• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Help with Black team

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 29, 2019
Hey, so I'm doing this Black play through with Tepig as my starter. I've just beaten the 5th gym leader, Clay, and I'm having issues with determining what team I should use. These are the 4 teams I'm stuck deciding on:

Team 1 (Current one): Emboar, Gothitelle, Seismitoad, Simisage, Archeops, Stoutland
Team 2: Emboar, Galvantula, Excadrill, Seismitoad, Archeops, Sawsbuck
Team 3: Emboar, Beartic, Stoutland, Gothitelle, Simisage, Archeops
Team 4: Emboar, Beartic, Sawsbuck, Galvantula, Seismitoad, Archeops

I know it comes down to the individual when deciding their teams, but there are so many fun Pokemon to utilize in Black/White, and I'm at the point where I'm stuck with the Pokemon team. Any suggestions for what team I should do?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Sorry you didn't receive too many responses!! Howeverrrr,

This depends entirely on you, but let's lay it out. You'll need:

- Skyla is fairly weak so I wouldn't worry about her much. Any of the teams should be fine (but probably 1, 2, 3).
- Something to take on ice-types (Emboar is perfect, so 1, 2, 3 or 4 is fine.)
- Something to take on dragon-types (Or at least withstand them - so that leaves you with 2, 3, 4)
- Something to take on fighting, psychic, dark and ghost types (Emboar can fix up dark, Archeops and Gothitelle are needed to take on fighting - so I'd go with number #3. Psychic just needs strong Pokemon and Stoutland can do that with CB, although I'd maybe swap Simisage out Ghost just needs something fast so Archeops is fairly fine.)

....soooooooo...

To cover you for all the upcoming gyms and the E4 I'd go with team Number 3 BUT with the addition of Chandelure > Simisage. Everything else will be useful against something, and Chandelure will really help you breeze through the ghost and psychic opponents. That and Alder is pretty weak to fire-types so it doesn't hurt adding more. It'll also help you with Brycen too.

Back