• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what of dp didn't work

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2017
    team rocket trio they started of in the series quite well of me but they started to get worse and worse with the rhyming to the stage where I wished they weren't in the show anymore outside of the odd focus episodes

Kenny I found he vary in his appearances from irritating to dull

Nando the idea of the character was somewhat interesting but they ruined it if his brief appearances

brock I still liked his character and their was some pretty good episodes on about much ash and dawn depend on him but he was neglected as character

torrterra I feel like they could have done more to show of it's strengths

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    DP started out okay at first, but after a while it went downhill really fast.

Team Rocket were ok at first but as time move on they became annoying and useless characters to the point that they should have been drop a long time ago after the OS.

Hunter J was a very pointless character that didn't add anything new to the show.

Paul character was bland boring and uninteresting rival, not as good as Gary oak was in the OS.

Nando could have used more screentime and character development.

Zoey poorly handled and barely gotten any good character development.

Kenny Boring and didn't get enough screentime.

Brock character has been on a decline since the AG series.

Ash was no longer the same interesting character that we knew from the OS.

Dawn had no personality and she was a really dull character.

Cyndaquil was really cool but then they ruin him by evovling him into Quilava, you just don't mess with the classics.

Team Galactic was okay, but they could have much better screen time and development.

yrmrku

Yer-Mur-Ku
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 8, 2017
    Dawn. Literally just Dawn alone killed it for me. It was the start of the anime attempting to clone previous companions and resulting in not only bitterness over the replacement, but more bland characters that couldn't live up to their original source.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • DP is really the only anime season I've watched. A few couple of things that went wrong were:

• Ash not evolving his Gible, not even to a Gabite. He may have stood a chance against Tobias if he had a Garchomp.
    • Tobias being OP as fuck, just ruined the excitement of the Sinnoh League completely as he wasn't even challenged. Plus how did he even get a Darkrai?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I did not used to like DP series, but after rewatching it years later, I think it was good, but for me, still not the best. I did not like Dawn originally, however, she had a large amount of character dev and I loved her relationship with Ash. But anyway, on topic.

There were far far far too many filler episodes. They did ok up until after the 5th Gym I think, but then it just it a stale mate. It being the longest saga on record for pokemon. It was really bad between the 6th and 8th gym where they were throwing filler after filler after filler in.

Team Rocket - By this point, I was just getting really tired of them being in the anime. In Sinnoh, they were probably their dumbest yet. Instead of getting smarter, they got dumber. Until Unova, which helped them out a lot.

Brock - Again, I think he was just forced in there. I love Brock, but he had no development until the very end where he suddenly wanted to become a doctor with no explanation. And the going crazy over every girl was just getting old and annoying.

Zoey - I love how the have a tom boy, but she didn't show up enough. Not to mention it annoyed me that they made her look like a boy because the way she acted.

Gible/Buizel - It really annoyed me that they didn't evolve. Gible should have at the very least evolved into Gabite. And Buizel should have evolved half way through the saga. It made it worse because they had already done the same thing to Corphish.

Tobias - Do I need to explain this? Even though they did the same thing in Kalos, it was far more reasonable and realistic.

Dawn beating May in the Wallace Cup - This just really annoyed me to a point where I almost quit watching Sinnoh again. It just really really really annoyed me.

Dawn finishing in the Top 2 - Honestly, Dawn had great development, but finishing in the Top 2 was a bit much.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I've only seen the first season and a few episodes from the next season of DP but since the thread will be too old when I finish I'll comment now. Personally I can't stand Paul and I don't really see why they put him in. There's been a few episodes where he was completely shoehorned in. There's also way too many episodes between gym battles or anything important happening. Hunter J and Team Gallactica don't do anything for me either, Team Magma and Aqua were much better.

I disagree with those who find Dawn a big problem with the series. I like her personally. She's less annoying and more interesting than May.

Back