• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Does anyone know N's height/weight? Or can anyone ball park it for me?

No one really knows, but let's do a little experiment. :3 A Rubik's Cube is 2.25 inches every direction. I took the cube and pasted it over and over again next to N, and it came out to around 16 of them. That means he's 36 inches tall! You're welcome.

But bad proportions aside, I would guess he's about 5'8-6'0 with a small frame, which would put him around 145-160. But then against, I could be way off.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
If you defeat Reshiram/Zekrom instead of capturing it the first time, can you soft reset for a nature when you fight it again? Or is the nature set the first time you fight it?

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2011
victini and fusion flare

Has anyone heard of victiny knowing fusion flare and fusion something

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years

No one really knows, but let's do a little experiment. :3 A Rubik's Cube is 2.25 inches every direction. I took the cube and pasted it over and over again next to N, and it came out to around 16 of them. That means he's 36 inches tall! You're welcome.

But bad proportions aside, I would guess he's about 5'8-6'0 with a small frame, which would put him around 145-160. But then against, I could be way off.

You're using the wrong proportion. The cube is tilted in the picture, so you need to tilt it back sideways. Then, when you line them up, you get about 23 cubes worth, equal to 51.75 inches, or 4.31 feet. Since N is also extremely bent in this picture, that pushes him up to around 5 feet tall (I did calcs, but I lost them). N's angle relative to the viewer also makes the picture skewed (he's tilted away from the y-axis), bumping him a few inches, maybe 1 to 3, over 5 feet. This isn't so bad, seeing how the playable trainer doesn't fall too far from that either (based on Pokedex stats).

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
Years
Everytime I try to trade with someone in wifi club, it freezes. It just says Communicating with (name)... and quits after a few minutes. I know the issue has been around for awhile, so does anyone know a quick solution? We've tried re-entering. Doesn't work. It has been working until I tried trading with this one person. I don't know if it is his connection or not, but it still doesn't seem right. Are the servers just full or what?

Years
hey i just played online in black. I had a fully trained Feraligatr with decent stats go up against a volcorona, it used overheat and OHKO'd my feraligatr as it went on to kill the rest of my team. Is this just good ev training or do you think it was a hacked pokemon?

Molts

Novice Breeder
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
hey i just played online in black. I had a fully trained Feraligatr with decent stats go up against a volcorona, it used overheat and OHKO'd my feraligatr as it went on to kill the rest of my team. Is this just good ev training or do you think it was a hacked pokemon?
Probably not, it was probably just EV'd/IV'd or your gator just didn't have enough ev's in special defense. Plus volcorona has really high spA STAB, and overheat has a very high base power to begin with.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

If your Special Defense is at the highest possible while EV trained in defense with a helpful nature, it will do 56-65 damage to him (assuming a perfect Volcarona with a helpful nature to Sp. Atk and EV trained in it, which is reasonable). However, in the opposite case with Feraligator having lowest possible Special Defense, it would do 103-121 damage. This is assuming it doesn't have something that would raise its damage as a held item, which I don't know from what you said.

Source

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years

If your Special Defense is at the highest possible while EV trained in defense with a helpful nature, it will do 56-65 damage to him (assuming a perfect Volcarona with a helpful nature to Sp. Atk and EV trained in it, which is reasonable). However, in the opposite case with Feraligator having lowest possible Special Defense, it would do 103-121 damage. This is assuming it doesn't have something that would raise its damage as a held item, which I don't know from what you said.

Source

I think you might have forgotten STAB.

Since this is Overheat, I'm assuming Choice Specs on Volcarona. This will do 228-269 damage with 252 EV, 31 IV, and +Nature on 0 EV, 31 IV, =Nature Feraligatr. Feraligatr with 0 EV, 31 IV, =Nature has 280 max HP. However, poor IVs can detract from this severely. If you have poor SpDEF IVs, then the damage is higher.

If the Volcarona does not have Choice Specs, it will do 153-180 damage to the same Feraligatr.

edit Sorry, I used bP 120 instead of bP 140. The damage will be higher than what I've listed.

Give us the exact stats (just HP and SpDEF) of your Feraligatr and this will be a lot clearer.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
Years
I'm a little bit confused about EV's. It says that for every 4 EV points you gain from battle, you gain one point in that stat at lvl 100. Does that mean if you earn 4 EV points (lets say defense) on a pokemon lvl below 100, no stat change will occur until your pokemon turns lvl 100? I remember EV training my other pokemon and when I got the fourth EV point, my stat would go up one point, even if the pokemon was below lvl 100. But now, I was trying to EV train my Vaporeon for someone, for defense. It's lvl 23 right now, facing lvl 10 roggenrola which gives one defense. I got 8 EV's in defense, yet it hasn't budged from it's original 37 from lvling last time(was a +1). It even has Pokerus. Does it have to lvl for changes to occur (although that wasn't the case for my other pokemon) or what? I'm really confused, as you can see. Will anyone help a poor soul out please?

