• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Young Heroes

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
  • So this is my newest and hopefully most successful story. I've writen this story out of my natural love for Superheroes.

Prologue

The group of adults stood, looking through the window overlooking the courtyard. They had mixed feelings about this whole idea, but they knew it must be done.

One of the adults, a middle aged man left the room and began to walk through the corridors almost sprinting, which would confuse any other person. He checked the watch on his right arm and saw that he was a minute late. He gathered pace, knowing he couldn't be late to welcome them on the first day of their futures. He took one final step and was welcomed by fresh air, he was now out of the building but now had to find the entrance. He checked each direction and took off to his left, and stopped next to the giant gates which stood open.

He saw two more of the adults heading his way, a young black-haired lady with hair levitating and a young man with muscles shrinking his clothes. The woman glanced at the man already waiting for them, and nodded. It was time. A bell rang, as if to agree with her.

"It's time; here come the first busload of students."

Chapter One: Initiation.

The boy kept his stare on the road in front of him. The bus crept to a halt, near the golden gates, where he noticed three people waiting. "All out!" the bus driver yelled. He'd been tired from the drive here and now wanted to take it out of his passengers. The students began to pile out of the bus, some excited and some nervous. They all started walking towards the small group of people waiting.
    "Hello, my name is Mr. Truvale" said the middle aged man." This is Ms. Mortez and Mr. Maze." He said, motioning to the other two standing next to him. "We'll quickly do attendance then get everybody sorted out."

Ms. Mortez handed him a folder, he opened it and began calling names out, with students raising their hands to alert him of their presence. "Tony Anderson? Benjamin Awen? William Due? Alexis Garcia?" a girl with short black hair raised her hand and smiled, obviously filled with happiness to be here. "Jonas Field?" Mr. Truvale continued, going through the list still. "Richard Tilman?" the boy quickly sprang his hand up, so Mr. Truvale could recognize him. "Ah there you are." As Mr. Truvale scribbled a tick next to his name.

"Timothy Vaughn?" Mr. Truvale called out, a boy with dark brown hair raised his hand and Mr. Truvale put a tick next to his name. "Xi Zaqaw?" and a short boy raised his hand. With that, attendance was finished. "Now, we'll get everybody with a last name beginning with A to K to follow Ms. Mortez and everybody else to follow Mr. Maze to their rooms." Mr. Truvale shouted, so that everybody could hear. Richard rushed to find Mr. Maze; he was excited to see what his room would look like. Richard found Mr. Maze, and realized from the look of him that he should tread with caution, as he did not seem like one to be messed with.

Mr. Maze was leading his group through the foyer and through a hallway to the right. "Okay, here are your rooms Mr. Kappem and Mr. York", he pointed to two parallel doorways. He kept walking and pointing to doors and saying names as he looked at his paperwork he was holding. "Mr. Tilman and Mr. Tones." He pointed to a door with the number "30" on it. Richard looked at the group, walking and growing smaller as more students found their rooms.

He turned back and caught notice of a boy with short dark brown hair looking at him. They both stared at each other, then the other boy smiled and extended his hand, "Hello, I'm Frederick Tones, you're Richard Tilman right?" Richard nodded, he was glad there were nice students here; maybe he could become friends with Frederick. "Everybody calls me Freddy though, do you prefer Richard or Rich or something?" Freddy questioned, "I prefer Richard, thanks." Freddy waved bye and entered his room, Richard thought it'd be best to do the same. Opening the door, Richard took notice of all the items in his room.

There was a small bed in the centre of the room with smoothed sheets and a dresser in the corner. His suitcases had already been delivered to his room. He saw a door next to the dresser and stepped through it, into his bathroom. Richard saw the mirror and decided to look how awful he looked. It had been a three hour drive here and he assumed the worst.

He saw his usually smooth brown hair was now messed, and his hazel eyes were tired and red from the bus ride. He took notice of the shower next to the mirrow and decided to take advantage of it. He took a warm shower, peeling off his clothes, and turned on the knob saying 'Hot' in the shower. Stepping in, he felt his aching body feel lighter, and refreshed. Afterwards, he dried himself off and searched through his suitcases for a new pair of clothes. He put the grey hooded top and black jeans on, and almost instantly fell onto his bed, overcome with tiredness.

Chapter Two: Alexis and her friends.

