• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's Discuss Popularity...

smocks

fiat lux
Years
  • if I'm going to be entirely honest, the popular kids consist of the kids who have excessive pre-marital sex or just really annoying airheads who crack a joke here and there. Why? Well, everyone is talking about their latest scandals of course! That's how they're so popular lmao

For me, you could put me in the categories of being pretty well-known and have a good amount of friends to the point I could hit up a connection with anyone. I just stay clean, put up a honest front with a toothy smile and with a dash of charm. Popularity never was an idea for me and tons of high schoolers would be living better lives if they know popularity isn't everything. All you need is at least one good friend or somewhere on your campus to express your passion and you can survive high school.

PS- if you're in high school and reading this, keep going! it's just short 4 years of your life that'll pass by so quickly! you could still make them count if you want to ;)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I was never popular in school, but I wasn't unpopular either? I went to two high schools, one of which I had been in that school system for most of my life and was considerably small. Everyone knew each other. So eh, it was as if everyone just kind of blended together. The high school I attended my final three years, however, was much larger and there were definitely groups. I wouldn't say cliques per se because of the negative connotation. But you had your stereotypical popular guys/girls, jocks, emo kids (can you tell what my high school years were), band people, Jesus-y people that went to the whitest churches, theatre kids, etc.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • Yeah my school had all that, it was more like different groups of people who didn't like each other than 'popularity'. Funny how much none of that matters any more when you've left high school.

User19sq

Popularity/Unpopularity will exist in every social setting. It's just a fact of life that some people are more well-liked/respected than others, both offline and online. I don't think I've ever been a particularly popular person, although like others have said I've been well-known but I've never been bothered by that.

That's odd. It never existed in mine. But unpopularity did, on its own. I'm actually hailing from such a circle, but even then the would-be, should-be popular kids welcomed me in (a bit, but not completely). It's the weirdest thing.

Sirfetch’d

I was sort of in the middle back in high school. I would sit with the "popular" kids at lunch because my best friend and I were invited over once and kinda just stayed there, but I wouldn't really hang out with them otherwise. It was kind of a strange position to be in really.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I was.... invisible??

My friend circle was in the middle really. Not popular but nobody had anything against us. We were not the bullied gang, you know what I mean.

As for me, I thought some people would know at least who I was since I was looking different than the others, so I kinda stand out at this time. But apparently not, as when I went to Uni and talked to someone who was in the same highschool than me she didn'T even remember me name LOL. I felt like crap. I mean, I don't ant to be popular and I knew I wasn't, really not. But you know... being invisible. Not being remember at all, not even your name.

Now I see it like a talent. I such a small town where everyone talk about each other, nobody know me so that's really a talent to be that invisible lol.

Back