• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Fan Universe

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Is the server down or something? x_X It won't load for me.

EDIT: Nevermind. It just took a very, very long time. -_-;;

Years
  • Seen May 25, 2005
It loads he is just on forumhost.com which is very slow, I was going to post on your topic, but I suggest BulbaNetworks, they gave me a reasonable price, and great features =).

Its got all your gzip and stuff, so I suggest switching since fourmhost is very slow.

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
Years
It isn't very slow. It is extremely fast. This is the first time the CPU Usage shot up to 202.64 since I switched to them. I was told that they use Dell Servers and put 100-150 customers on a server. Considering that I check load on a daily basis and it is rarely above 2.00, that is true. I don't know what went wrong today, time to file a support ticket...

By the way, I am trying to cut back on spending money, not increase the amount I am spending. The Forum Host offered to host my site in return for an advertisement. :D

Anyway, when PFU is back online, tell me what you think about it. :D

Cherrim

Years
It's the same as how I've always thought about it (and it is online, it's just taking forever to load). You need a layout badly. =P Your content is exceptional, though.

Ah.. it's going slighly faster. Now it only takes 20 seconds instead of a minute. XD

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
I agree with Lightning, especially the Pok?dex. Very nice, I'll have to check the other sections when it's back up to speed.

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
Years
The other sections haven't been as refined as the Pokedex. I have a plan to completely redo the site (the pokedex will probably have few variations since I develop it seperately), hopefully adding a ton of content in the process. Too bad it would probably take me a year to code alone... Not to mention I am extremely busy with school.

Edit: PFU is back online. :D

Cherrim

Years
._. Just a note, your right menu/sidebar thing is layered over the pokedex table. It may just be my screen size or something (1024x768), but.. yeah. @_@;

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
Years
That is a bug with IE's box model, or in other words, it is Microsoft's problem. What version of IE do you run? To my knowledge that specific bug was resolved in IE 5.5 and 6.0.

Kairi

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Unless she's using Windows 95, then she can't.

There's a lot better browsers than IE to use anyways. >_>

Kairi

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Isn't it on Windows Server 2003?

I like tabbed browsing and such. ;p

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
Years
No. Windows 2003 Server is actually Windows XP Server. Not to mention Microsoft killed IE (for security, servers don't need desktop components) in Windows 2003 Server, it is virtually impossible to access it.

Cherrim

Years
@_@ I can't upgrade without permission from my parents who never LISTEN to me anyway. *sighs* I have netscape though. Does it work properly on Netscape? XD

I like the tab browsing thing too. :3

Back