Richard was woken up by the was knocking at his door, he checked the clock on the dresser. "6:48 PM" it read, Richard stirred, still tired. He answered the door and found Freddy beaming back at him, until he saw Richard's tiredness. "Oh gosh, I didn't wake you, did I?" Freddy asked, slightly embarrassed at waking his neighbor up. "Kind of, but don't worry. I needed to wake up sometime anyway." Richard replied, trying to make the best out of the situation. Freddy realized this and let out a sigh of thanks, "Did you want to head to the General room?" Freddy questioned, "I guess so, I don't have anything else to do."

They'd been wandering the school for the last fifteen minutes, trying to find the General room. "I'm sorry about this." Freddy apologized for the awkward situation. Richard looked at Freddy and smiled, "No problems."
    "So, where are you from?" Richard asked. "California, how about you, where are you from?" Freddy replied. "Well I'm actually not from America, I'm from Australia." Richard chuckled. "Oh, that's cool." Freddy commented, with a tone of curiosity which intrigued Richard. They turned a corner and finally found the General room, a dozen or do students were already busy, chatting and trying to meet new friends. "Oh, sorry I forget to ask but, what's your power?" Freddy questioned, with excitement on his face. "I have a healing factor and enhanced strength. And I can absorb energy and convert it to more strength." Freddy almost screamed with job, "That's so cool! I control time and can see the future." Richard nodded, "Your power is also interesting." He admitted.

The excited black haired girl from attendance walked over to them, Richard recognized her as Alexis Garcia, "Hi" she said, and waved frantically at them. "Hey." They both responded. "You're Alexis right?" "Yep, and you're Richard and Frederick." She giggled. "Oh, follow me, I want to introduce you to some people." She grabbed Richard's hand, and practically ran through the crowd of students.

Alexis lead Richard and Freddy to a boy wearing glasses and another with freckles across his face. "Hey Robert, Thomas, this is Richard and Freddy." They nodded in acknowledgment. "Richard can heal and has super strength." She said "Oh and he can turn energy into even more strength!" "Nice, can you control it?" asked the boy wearing glasses. "Yep, I'm in total control of my powers." Replied Richard shyly. "Robert here can change his size; he can make himself 7 meters tall and 7 centimeters short." "Yeah, but I'm trying to learn to use my powers better in combat." Said the glasses wearing boy which Richard know realized was Robert. The other boy piped in, "And I increase others powers. But not my own" And that was Thomas.

Chapter Three: Curious Love.

After Richard, Freddy, Alexis, Thomas and Robert had finished meeting and discussing their powers they decided to go back to their rooms. Walking back, Freddy stopped and asked "Hey, do you think Alexis is hot?" Richard turned to look at Freddy's face, and saw a glimmer of sadness hidden behind his eyes. "Not really. Why?" Freddy shuffled his feet, "J-just wondering I guess." Richard wondered why he was so nervous but thought it best not to ask. "Did you want to come to my room?" asked Freddy. "Okay"

They stood in front of their parallel rooms, but only faced Freddy's. He was room 29. Freddy opened the door and allowed Richard to enter first. Freddy closed the door behind them and Richard sat down on his bed. Freddy walked into his bathroom while Richard checked the clock quickly, 9:32 PM. He was surprised that they'd been talking to Alexis and the others for nearly three hours.

Freddy returned from the bathroom, having changed clothes and freshened up. "H-hey Richard?" "Hmm Freds?" and before Richard could realize what was happening, Freddy was next to Richard. "How'd you get there so fast?" Richard asked, slightly freaked out. "My powers. Remember." Freddy smiled and turned away from Richard. Richard picked up on this and placed his hand on Freddy's leg, "What's wrong?" he asked sincerely. Richard inched a tiny bit closer, and saw a tear roll down the other boy's face. "Freddy. Freddy! What's wrong?" he said, beginning to panic. "I barely know you." Said Freddy honestly, "yet I want you to hold me." Startled, Richard took his hand off Freddy's leg. "Oh, I…" Richard didn't know what to say, he had never been liked by anyone as more than a friend. Before he could react, Freddy kissed Richard. Freddy pushed Richard back onto the bed, and pushed his tongue into Richard's mouth with a fiery passion. Richard gave in, it didn't feel wrong, he actually didn't mind that his only friend at the school was kissing him. Strange.

Richard pushed Freddy off him. Hurt, Freddy ran to the bathroom and Richard could hear sobbing. Richard placed his fingers to his lips. As if to feel the boy's lips still pressed against his own. Richard realized Freddy was still in tears, and hurried to his side. Kneeling down, Richard pressed his hands to Freddy's face, to wipe away the tears. Freddy stopped crying and rested his head against Richard's chest.

