• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Oregon Version (WIP Title)

What should I name the game?

• Total voters
Years
  • Introduction:
    Hello, I know I've tried this before and it went nowhere, but I'm back and have a renewed vision for the game!

Reasoning behind my project:
    I started this project because I've seen so many good fangames, as well as the official games, but have never seen one take place in my home state of Oregon, which actually has all of the biomes where one could find any type of Pokemon, such as the High Desert in Central/Eastern Oregon, the Willamette Valley, the Cascade Mountains, and the Oregon Coast. I thought to myself, "Why don't I make a Pokemon fangame in my home state?" and thus this project was born!

Features:
    1. Able to capture all 807 Pokemon plus Alola Forms!
    2. New Region
    3. Customizable Villa
    4. Shiny Eevee as your starter

Story:
    You are a jobless young adult living with your parents and siblings. You also have Asperger's Syndrome and are a huge Pokemon fan and have been since the early 2000's when Gold and Silver first came out, of course you had go find employment in your hometown of Albany, Oregon. Though on the way you somehow find a Ultra Wormhole and go straight to the Pokemon version of your home, and at that point you see two Team Rocket grunts trying to capture a shiny Eevee due to the rarity of Shiny Pokemon in general so you step in to defend it and end up battling the two grunts using said Eevee, which then becomes your starter, and from there you realize that you can now become a Pokemon Trainer and with the Eevee at your side you decide to go and assemble the strongest team of Pokemon available to you.

Characters:

You:
    The Player, of course you're either a boy or a girl, and the default name is Alex.

Gym Leaders (So far):
    Vince:
    He's a kindly schoolteacher who helps young people with Asperger's Syndrome develop their Social Skills and help them become good friends with their Pokemon. He has no type specialization and hands out the Social Badge to trainers who defeat him and his multi-type team.

Kenny:
    Based on my real-life brother who was killed in a car accident. He is full of energy and very active. He also cares for his family and his friends. He has no type specialty as well, but he does have both a Z-Power Ring (I call it a bracelet) and a Keystone. He hands out the Life Badge to those who defeat him.

The Elite Four (So far):
    Miranda:
    She likes to set things on fire yet is dark and broody as well, and as such she specializes in Fire and Dark types and has both the Keystone, and the Z-Power Ring. Her signature Pokemon is an Incineroar.

Bubba:
    He's originally from the Alola Region, but moved to Oregon due to the problem with Team Skull and the Ultra Beasts, and has since worked his way into the Elite Four and specializes in using the Alola Forms of Pokemon.

The Burns-Oeder Family Challenge:
    This family are the most powerful trainers in the region even more so than the Elite Four and the Champion, and so they train and wait for worthy challengers on the summit of Mount Hood the last notable trainer to try and challenge this family was the Legendary Trainer Red.

Bishop:
    He's an energetic young athlete who despite the freezing temperatures of the mountain he trains on wears only extremely short running shorts. He is capable of both Mega Evolution and using a Z-move. Also no one knows where he keeps his Pokeballs...and frankly I don't want to know either.

Eric:
    He is an intelligent middle-aged man who specializes in mostly Rock, Steel, Electric, and Ground types. He does have a very special Porygon-Z which he hacked to give it the ability Protean. He too is capable of both Mega Evolution, and using a Z-move.

Sara and Noel:
    This mother/daughter tag team is the only tag battle you'll face in this challenge, but be warned that they are able to use one Mega Evolution and one Z-move each! Sara is a middle-aged woman, is married to Eric, who knows how to raise a child with Asperger's Syndrome though she appears to be kindly she is ruthless in battle especially since her five-year old daughter battles with her. Noel is a normal five-year old girl who tends to be too clingy to Sara or Eric, though that's not entirely their fault as when she was younger Sara and Eric had to keep her close due to excessive throw-up and so they had to keep her from suffocating at night.

