. His parent's would buy him a new ice axe every year since he was growing. On 10th birthday, they bought him a modified Ice axe which could extend and retract the hilt so that it would always fit Drake's hand. He was never happier in his life.

Then there was the day, the day of which everything changed for Drake. He was coming home from school when he heard a blood-curling scream coming from his house. Drake sprinted as fast as he could. He heard grumbles and groans down some alleyways. A rancid smell. His feet were slamming down on the concrete sidewalk, resonating. He sprinted as fast as he could, but he couldn't do anything but watch as he stood at the door, mouth open as he saw his mother get torn apart. A tear, a pang of remorse and sorrow, and Drake never learned how to smile since that day. Drake grabbed the hefty ice axe and slaughtered the thing assaulting what was left of his mother. Drake left the house hyperventilating as he saw the blood splattered on his hands until he saw his father. Drake ran out of the house, without killing his mother. Drake would curse himself for years for not killing his own mother, not pitying her.

His father took him to Mr Briney's house. They cleaned Drake up and gave him new clothes. Mr. Briney promised to take Drake to Lilycove, as far as he could from the outbreak, the Isolated island of Lilycove. The three of them went to Mr Briney's ship and tried to start up the motor. Briney went below the motor and found some kelp. He set to work on cutting it, but little did they realize that there was a banging on the door. Drake saw his father go to the door, open it, and get jumped on by a... thing. It happened so fast, one minute his father was up, the next he ended up just like his mother. Drake saw the event and went into a rage and slaughtered the monster that took both of his parents. Drake kept on hitting, assaulting the thing, destroying it's body. The last thing left, was his father's 4 pokeballs. Drake wept, got down on his knees and wept for his father. His last words to Drake, "I'll be right back, wait for me." But Drake was still waiting, for his whole life.

Drake turned to go to Mr Briney, standing by the boat watching the scene. Mr Briney consoled Drake, embracing him and trying to comfort him. He lost both of his parents in a span of 10 minutes. Drake wept all the way to the city, Mr Briney looked after him for a fortnight before he passed away from old age.

Pokemon

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Strikit

Years
  • It's great to see so much interest already! I'll be reviewing SUs this evening.

Aaand I forgot to add Sample in the original SU form. So the guys who already finished their SU, it's optional but preferred to have a sample. All new SUs will have to have a sample.

EDIT:
    Yet Another Logical Nerd: You are pending. Be careful on overpowering your character. She's only fourteen years old, not fully developed yet physically or mentally. It's unlikely that she could have broken a pair of metal handcuffs on her own. These are designed so that fully grown well muscled adults can't break them. On that note, at fourteen she's probably still growing. To be six feet tall at that age is not only unlikely, but would most likely be due to a medical problem. Barring that, I like your SU and I love love love the detail. Just address the issue of overpowering her and we'll be good to go. If you want to keep these details you're more than welcome to age her a little more. Remember that most women don't stop growing until around age twenty.

NyxShooter: You are also pending, solely because I mentioned that the end of the world came about in under three months. Mr. Briney would therefore not have cared for Drake for a full year after the virus outbreak. Fix this detail and you'll be accepted.

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    I'm charging in

Name: Gelius "Wild" Peters

Appearance: Gelius stands on 5.5 feet and 154 lbs. He has dark brown eyes and brown hair. He has a small nose and a smooth cream colored skin. He has not so much muscle because he was always a bit weak. He has a scar on the chest.

Gelius usually wears a black jacket and under it a dark blue t-shirt. He wears blue jeans, black tennis, a black scarf, black gloves and the most strange of all, a black hat. He has equiped a knife that he used when he was camping, arrows and a bow that he used to train with it. Yet no one saw him directly yet.

Personality: Gelius usually is a nice guy, stubborn and funny guy. Gelius lives the day like its the last one. He is a guy who always is free to help anyone. He hates to get orders by other people. He does not like team up sometimes.

Gelius confronts conflicts very well. Never gives up and is always thinking a way to defeat those conflicts. He even cares more about others safety than his own safety. He doesn't let himself get distracted on conflicts. He is able to sacrifice himself for the ones who he truly loves or companions and teammates.

When the end of the world came, Gelius did not handled so well but he knew he needed to survive. He had a huge personality change to what he is now. He is not afraid of death because he knows that one day everyone dies. He always had that in mind.

