• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Encounters

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2017
    It seems to me the encounter rate in X and Y is ridiculously high compared to other games? I only bought Y earlier today, and have noticed that I'm running in to a load of Pokemon and a strange number of them are female... This doesn't feel like it's happened before, what's changed this gen?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    That's definitely one of the changes; our encounter rate. I personally wish they had not done this, though; it's troublesome.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It seems to me the encounter rate in X and Y is ridiculously high compared to other games? I only bought Y earlier today, and have noticed that I'm running in to a load of Pokemon and a strange number of them are female... This doesn't feel like it's happened before, what's changed this gen?

That's definitely one of the changes; our encounter rate. I personally wish they had not done this, though; it's troublesome.

I thought these were simply pre-XY days rumors! Lol

Here's a way to counter it:
    - Repels, place your highest level Pokemon on top of your Pokemon party list.
    - Place a Pokemon with the Intimidate Ability on top of your Pokemon party list, as it cuts down the encounter rate, then there's also Cleanse Tag a hold item. Iirc, the effects stack up! (:

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2016
    Thank you sun, for that it helped me as well on a problem I was having

Back