• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Dream Radar

PerfectKyurem

NEED TEPIG!!!!
Years
  • Hi. PerfectKyurem here. I need help with Pokemon Dream Radar. I got it a few days ago on my 3DS XL, but I am having trouble catching Pokemon for my W2 game (Just started it, so I am hopefully getting legends at Lvl 5 does anyone have any advice for telling me how to get through Dream Radar? If so, can you plz help me? It would really be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
  • Hi. PerfectKyurem here. I need help with Pokemon Dream Radar. I got it a few days ago on my 3DS XL, but I am having trouble catching Pokemon for my W2 game (Just started it, so I am hopefully getting legends at Lvl 5 does anyone have any advice for telling me how to get through Dream Radar? If so, can you plz help me? It would really be appreciated. Thanks.

what sort of issues are you having with it?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    It is just a matter of practice. I downloaded the game after reading your thread, so I only started playing through Dream Radar a few hours ago. But I found that it does get easier the more I play through it.

Another tip I found is to make sure that you have enough room to move around to chase the Pokemon. There was a noticeable difference in how easy it was to capture a Pokemon when I was leaning back in my chair away from my desk compared to leaning forward over my desk.

It also doesn't take that much time to earn enough Dream Orbs to upgrade anything. I upgraded the Scope first so I could get more Dream Clouds each time, and that helped me get the Orbs faster for other upgrades. Getting more Orbs will also help you buy the Charges that help when catching Pokemon (though I haven't used those, so I can't personally say how helpful they might be).

Mostly though, practice is what you need to do. Trying to catch more Pokemon and Orbs will help you get used to how to hold the 3DS and swing it around while mashing the A button.

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
  • Well, the Pokemon are really hard to catch, and they keep avoiding my beam. Do you think I just need to practice?

yeah as astinus said, practice and enough space, also watch out for the really small orbs cuz they're little s**** cuz they're a small target to aim at and move around really fast XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I second Astinus' point on having enough room. Like, the #1 thing to do is to make sure you have lots of space. Spinning around doesn't necessarily work, so try it on your bed - you can generally move quickly and won't lose sight of where any of the orbs are whereas if you were standing that would be a lot harder because you can easily lose where everything is. The game IS hard but the more you play it does get easier :)

I've gotten almost all the legendaries so I've played it a LOT but it does get better don't worry!

Back