• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Reasons Lugia > Ho-Oh

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2018
    You asked for it, Ho-oh fans. You're getting it!

1. Lugia isn't 4x weak to SR like Ho-oh.
    2. Lugia is the master of three majestic birds unlike Ho-oh who only bosses three derpy dogs around.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest123_x1

Lugia is so majestic, it's a key part to the story in Pok?mon The Movie 2000, to quell the fighting among the Titans of Fire, Ice, and Lightning.

Oh, and Aeroblast is quite a move to use in a battle!

:x

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I guess Lugia reminds me of Luigi... and there's no references to the Mario games in Ho-Oh's name, so I GUESS it loses out there.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2020
    Luigia is better it we take in account the moveset, while if we talk about design there is no match . . . .

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2018
    You asked for it, Ho-oh fans. You're getting it!

1. Lugia isn't 4x weak to SR like Ho-oh.
    2. Lugia is the master of three majestic birds unlike Ho-oh who only bosses three derpy dogs around.

Admittedly, Ho-Oh is a better Pokemon offensively, because he has more strengths and better attacking stats.

However, Lugia is a better defensive Pokemon because he lacks any double weaknesses.

Back