He wasn't gay, but he'd offer Freddy all the support he could need.

Chapter Four: Speed and The Paladin.

Richard had managed to sneak out of Freddy's room while he was sleeping. Hopefully he'd have some time to figure out how to tell Freddy he wasn't interested. He saw on his door a piece of paper stuck with sticky tape. "Class list." It read. Richard picked it up and read through it, he saw he was taking interesting classes like, Leadership, Tactics, Power Use and Combat Training. And according to his schedule he had Power Use in eight minutes in the Gym.

Richard sprinted through the school, trying to find the gym, wherever it was. He turned a corner and saw two huge wooden doors. It must be there Richard though.

He pushed open the doors and saw a group of students huddled around what looked to be a teacher. Richard rushed over to join them and saw Alexis in the crowd. "Hi!" she screeched as she jumped on Richard to hug him. "I guess we have Power Use together." She nodded with job, "Yup!" Richard stopped and realized he didn't know what Alexis' power was. "Oh, Alexis what's your powers, I forgot to ask earlier sorry." She gave a small giggle, "Poison emission." Richard took a step back, shocked that such a destructive power could belong to such a happy and pleasant girl. Alexis picked up on this "Don't worry, I'm not evil or anything." As she made a silly evil face. "People assume because my powers are black magic related, that I'm a witch or something. But I'm not."

A man with medium length blonde hair clapped his hands, to get everybody's attention. "Hello, my name is Mr. Gains, but in combat, I'm Speed." Alexis grasped Richard's hand. "This is Power Use, here you will learn to use your powers in a combat situation and learn to control them better." Mr. Gains took a step forward. "Everybody get in groups of three and tell each other your powers please." Again, he clapped his hands.

Alexis singled out a boy across the room with fierce red hair, he must dye it. Alexis sprinted over to him, "Hi, group with us?" she asked as Richard caught up to her. "Sure. I'm Jonas, and you two are?" he asked. "Alexis and Richard." Jonas nodded. "So what are you powers Jonas?" Richard asked, "I'm a mage of sorts, I only use neutral magic, like teleportation disks, force fields, flight and precognition."

Alexis' jaw dropped, "Oh that's freaking cool!" she shouted. "I emit poison and he can heal and converts energy to strength." "Nice." The conversation was interrupted by Mr. Gains, "Everybody, I forgot to mention, you will need a codename like mine." The trio turned back to each other, all thinking deeply. "I'm Sage, it's a magician of sorts." Alexis nodded, seeing the relevance. "I suppose I'll go with Venom. Suits my powers." Jonas and Alexis turned to face Richard, still deep in though, "Richard, what will your code name be?"

"Paladin. My codename is Paladin." Alexis scrunched up her face, "Why? I thought Paladins were light manipulators." "Some are, but others are normal soldiers which fight for justice." "Ah." Alexis nodded, seeing the connection.

Speed went around the room, asking everybody for their codename. The students replied one by one, "Hydra Lad.", "Masque.", "Whiplash." He pointed at Richard, "Yours?" "Paladin." Speed smiled, he obviously liked it. "Paladin, nice."

Chapter Five: Roast Potatoes.

Freddy, Robert and Richard were sitting in the dining room. "What was your first class?" asked Freddy. "Power Use with Speed." "Who is Speed?" questioned Robert, adjusting his glasses. "Oh, Mr. Gains sorry. We have to use codenames in Power Use and Combat Training." "What'd you pick?" Freddy said. "Paladin." Freddy gave a huge smile and Robert gave Richard a thumbs up. Richard wondered why Freddy was being so nice. Hadn't Richard walked out on Freddy when he exposed his secrets to him?

"Sorry, what were your first class guys?" "I had Tactics with Ms. Mortez" said Robert, "Leadership with Truvale." Sighed Freddy, "Don't like it?" "I'm not a leader, I follow more so. And why do we even need to learn leadership?" The other boys shrugged.

Alexis and Jonas joined their table. Alexis stabbed a roast potato with her fork, "So, is anybody else excited?" she quizzed. "Excited about what?" She gave a strange look, "You don't know? They're splitting us up into squads, so the teachers can guide us in smaller groups." The group all looked shocked, Jonas was the first to answer "So, how do you even know about this?" she gave him a smirk "I overheard Mortez talking to Gains about it."

Everybody ate their dinners, silent and trivially scared at being split up. They waved each other goodnight as they headed off to their rooms. Richard instantly fell asleep. He hoped that he could have some of his friends with him on his future squad.

Last edited:
    Back