• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] What is the birch intro script offset (Emerald)

DabbingPenguin

Human Bean
Years
  • I want to edit the birch intro without having to get A-Text working, but I have not been able to find the offset at all. I have a feeling I am going to need A-Text

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    It's not a script. However I have an ini for birch's intro for A-Text, attatched below. Simply edit the text shown there, do NOT select "special dialogue" when saving.

Also, if A-Text isn't working, right click the exe, go to properties, compatibility, run in compatibility mode, and select windows service pack 3. Done and done!

Attachments

• BPEE.ini
      549 bytes · Views: 11
    Years
    • Seen today
    In my experience A-text works fine as long as you don't let the program repoint anything. Although I heard repointing stuff with it can mess up your rom, so use that programm with caution;)

Back