• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GBA color Gen 1 sprites

Virtual_Porygon

Cooltrainer
Years
I'm working on a rom hack of Fire Red and I'm wondering if these sprites look like anything good? It is my first time as a rom hacker so feedback would be appreciated.

GPYVO0k.png

JDW2XZf.png

1FQauKJ.png

1OOvMKJ.png

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
All the image links are broken on my end

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Confirming the images are visible!

First and right off the bat, try not to use a black background for your sprites. It's hard to distinguish what is supposed to be part of the outline and what is part of the background, making the sprites choppy and messy looking.

But more importantly, every one of your sprites save the third one (which appears overly simplistic in comparison) have a lot of unnecessary pixel noise and misplaced color, which makes me wonder what methods you used to recolor these. In fact, they look like completely different people made them! Mind sharing how you went about actually coloring these and where you got your base sprites? If we knew more about your technique we could help get these sprites in order.

Back