• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hack Checks on Pokemon Bank

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    Does anyone know anymore hacks does Pokemon Bank check for.

I know that hacked experience, pokeballs, egg steps, items used, forced shiny. Can go through.
    Already know that random wild encounters fail.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Does anyone know anymore hacks does Pokemon Bank check for.

I know that hacked experience, pokeballs, egg steps, items used, forced shiny. Can go through.
    Already know that random wild encounters fail.

As long as the PID matches with the IV, Shininess, Egg moves, etc. every Pokemon is allowed to pass. It simply checks if the values are a match or not. From what I know, PokeBank's check isn't even as tight as the old PokeCheck.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    As long as the PID matches with the IV, Shininess, Egg moves, etc. every Pokemon is allowed to pass. It simply checks if the values are a match or not. From what I know, PokeBank's check isn't even as tight as the old PokeCheck.

So I transferred a Gligar and the shininess was hacked and it passed.

What happens if someone transfers a shiny Reshiram or Zekrom?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    So I transferred a Gligar and the shininess was hacked and it passed.

What happens if someone transfers a shiny Reshiram or Zekrom?

That's because the Shiny Gligar matches the PID and stuff, as I said earlier. In other words, the checker believes it is legit due to matching hidden numbers and hidden data.

Since they are unreleased in Gen V games, you won't be able to upload the Shiny Tao Trio, regardless having a match numerical data with the checker or not. Try uploading them and see what will happen. XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    Yes, I'm going to test some other real legendaries that I hacked to be shiny and see if it can be transferred.

Back