Alexandre:
    He is the strongest of the family and isn't afraid to use any Legendaries he may have on his team. He will pick some moves that are good at destroying the weaknesses of his Pokemon's type (for example he'll equip a Mewtwo with one Ghost-type move, one Fighting-Type move, and one Fire-type move as well as a Psychic-Type move.)
    He is extremely ruthless in battle and will do anything in his power to wreck his opponents. He does have the capability to both Mega Evolve and to use a Z-move.

Joining the team:
    If you wish to help with the project then first you need to have the latest version of Unity, and a good knowledge of scripting, mapping, and making Sprites. If you have these then please either DM me or Email me at [email protected].

Attachments

• Gym Leader Vince.png
      Gym Leader Vince.png
      2.9 KB · Views: 45
    • Player Sprite Female Day 1.png
      Player Sprite Female Day 1.png
      1.7 KB · Views: 29
    • Player Sprite Male Day 1.png
      Player Sprite Male Day 1.png
      2.5 KB · Views: 32
    Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I like the concept but seeing a game taking place in a larger portion of the real world USA was something I kinda hoped for. Theres even a video on youtube talking about something similar. But Oregon is a good first step I suppose.

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2019
    So, this sound great, but I've a few bug bares, but it's just personal ones.

1. 807 Pokémon?
    I know what have over 800 pokémon now, but do you NEED to have all of them? Are you really going to overcrowd your region with every legendary under the sun. Or, have every legendary as a mystery gift. How will every starter be recieved? Wild? Gifts?

More Quantity doesn't necessarily mean more Quality.

2. Aspergers.

I've nothing against those with Asperger's Syndrome, but is there any reason for you to state the character is Asperger's?
    Like, will it affect how the character acts in certain situations? Will it have some overall bearing to the plot? Is this some awareness thing?

It's cool if it is, I just feel it's a silly thing to add, if it's just to have it in there.

Years
  • So, this sound great, but I've a few bug bares, but it's just personal ones.

1. 807 Pokémon?
    I know what have over 800 pokémon now, but do you NEED to have all of them? Are you really going to overcrowd your region with every legendary under the sun. Or, have every legendary as a mystery gift. How will every starter be recieved? Wild? Gifts?

More Quantity doesn't necessarily mean more Quality.

2. Aspergers.

I've nothing against those with Asperger's Syndrome, but is there any reason for you to state the character is Asperger's?
    Like, will it affect how the character acts in certain situations? Will it have some overall bearing to the plot? Is this some awareness thing?

It's cool if it is, I just feel it's a silly thing to add, if it's just to have it in there.

As for the Asperger's Syndrome part of it yes it is to raise awareness for it as I myself have it, and as for your first question every Pokemon will be available in the wild, with the Mythical Legendaries, having their own unique homes within the game, and as for how to get to those places well, that's a mystery.

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2019
    As for the Asperger's Syndrome part of it yes it is to raise awareness for it as I myself have it, and as for your first question every Pokemon will be available in the wild, with the Mythical Legendaries, having their own unique homes within the game, and as for how to get to those places well, that's a mystery.

How will you implement it into the game though?
    Is it going to bare fruits onto the main plot?

Years
  • How will you implement it into the game though?
    Is it going to bare fruits onto the main plot?

Yes it will as it's part of the regional professor's research involving Hidden Abilities and how the two are related.

Also on another note, if you vote on the name change and you click other, please for the love of all that's holy put your suggestion in the replies! That's a little PSA from me.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Thats a cool trick with the aspergers thing, tying it to hidden abilities is actually pretty clever.

But on the fact you have all 807 pokemon in the game, that seems very very unlikely to achieve for one state out of the entire USA. Oregon may be a decent-sized landmass, but many pokemon dont fit anywhere in Oregon's set of climates. There sure arent any swamps in Oregon if I recall correctly, and while the type of forests oregon has can in some ways make up for there being no tropical locations on the matter of Alola's pokemon and some others from other regions, that is a necessary requirement.

Bottom line is I would recommend paring down the pokedex listing you have. I think between 200 may be enough for Oregon. For a full 807 pokedex then you would need to consider expanding the scope to a 8 gym circuit across all 50 states or maybe 50 badges with one for each state, or only venture to a few of each state for the sake of file size. I say this because Hawaii would be a requirement for the Alola pokemon to be remotely logical.

