• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Rival Overworld Sprite Problem

Years
  • Seen today
Hi all,

In Overworld Manager I changed the overworld sprite and palette of the Rival, in game the sprite is correctly displayed. (See png)
Rival Overworld Sprite Problem.png

In the introduction however, the old sprite is still present. (see Gif)
Rival Overworld Sprite Problem.gif

How can I fix this?

Bladecraft

It's written "Bladecraft" on my forehead.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
They aren't the same sprite. For some reason these are two different sprites. Simply look for another Rival sprite in OW Editor and change it too.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
They're different images for some reason. Here are the offsets for the rival in the intro naming screen.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 21, 2023
They're different images for some reason. Here are the offsets for the rival in the intro naming screen.

All right... how do I use the information you provided to change the overworld sprites of our rival then? During the intro, I mean.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
The one for the Intro sequence is at offset 0x03E1980 with Palette 0x0E98004. You should be able to use NSE 2.X to Navigate to it and edit it

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 21, 2023
The one for the Intro sequence is at offset 0x03E1980 with Palette 0x0E98004. You should be able to use NSE 2.X to Navigate to it and edit it

Thanks. I figured that NSE 1.7 could do the trick... I also tried on 2.1beta but didn't even show the sprites lol. Solved, thanks :)

Back