History: He lived on Verdanturf Town. When he turned 6 years old he got his own pokemon, Sneasel. Gelius used to go to Rustboro School. He did not pulled great notes in exception of sciences.

His parents were from Kanto. They were Craig and Yellow Peters. Craig was a employer at Rydel's Cycles Shop and his mother was a breeder at the Pokemon Day care. He had a big connection with his mother.

He had a younger sister called Mary. Gelius had 6 when she had born. Mary died with 8 years old. He was not so friendly with her... But he loved her like he loved his father.

When Gelius turned 8 he received a bow and arrows to practice. He also got a knife that he used when he camped on Petalburg Woods. He used to practice near Rusturf Tunnel.

The day that the apocalypse arrived was the worst day on Gelius life. He had 14 years old. When he was going to train his dad and sister died and he defended his mother. Killing his dad and his sister was harsh to him but the worst came after. His mother was about to transform into a zombie. When he was about to kill his mother, he was not capable to do it. So he and Sneasel ran away with supplies.

Then he wanted to leave to a safe place. Since the Rusturf Tunnel was full of zombies he went to Slateport City along with a friend and then they went to Lilycove City on a little boat. After leaving Gelius on Lilycove, his friend dies of sickness.

Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

I think its done. Sorry about the sample, its not so much my character past. In fact it was to be not so much because of the lack of time. If there is anything to change tell me and i will see what i can do.

Two Questions... Will be there Zombie Pokemon? And we be able to steal badges so we can use moves like Cut, etc...?

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Yep, I got that. I shortened her down by a couple of inches, and hopefully how she escaped wasn't so overpowering. Plus, she can't fight forever, so might as well make a very risky escape.

Strikit

Years
  • Yet Another Logical Nerd, your changes are great and you're the first to be accepted!

Gelius3, at this point you're denied. Your Sample is barely half of the word limit, I checked due to its short length. Why is Gelius going to Lilycove? And there are a few elements of your history that don't check out. You say his younger sister, Mary, was 8. But only a paragraph before that you said Gelius was 3. So was she eight years younger than him? Was she eight when she died? I need to see some more attention to detail paid, as well as some grammatical errors in your SU addressed. You're welcome to try again.

In answer to your question, at this time the virus is not zoonotic, meaning it cannot be transmitted to Pokemon. The infected do however hunt Pokemon. And as far as badges go, I don't much care for that structure in RPs like this. So if a Pokemon has blades, it can cut. If your character has a knife, it can cut. Just be reasonable to the size and strength level. An adult man would cut through a tree better than your fourteen year old character. A Venusaur may be able to cut better using Razor Leaf than a low level Scyther with his scythes.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Well... I think the reason of going to Lilycove and explanation about his sister's age is clear... But my writing errors i can't guilty it... I'm not from England, USA or something like that...

Tell me if something is wrong

Strikit

Years
  • I saw that you fixed the thing with the ages that had me confused, and that's great. But your sample is still lacking in length and detail. Remember, there's a word minimum of 300 words per post for this RP.

EDIT: I've just finished the SU for the character I'll be using so I'll just put that here. I may add a sample later just for the helluvit but for now I'm all worded out.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Well now i think the RP Sample is good... Warn me if you can to say something about the SU.

Strikit

Years
  • Okay then,

Gelius3, at this point you're accepted. Just please remember that the 300 word limit is in effect for every post, so you may want to consider adding more detail rather than trying to lengthen your posts by adding events.

NyxShooter, you're accepted. Sucks to be Mr. Briney. Do note that Lilycove is actually not an island. It's on the eastern edge of the mainland, so be sure to remember that in your posts.

Barring all unforeseen circumstances and with the hope that we'll have enough people by then, I'll set the start date to this Friday.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    yet i got hurt on my foot and i will go to hospital but i will try to get along. thank you.

Edit: I'm better now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2015
    I'll reserve a part in this interesting story. I can have it all in tomorrow, but i have no more time today.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Strikit

Years
  • 90FC3C and EmeraldRarity are reserved.

edwardel, I'm loving your character so far. The detail in your SU is beautiful and he seems like a well thought out character. But please note that the virus is not zoonotic at this point, meaning it does not affect Pokemon. Finish up the blank bits and fix that and I'll be glad to accept you.

