• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Pokémon trainer/character creator?!

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2022
    I don't know a better title, but here's the scoop:
    I'm getting sword or shield (idk which, I honestly don't care much) for Christmas and idk if I should pick male or female.
    I want to know how I can make them look but just knowing all the possible options doesn't really make it easier to pick.
    Is there any way I can practically "create" my trainer without having to start the game, maybe an online creator that has all the option that the game has?
    Or will I have to create 2 save files/accounts to see what can look like what. I'm assuming that not all clothes/option will be available from the start either forcing me to finish the game twice before I know which one I'll pick for my actual main account.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I don't know a better title, but here's the scoop:
    I'm getting sword or shield (idk which, I honestly don't care much) for Christmas and idk if I should pick male or female.
    I want to know how I can make them look but just knowing all the possible options doesn't really make it easier to pick.
    Is there any way I can practically "create" my trainer without having to start the game, maybe an online creator that has all the option that the game has?
    Or will I have to create 2 save files/accounts to see what can look like what. I'm assuming that not all clothes/option will be available from the start either forcing me to finish the game twice before I know which one I'll pick for my actual main account.

I haven't found such a thing on the internet. The next best thing you can do is look at how each individual piece of clothing looks and decide based on that.
    Serebii has a complete (I think) list of all of the clothing options in the new games as well as where to buy them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2022
    I haven't found such a thing on the internet. The next best thing you can do is look at how each individual piece of clothing looks and decide based on that.
    Serebii has a complete (I think) list of all of the clothing options in the new games as well as where to buy them.

The females have better clothes in general, that's just the issue.
    They also have more options. But there's still something a bit off, which is why my doubt is there :(

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The females have better clothes in general, that's just the issue.
    They also have more options. But there's still something a bit off, which is why my doubt is there :(

Yeah, it is a bit disappointing that male characters have such fewer options compared to female characters.
    Well, if you don't mind playing a female character and want to customize as crazily as you want, picking Gloria, the female PC, is the way to go.

Back