• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Doctor Detective and his murdered Colleague. (Title in Progress)

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years

• CASE NUMBER 122378
    1nyeca2.jpg

CASE NUMBER: 122378
    DATE: 05/29/17
    LEAD OFFICER: Detective Cox
    INCIDENT REPORT:
    On 11:23PM on Sunday the 28th, a call was received from a Linda Rhodes, saying that she had stumbled across the bloodied body of one Doctor Jonathan Crawforde in his office at 1422 Brending Road.

I was sent out to investigate, and when I arrived with the medical team, we did in fact find the not long deceased body of the late Doctor Crawforde. After speaking with Miss Rhodes, his receptionist, she claimed that she hadn't seen the Doctor all day, claiming that they hadn't had any scheduled appointments that day and had been granted a requested day off, as proved by paperwork found stored in the Doctor's office.

On the topic of paperwork, it would seem Doctor Crawforde's patient files were in fact all stored as paper copies, and in turn taken by the presumed murderer. Mrs. Rhodes was able to pull the basic information on all of them from her computer, but their medical history is unavailable. The new therapist will have to give us his diagnosis.

Interestingly however, several recorded phone calls from the Doctor then seemed to imply that he had called several of his patients in order to "test a new theory." Interrogation of the patients seemed to prove nothing as each claim that the Doctor had simply asked them strange questions that seemed to be completely mundane, yet he'd scribbled down the answers in his notebook like a madman. The notebook's whereabouts are currently unknown.

As of yet, few leads have come up for the case, however we've contacted the new therapist, and they have agreed to aide in the investigation in any way possible.

-Detective Cox

PATIENT NAME: Elizabeth Leskow
    ETHNICITY: English
    SEX: Female

PATIENT NAME: Rita Goodman
    ETHNICITY: African-American

PATIENT NAME: Jaina Reddings.
    ETHNICITY: American

PATIENT NAME: Wilfred Dott
    ETHNICITY: Italian
    SEX: Male

PATIENT NAME: Benjamin Bently
    ETHNICITY: American
    SEX: Male

Okay so info dump I know. But the premise of this "RP" is that its not an RP in the conventional sense, but rather, that all the players will be taking on the role of a single therapist trying to help his patients by asking them questions about themselves and their daily goings on while also trying to piece together clues about what might have happened to his predecessor and what role his patients may or may not have played in his murder. (GP gave me the go ahead to try it out, so here's an interest thread to see if I should even both fleshing out the wacky tale that i've got going on in my head.)

Mechanically, Each session with a character will last a few irl days, or until one of the patients doesn't want to talk anymore (You're actions will have actual consequences). It will then shift onto a new character, or back to another patient if we've cycled through. If the majority of players want to change to a specific character as well, that could also shift into a new session.

Questions? Comments? #HYPE?

Years
  • My biggest nitpick here, is that I want you to find a way to make sure posting is in-character. Otherwise it seems interesting.

For me this is a trial-run thing to determine if this belongs more here or in Forum games, but I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • My biggest nitpick here, is that I want you to find a way to make sure posting is in-character. Otherwise it seems interesting.

For me this is a trial-run thing to determine if this belongs more here or in Forum games, but I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

Questions would easily be asked IC, while discussions and info tracking kept in an OOC. The only issue I see might be the 100 word limit. Unless I make their questions be asked OOC and only my responses go IC.

Years
  • Questions would easily be asked IC, while discussions and info tracking kept in an OOC. The only issue I see might be the 100 word limit. Unless I make their questions be asked OOC and only my responses go IC.

Since it's a special thing, I'd void the word limit for it that's fine.
    I don't think there's anything actually programmed in that prevents such short posts.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Hmm, I don't necessarily agree that this should be on Forum Games. My first impression was "this sounds like a FF&W job", but when I think about it, it could very possibly be in the RPT too.

The only issue I see might be the 100 word limit.

You could do what GP said, or here's a better solution imo - have multiple questions be in a single post. Maybe they'd send you the question through the OOC, or some other way, and you'd list them all in a separate post in the IC. The idea reminds me of the Yarnsalot thing that happened a while back, so maybe you could operate like that did too.

Years
  • Hmm, I don't necessarily agree that this should be on Forum Games. My first impression was "this sounds like a FF&W job", but when I think about it, it could very possibly be in the RPT too.

You could do what GP said, or here's a better solution imo - have multiple questions be in a single post. Maybe they'd send you the question through the OOC, or some other way, and you'd list them all in a separate post in the IC. The idea reminds me of the Yarnsalot thing that happened a while back, so maybe you could operate like that did too.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that. Good point.

Back