Okay! I know I said the RP would start on Friday, but family things came up and that did not happen. I've got a busy day or two ahead of me, so please keep patient and we'll start as soon as possible.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2015
    Thanks, I appreciate that. Just wanted a character that's fun to play from the first post. I'm going to take the virus thing just as an excuse to tidy up his history and Rp sample a bit.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2016
    Name: Jonathan Baxter

Appearance: Before the apocalypse started Jonathan was a 5 foot 11, slim teen male with brown hair almost covering his eyes he has blue eyes a rather small nose and a really nice smile that he seems to get complimented on mostly for and he really likes to wear Jeans and a tank top. Being a male he has leg hairs and hairs growing on his arms and is starting to get hair under his armpits to.

Since the Apocolypse has happened, Jonathan likes to keep his hair rather short in order to avoids the zombies a little bit more and stop them from grabbing his hair. He doesnt really pay much attention to what he likes to wear anymore he goes with whatever tends to feel more comfortable on him and depending on what the weather is like on the day. Should it be a cold day he likes to wear his jumper which has a hoodie on it so he doesnt get to wet, should it be a warm day he prefers just to wear shorts and his tank top.(At least two paragraphs. Pictures are not accepted.)

Personality: Before the apocalypse, Jonathan was a well mannered, well behaved boy liked to really help out his mother and get her through the days after his Dad just suddenly went away and never came back. He is easily startled and easily scared but he only really had one thing on his mind and that was becoming a Pokemon Trainer and being the best Pokemon Trainer he could be in other words he is very ambitious.

He was picked on by most people when he was younger which makes him rather sensitive to what a lot of people tend to say to him and he prefers to be alone and do his own thing rather then working in a team or being around people. He only needed him and his pokemon and he would be happy with that!

When the Apocolypse happened a lot of that had changed, he began to find that working in a team was needed and began to enjoy being around people a little bit more and his dreams of becoming the worlds best Pokemon Trainer have been put on hold but he is still very ambitious he only has the one ambitious goal right now and that is to survive!!

History: Jonathan was born into a very loving family at the beginning, things were looking good for his father and mother. Suddenly when Jonathan was three years of age his father was fired from his job and from that point on he started drinking and started to become very aggressive with everything. He suddenly just took off and he was never seen again. Only being a very young age of three Jonathan had no idea about what his father was like or has any recollection of what happened. Jeanette (Jonathan's mother) remembers it all quiet clearly and every time Jonathan went to ask about it she would cringe and work around any question at all. Having only his mother in his life Jonathan was beginning to find it tough to do anything he was having trouble with his schooling to the point that home-schooling was much preferred. Jonathan only really ever had the one dream and that dream was to be Pokemon Trainer just like almost everyone around his age. What made him even more of an outcast was that his mother never wanted him to have a Pokemon but on his fifteenth birthday she gave in. He got his first Pokemon which was a Carvanha which he gave the nickname of Spikes. Spikes and Jonathan were a very unique team, from the very beginning they were working well as a team, responding quickly to his calls Carvanha was able to quickly go in and attack his victim. He was much more effective in water Jonathan realised and preferred to have him take on water Pokemon. Spikes and Jonathan seemed almost unbeatable they added a new member into their party when they came across a wild Bellsprout, after a long grueling battle and almost defeating Spikes, Jonathan threw a pokeball and managed to catch him calling him Mr. Sprout. Ignoring the orders to start off with Jonathan and Mr. Sprout began working as a team more often. Mr. Sprout took a new liking to his trainer and they started doing really well together. Jonathan was out training up his Spikes battling a Roselia and finally coming to a defeat it brought upon what appeared to be the end of the world for Jonathan. He was attacked by a Zombie and thats when it all came together it might very well be the end of the world...for Jonathan!

Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Strikit

Years
  • Everyone who was previously reserved, work on getting those SUs in please.

edwardel, there's still mention of infected Pokemon in your SU. I'm going to go ahead and call you accepted anyway, just make sure not to get confused in IC.

nonofyourbus4, you are reserved. Please get your SU in promptly.

I'm submitting the IC thread tonight. It'll be open for posting as soon as it's up. Please remember to follow the rules set in your first posts. Make them detailed and have fun with it.

Back