• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New-bee

BugTypeAficionado

Bug types are so hi-technicaaaal!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
Get it? Newbie, "new" and "bee", like the insect? Yeah, you get it. I can always appreciate those who like bad puns.

Cough, anyways. Hi there. First time poster, long time browser. If the punny thread title and username weren't blatant enough, I like Bug types. A lot. Bug types are really cool. Which is why it sucks that a decent chunk of Bug types...suck. But I still love 'em. Maybe I'm just a bit of an insect freak.

While my first game was FireRed, the first game that I really grew an attachment to was Black/White, and I've been adamantly following the series since around the beginning of Gen 5, if I remember correctly. Love to do challenge runs now and then, so you might see me frequenting that area of the forums.

Besides that, I also like to RP. While I'm no master, I like to think I'm pretty good at it. I also do Fakemon stuff in my spare time, stuffing random nonsense into a folder hidden in the deep recluses of my computer. Might post stuff from that somewhere around here if it ever develops into something, but it's personally nothing to write home about.

And, yeah, I think that sums it up. May the Silver Wind guide y-...no, that sounds cheesy. Um...

Sleep tight, don't let the Paras Bug Bite...?

Insert cheesy Bug-type oriented pun parting here.

Years
Ah haha nice bug puns...Welcome to the PokeCommunity! Hey, Bug types may have been weaker in the past, but now there are better bug types Pokemon/moves, especially with the megas! What bug type is your favourite? Challenges are also pretty fun to do, and we do have a Challenges section to record your progress/look for new challenges. What kind of challenges do you like? Feel free to leave me a VM if you ever need anything/would like chat. Have fun buddy! ^_^

BugTypeAficionado

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
post condensed because i can't have links in my posts yet, sorry

Thanks! And yes, I do agree, there are some stronger bugs out there today (with Gen 5 and 7 supplying us with a large array of crawling critters to use effectively). Favorite Bug type would have to be Leavanny, as it used to almost always find its way onto my teams in Gen 5. I'm a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to challenges pretty much, and I submitted my own challenge not too long ago, so maybe that'll be around soon for people to try.

Years
Thanks! And yes, I do agree, there are some stronger bugs out there today (with Gen 5 and 7 supplying us with a large array of crawling critters to use effectively). Favorite Bug type would have to be Leavanny, as it used to almost always find its way onto my teams in Gen 5. I'm a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to challenges pretty much, and I submitted my own challenge not too long ago, so maybe that'll be around soon for people to try.

I remember using Leavanny in a grass White mono run a few years ago, it was pretty useful in some situations by stocking up Sword Dances. Hmm, I might check out your challenge once it's approved! I haven't done a challenge run in a while and I've been a bit bored lately. Have you done any challenges recently?

Last edited:

BugTypeAficionado

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
I remember using Leavanny in a grass White mono run a few years ago, it was pretty useful in some situations by stocking up Sword Dances. Hmm, I might check out your challenge once it's approved! I haven't done a challenge run in a while and I've been a bit bored lately. Have you done any challenges recently?

I actually haven't done a challenge run in a while myself. Most recent I can remember was a Normal Monorun in FireRed, and that was months ago. Hopefully I can back on the ball with challenge runs while I'm here.

Years
Paras Bug Bite in my sleep.. please don't give me nightmares lol. That's actually horrifying!

Welcome to PC though, Bug. c= I'm very happy to hear you liked BW because I really did find those games awesome and they made me so much more involved with the fanbase as a whole. That was when I decided to post around Pokemon forums. Hope PC will be your cup of tea!

BugTypeAficionado

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
Paras Bug Bite in my sleep.. please don't give me nightmares lol. That's actually horrifying!

Welcome to PC though, Bug. c= I'm very happy to hear you liked BW because I really did find those games awesome and they made me so much more involved with the fanbase as a whole. That was when I decided to post around Pokemon forums. Hope PC will be your cup of tea!

I personally think a Bug Bite from a Joltik (or worse, a Galvantula!) would be more terrifying, especially if it ends up paralyzing you. Not trying to induce nightmares or anything, but you know.

Thank you, though. Black and White is definitely where my interest in the series elevated farther than it ever had before, and I'm glad it's stayed that way. From what I've seen so far, I think I'll definitely like this place.

Back