Years
  • Thats a cool trick with the aspergers thing, tying it to hidden abilities is actually pretty clever.

But on the fact you have all 807 pokemon in the game, that seems very very unlikely to achieve for one state out of the entire USA. Oregon may be a decent-sized landmass, but many pokemon dont fit anywhere in Oregon's set of climates. There sure arent any swamps in Oregon if I recall correctly, and while the type of forests oregon has can in some ways make up for there being no tropical locations on the matter of Alola's pokemon and some others from other regions, that is a necessary requirement.

Bottom line is I would recommend paring down the pokedex listing you have. I think between 200 may be enough for Oregon. For a full 807 pokedex then you would need to consider expanding the scope to a 8 gym circuit across all 50 states or maybe 50 badges with one for each state, or only venture to a few of each state for the sake of file size. I say this because Hawaii would be a requirement for the Alola pokemon to be remotely logical.

I actually have considered this and have put Alola as a region you can travel to once you reach Newport which is where you can find a boat that will take you there once you have Newport's badge. As for the other thing you mentioned, if I decided to go that route I would need a lot of help and need to actually find people with Unity, and who live in or have knowledge of the layouts of all of our states. I'd also include Puerto Rico because of it's tropical climate and as the Battle Frontier, and DC would where the Pokemon League would be. Also I would consider doing this so as long as there are people willing to support such a massive undertaking.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I wanted to be sure, I good to hear Alola's taken into consideration. And yeah I know the concept I hinted at would have been difficult, I didnt think that would be possible to be fair, I only mentioned it off hand due to the circumstances.

Years
  • Here are some more sprites for the game. Remember that I am still looking for a development team to help out with the game's overall progress. If you're interested in doing so please DM me here or send me an email at [email protected].

Attachments

• Elite 5 members Sara and Noel Sprite.png
      Elite 5 members Sara and Noel Sprite.png
      2.4 KB · Views: 7
    • Elite 5 member Eric Sprite.png
      Elite 5 member Eric Sprite.png
      2.1 KB · Views: 5
    • OW Champion Alexandre Sprite.png
      OW Champion Alexandre Sprite.png
      3.6 KB · Views: 6
    • OW Player Sprite Female Day 1.png
      OW Player Sprite Female Day 1.png
      3.4 KB · Views: 6
    • OW Player Sprite Male Day 1.png
      OW Player Sprite Male Day 1.png
      3.8 KB · Views: 4
    • Player Sprite Male.png
      Player Sprite Male.png
      4.6 KB · Views: 3

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I wish I knew something about game design I would help if I did. Best I can do is offer some concepts from time to time as a creative consultant. I did go to college for graphic design work once but I dont have photoshop today thus my editing skills are shaky at best now I fear. As such I dunno if I could make decent enough custom sprites either.

Something that readily comes to mind though is there should be a village/town which is a native american reservation. Oregon after all has the Malheur Wildlife Refuge which is also where a number of precious native american artifacts had been found. I could envision the park being a safari zone and having archaeological and paleontological importance.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I wish I knew something about game design I would help if I did. Best I can do is offer some concepts from time to time as a creative consultant. I did go to college for graphic design work once but I dont have photoshop today thus my editing skills are shaky at best now I fear. As such I dunno if I could make decent enough custom sprites either.

Something that readily comes to mind though is there should be a village/town which is a native american reservation. Oregon after all has the Malheur Wildlife Refuge which is also where a number of precious native american artifacts had been found. I could envision the park being a safari zone and having archaeological and paleontological importance.

You don't really need to have photoshop to help with sprites as I use MS Paint for my sprititng so you can do that and use that and also the version of Unity I use is absolutely free to use and experiment with. I am just gonna throw that out there for you. Also that's a great idea that I will use. I was also thinking about having more than one Safari Zone one for each biome in Oregon. The reservation is a grand idea and I'll have an E4 member that is a Native American for both diversity and have him/her be an archaeologist in the Malheur Wildlife Refuge recovering the artifacts to preserve.

Back