• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Make 2 NPC's move at the same time?

vashicool777

Creating an event!
Years
  • The easiest way I would do it is make 3 different events. 1 for the player/character, 1 for the other character/player and the third one which activated both of them through one switch. But you would need to do it through parallel processing. Just try different things and see what works best for you.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2017
    I'm sorry if I come across as rude but it's honestly just insulting how terrible the advice is that you've gotten so far.

Almost every reply mentions some weird parallel process voodoo nonsense but that's super unnecessary.
    By default, moving an event doesn't force the rest of the game to pause and wait.
    That only happens when you insert the 'Wait for move completion' event.

If you want multiple objects to move simultaniously, simply don't use the 'Wait for move completion' action. It's literally that simple.
    Come on people, this is RPG Maker basics 101.
    @mej71 had it right.

Example:

LkO15T3.png

OAK starts walking. A few frames later, PLAYER starts walking too.
    The rest of the event plays only after both OAK AND PLAYER have completed their move route.

Back