• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Fan Game in Unity Engine

Years
  • Hi there! In an effort to learn C# and Unity, I've decided to take an idea I've had for a ROM hack for a long time, and turn it into a standalone Pokemon game: Pokemon Atlas!

Basic Storyline (Subject to change)

Spoiler:

Planned Features:

- Standalone EXE
    - All Pokemon
    - Physical/Special Split
    - Mega Evolutions
    - Semi Open World Sea
    - Difficulty Options
    - Don't know what else lol

As far as current development, as I've said, I'm new to unity and C#. That said, I have programming experience and have made basic games in other languages.
    Currently, I've got a simple map where the player can walk around and bump into houses. Not exactly too much progress.

If there are any resources for this type of project, I'd love to look into it more, and I'd also love to work with anybody interested in any aspect of this development. These are pretty rough plans that I
    laid out here, so feel free to leave any suggestions you've got.

Thanks!

Years
  • If you are talking about a 2D game in Unity, then I have slowly been working on a Unity framework for making fangames. Progress has been stale, but you are welcome to work on the project and use the framework in your game if you'd like. Just PM me

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2022
    If you are talking about a 2D game in Unity, then I have slowly been working on a Unity framework for making fangames. Progress has been stale, but you are welcome to work on the project and use the framework in your game if you'd like. Just PM me

Hey, I'm just wondering if your project is on Github? I'm fairly new to coding but might be able to help one day.

Years
  • Hey, I'm just wondering if your project is on Github? I'm fairly new to coding but might be able to help one day.

It's in a private gitlab for now, when I started this github actually didn't offer private repositories in the free tier lol
    Eventually it will be public, but I'd rather not until closer to release

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2022
    It's in a private gitlab for now, when I started this github actually didn't offer private repositories in the free tier lol
    Eventually it will be public, but I'd rather not until closer to release

Ah okay. That's completely understandable. Maybe one day I'd be able to check it out. Best of luck on everything :D I'm sure there's a lot of joy in learning how to reconstruct the world of Pokemon

Back