• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2018 in Video Games

pkmin3033

How has video gaming been for you this year? What have been the highs and the lows? Anything - a title or an event - stand out to you as especially memorable? Any unexpected surprises? What has been your personal Game of the Year?

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • It's been pretty low all together this year... Every game that has come out seemingly drops off the face of the earth after a few weeks, nothing memorable that sticks. Even huge games like RDR2 and such seem to have fallen out of discussion.

Just... a lackluster year... And that's just with good games considered.

If I throw in bad games... Oh god...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I feel like while i got a lot of games I barely finished any? I got a Switch which was nice but the only games that I finished playing was Let's Go Pikachu and Breath of the Wild and the latter wasn't even a 2018 game. Hoping 2019 will be better in games if not maybe I'll actually go about beating more games this year at the very least.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Shadow Of The Tomb Raider was my favorite game. I couldn't stop playing it, which, to someone with ADHD, is quite the accomplishment. I literally didn't want to do anything else.

Years
  • I mean, 2018 wasn't a terrible year VG-wise for me. There's World of Final Fantasy Maxima, which is a great title for anyone who doesn't mind the chibi graphics and the Pokemon-esque mechanics of the game. Smash Bros Ultimate is obviously a highlight. And then there's Octopath Traveler which I've still yet to finish. >.>

Unfortunately, that's where things end because that's all I was ever really interested in this year.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Honestly I loved 2018. As a JRPG fan, I wouldn't say it was quite as good as 2017, which had Persona 5, NieR Automata, Xenoblade 2, and a few others, but this year did have a few good ones like Octopath and DQ11, And in terms of more niche titles, it was absolutely loaded with them.

This was also a great year for me personally, I got tons of games I wanted.
    Although I think 2019 is easily gonna beat this year

Back