Molts

Novice Breeder
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
I'm a little bit confused about EV's. It says that for every 4 EV points you gain from battle, you gain one point in that stat at lvl 100. Does that mean if you earn 4 EV points (lets say defense) on a pokemon lvl below 100, no stat change will occur until your pokemon turns lvl 100? I remember EV training my other pokemon and when I got the fourth EV point, my stat would go up one point, even if the pokemon was below lvl 100. But now, I was trying to EV train my Vaporeon for someone, for defense. It's lvl 23 right now, facing lvl 10 roggenrola which gives one defense. I got 8 EV's in defense, yet it hasn't budged from it's original 37 from lvling last time(was a +1). It even has Pokerus. Does it have to lvl for changes to occur (although that wasn't the case for my other pokemon) or what? I'm really confused, as you can see. Will anyone help a poor soul out please?
Ev's will update at the end of each battle, or if the pokemon changes forms (like shaymin or giratina). When a pokemon levels, the EV's determine the +X stats they gain, so if you max out your vaporeon's def EV's (252) then every level or very close to that you'll gain +3 def, while you may or may not get +3 in def if its not maxed out.
When you have very low values of EV's the changes are quite minor, so its harder ot see the change. Plus at higher levels the changes become even more dramatic. I had a gardevoir with maxed EV's in SpA/SpD, and those stats on her were over quadruple all of her other stats at lvl 50-ish. So over time you'll see stronger values, while lower levels just don't have enough time to really show off the EV's.

Summary: lower levle pokemon only slightly show EV's in their stats, while higher levels change a ton. And ev's are calculated at the end of each battle, so you cna EV train lvl 100 pokemon.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Just started playin' Pkm B/W (Team help)

Hi everyone.

I just got Pokemon Black and i really dont know which pokemon thats good or bad to have. I have made it to the 5:th gym and i got six pokemon. Now i must ask if i got a good team or not. Which pokemon could i switch?

My Team: ( If u want to know more about my pokemon then just ask. )

1. Servine, Male, Lvl: 34 (Grass)

2. Unfezant, Male, Lvl: 33 (Normal, Flying)

3. Deerling, Male, Lvl: 32 (Normal, Grass)

4. Simipour, Male, Lvl: 32 (Water)

5. Excadrill, Male, Lvl: 32 (Ground, Steel)

6. Scraggy, Male, Lvl: 32 (Dark, Fight)
----------------------------------------------------------

Maybe i need a fire pokemon in my team? What do you think about my team?
Please leave some comments and feedback cause this is my first gameplay of the 5th generation.

Molts

Novice Breeder
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
Hi everyone.

I just got Pokemon Black and i really dont know which pokemon thats good or bad to have. I have made it to the 5:th gym and i got six pokemon. Now i must ask if i got a good team or not. Which pokemon could i switch?

My Team: ( If u want to know more about my pokemon then just ask. )

1. Servine, Male, Lvl: 34 (Grass)

2. Unfezant, Male, Lvl: 33 (Normal, Flying)

3. Deerling, Male, Lvl: 32 (Normal, Grass)

4. Simipour, Male, Lvl: 32 (Water)

5. Excadrill, Male, Lvl: 32 (Ground, Steel)

6. Scraggy, Male, Lvl: 32 (Dark, Fight)
----------------------------------------------------------

Maybe i need a fire pokemon in my team? What do you think about my team?
Please leave some comments and feedback cause this is my first gameplay of the 5th generation.

Hmm I would recommend a fire type, perhaps litwik/lampent? That could replace your deerling is doubling up on both of his/her types.

Unless you plan on doing competitive battles, you don't really "need" to have a perfectly balanced team though. What you have is just fine for doing anything in game. :D

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Hmm I would recommend a fire type, perhaps litwik/lampent? That could replace your deerling is doubling up on both of his/her types.

Unless you plan on doing competitive battles, you don't really "need" to have a perfectly balanced team though. What you have is just fine for doing anything in game. :D

Do you have any good fire type that you could maybe trade?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Do you have any good fire type that you could maybe trade?

Just so you know, this thread isn't for trading. :3 Instead, send a visitor message or a private message to the member, or alternatively, there's a trade section for trading as seen [ here. ]

Years
does the pokemon you send to the dream world affect the amount of points or interactioon in DW. for example would sending a lv2 lilipup have the same affect as a lv55 stoutland?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
does the pokemon you send to the dream world affect the amount of points or interactioon in DW. for example would sending a lv2 lilipup have the same affect as a lv55 stoutland?

Why not a Herdier?

Nope, the Pokemon you send in doesn't make a difference at all, though the actions you take within the DW, aka, watering, etc, make the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back