• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Worldbuilding] Help Wanted!(Pokemon: Primrose)

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2020
    We're all very familiar with Pokemon's recipe that is being used again and again in their games and shows.
    That 'recipe' is a the main character crossing the region, collecting badges, defeating the evil organization and becoming the champion.
    We've seen it all before.

I want to see something else. I want to see the Pokemon world in the eyes of someone that isn't a trainer.

And so I had this brilliant idea of a recipe to deliver just that.

A week ago I found an old notebook of mine about a story set in the Pokemon world I've written a few years ago.

I read it. It was great and I liked the concept, I've rewritten some stuff and I'm planning to make a story about it.

I want to know what you guys think about it.

There are four human main characters.
    Two of them came from our world. Yes, OUR world. The world where pokemon don't exist.

The two of them are on a plane together, passing the bermuda triangle, when a savage storm tortured the plane, making it crash down into the sea.
    They were the only ones the sea gave mercy to, they survived but lost all their memories including who they are and the world they came from.

One of them washed ashore on Arellus ( the pokemon region this took place ) and was found by an elderly couple. They took care of faer ( the character is non-binary and uses fae/faer pronouns ) and helped faer as much as they can.

They named faer 'Eight'. Because of the few days after they found faer, fae keep muttering about the number 'eight'.

The other one was found by the helicopter of a rich couple. The rich couple didn't have a child of their own and so, seeing her, they were so protective and caring that they made sure that she is being treated like a princess. They named her 'Gabriel'

For reasons that I haven't thought about yet, Eight left Ladyflower ( the town near the beach fae was found ) and Gabriel left town-that-I-have-not-named-yet.

They met along the way and found themselves drawn to each other. There's this feeling that they are each other's key in unlocking their lost memories.

The two became friends and proposed to venture the region together but neither of them wanted to become the Pokemon Champion. Instead they wanted to help pokemon and people alike, so they started an organization.

The Primrose Crèche

It's like a hybrid between a hotel, daycare, breeder, pokemon center.
    Their symbol is a rose and their goal is to help pokemon and people.
    Not only that, they can be hired to fulfill missions and tasks like taming an aggressive typhlosion, getting a meowth out of a tree, driving away pesky zubats, clearing a path through a carnivine-filled jungle and etc.

Although, not everything is so easy, neither Eight and Gabriel know much about the world of pokemon. They need a guide.

This is where the third main character shows up. Michael.
    He's a con artist, someone who would do anything for fame and money. When you grew up from the streets, you'll know a lot of things.
    He tries to sell a 'rare' and 'powerful' and 'mystical' pokemon ( magikarp ) to Eight and Gabriel but the two hired him instead.

The fourth main character is Stolas, the mayor's genius son. All his life, he's forced to follow the same routine everyday so when he heard about a small organization making BIG news, he was interested, he never heard or saw something like that before. He immediately convinced his mother to sponsor them and he started helping them too. Eight, Gabriel and Michael accepted him as part of their team and as their friend.

Follow these four idiots and their idiotic companions as they try to keep the Primrose Crèche from falling apart.

What can you guys say 'bout it?

I have to be honest, I can't do this alone. I need YOUR help.

There are some plot holes left and maybe you guys can help fill it out.
    If you have any concepts, ideas, suggestions ,opinions, comments, feel free to tell me and together we can craft an amazing story that'll make Game Freak say 'I should've thought of that'

Bay

Years
  • Hiya! So I somehow missed this post, so I apologize for the late response. While skim reading this, to be host the concept of trainers coming from our world to the Pokemon world and trying to find their memories has been done loads already, but as long as your ideas and writing are decent and you have the drive go for it! At the moment I'm unable to sit down to nitpick the more plotty details but perhaps some other time if no one else beats me to it!

Back