• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] New Rom hacker here

OriginWizard

Map Maker
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 30, 2023
    Hey there! I joined after seeing the Rom Hack threads on the forum, I've dabbled in Rom Hacking before, making a small pokemon game for me and my friends.

I'm currently working on a project involving an Emerald Rom Hack but it's not ready to be uploaded here, there's less than 12 new areas which seems to be a requirement in the Rom Hack section.
    I wouldn't mind posting updates somewhere though about my progress and brainstorm ideas with people if there is somewhere I can do that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey there! I joined after seeing the Rom Hack threads on the forum, I've dabbled in Rom Hacking before, making a small pokemon game for me and my friends.

I'm currently working on a project involving an Emerald Rom Hack but it's not ready to be uploaded here, there's less than 12 new areas which seems to be a requirement in the Rom Hack section.
    I wouldn't mind posting updates somewhere though about my progress and brainstorm ideas with people if there is somewhere I can do that.
    Hi OriginWizard! Welcome to PC :)

I don't believe you need 12 unique areas in order to post your work. They do wish that you post 12 distinct screenshots however, and a downloadable and playable patch file covering content roughly matching the amount 7 gyms in a "normal" pokémon game would be comprised of.

If you don't think you've reached that far yet, Progressing Hacks is probably a safer bet :) I think your thread can be moved to the main studio forum later on as you build onto the game more. They require 6 screenshots there. https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fn=progressing-hacks

Ofc, message one of the ROM Hack forum mods if you're still unsure! I'm no expert there 😅 The fangames mod team have names in gold on the online list and can also be found if you scroll here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/staff.php

Good luck!

OriginWizard

Map Maker
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 30, 2023
    That's great! I couldn't find the progressing hacks section, only the finished hacks so this really helps! Thank you! I currently have 7 unique screenshots and 4 new areas, most of the other changes I've made have been to existing maps. I do aim to have a lot more though before I'm done of course and this has helped greatly!
    I was worried about having to wait until everything was pretty much finished and then have to write out everything in one go, probably taking a few pages of text, I was hoping to slowly build up information as I add things, a changelog I can refer to. This is what I innitially wanted to use the forum for, now that I see there's an option for progressing hacks I'll start writing up the info I currently have!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, it should be there so you can share your progress with the community and get feedback and hype 😁✨

DrWho42

ka kaw
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    hello and welcome! i haven't dabbled in rom hacking but i'm curious to get into it! looking forward to seeing your updates!

Back