• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] RomHackin' in Android

jensmoking

Little boygirl.
Years
  • Yep, romhacking is possible in Android, by the way, is harder than in Windows.
    If you're in romhacking, and for any reason you cannot use a PC, I'll show you some tools for android. Those will help in the process, and it's possible to make a full hack with Android if you take the time to do so.

Ok, here I go:
    Native Tools:
    These are tools made for Android, and you'll only need to install 'em.
    -G3T
    This kind of a "port" of the PC G3T, however, it only can edit move data such as:
    Names
    Effects (using already existing effects)
    Stats (Power, PP, etc)
    Type
    Link: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=416045

-Starter editor
    Self explanatory, it can edit your starter pokemon, but not the rival's ones
    Link: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=398374

Emulators:
    These are for running PC programs, such as romhacking tools:

Wine
    This one is a port of the Linux app Wine.
    It is not suituable for devices with little screens, as it is really hard to add programs.

ExaGear
    This one, is the perfect one. It's lighter than wine, and it lets you change some options so it has a better compatiblity among low-end devices. It has a free license for ten minutes, then you can either pay or delete the app data and continue using.

Other good stuff:
    These are not made specifically for romhacking, but can be used for that and works fine.
    HEX Editor
    As the name says, it's a hex editor. Is the best editor in the Play Store, but it has no support on tables for text editing, but still usable for that purpose. You can edit pkmn stats, trainer data and maps as well, but you'll need the offsets.
    Termux
    Termux is a linux terminal, wich you can use to work with a decomp/disassembly.
    For using it, you'll need to know how to work with a terminal, using commands such as cd/cp/rm.
    To make a hack you'll need some packages, but it will let you edit everything.

That's it. If for some reason you are willing to make a hack rom from your phone, you may want to check out these tools.
    If you want a tutorial on how to set up and use Termux and/or any of these, post a reply and I'll try to make a post as soon as possible.
    If you have any info on another tool, post a reply and I'll add it.
    Bye, and good luck on your hacks!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2022
    it would be great to have a tutorial on the Hex Editor, measuring the Pokémon statistics as you mentioned.

Years
    • Seen today
    @PowerMantis

Apart from making some very basic changes with the mentioned tools, ROM Hacking on Android is not really a serious option.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2023
    Yep, romhacking is possible in Android, by the way, is harder than in Windows.
    If you're in romhacking, and for any reason you cannot use a PC, I'll show you some tools for android. Those will help in the process, and it's possible to make a full hack with Android if you take the time to do so.

Ok, here I go:
    Native Tools:
    -G3T
    This kind of a "port" of the PC G3T, however, it only can edit move data such as:
    Names
    Stats (Power, PP, etc)
    Type

-Starter editor

Emulators:

Wine
    It is not suituable for devices with little screens, as it is really hard to add programs.

ExaGear
    This one, is the perfect one. It's lighter than wine, and it lets you change some options so it has a better compatiblity among low-end devices. It has a free license for ten minutes, then you can either pay or delete the app data and continue using.

Other good stuff:
    These are not made specifically for romhacking, but can be used for that and works fine.
    HEX Editor
    As the name says, it's a hex editor. Is the best editor in the Play Store, but it has no support on tables for text editing, but still usable for that purpose. You can edit pkmn stats, trainer data and maps as well, but you'll need the offsets.
    Termux
    For using it, you'll need to know how to work with a terminal, using commands such as cd/cp/rm.

That's it. If for some reason you are willing to make a hack rom from your phone, you may want to check out these tools.
    If you want a tutorial on how to set up and use Termux and/or any of these, post a reply and I'll try to make a post as soon as possible.

please teach me how to use termux, can i edit text game with that?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I too would like this as I cannot afford a laptop but would like to learn how to fully hack on an Android phone using that.

Draizehn

Waka Waka, es Drácula el de las conexiones en los
    Years
  • Yep, romhacking is possible in Android, by the way, is harder than in Windows.

Ok, here I go:
    Native Tools:
    -G3T
    Names
    Stats (Power, PP, etc)
    Type

-Starter editor

Emulators:

Wine

ExaGear

Other good stuff:
    HEX Editor
    Termux

Thanks for collecting the links of the tools and putting them in the post.

It will help those who can't use a PC to hack ROMs, either because of financial problems, etc.
    PD: When will a map editor come out? XD

Back