• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A good team for SoulSilver?

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
  • too bad i was in a hurry an captured a Wooper. :(

You can't go wrong with Wooper (and later, Quagsire!!!) because it can take a lot of hits. The bulk it has allows it to get you through some tough battles. It has access to some great moves like Earthquake and the ultra-practical Surf, as well as some helpful Ice attacks (you get Icy Wind after the 7th gym, which will let you plow through the 8th gym!).

One other thing: Status moves are your best friend in-game. The CPU's Pokemon struggle against moves like Confuse Ray, Toxic, Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave. If any of your Pokemon have these moves, you can win battles your team would be too weak to win.

Years
  • Yay Wooper evolver, welcome to the family Quagsire!
    That means i need another pokemon so i can complete the last pokemon space...
    Any advices? who should i catch?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    So far, you already have Cyndaquil, Hoothoot, and Wooper; in my opinion, I think you'd really benefit if you went with a electric-type right about now, or perhaps even ghost. Former could endure all electric hits that opponents strike at you, and as for latter, well, that would increase your range of coverage. If you're choosing latter, them my recommendation would be to select Gastly. If it's electric, then go with Elekid. Once it evolves into Electivire (and manages to have Motor Drive ability), it would increase its speed as soon as it gets hit by electric attacks, which, if you ask me, is sweet!

Years
  • So far, you already have Cyndaquil, Hoothoot, and Wooper; in my opinion, I think you'd really benefit if you went with a electric-type right about now, or perhaps even ghost. Former could endure all electric hits that opponents strike at you, and as for latter, well, that would increase your range of coverage. If you're choosing latter, them my recommendation would be to select Gastly. If it's electric, then go with Elekid. Once it evolves into Electivire (and manages to have Motor Drive ability), it would increase its speed as soon as it gets hit by electric attacks, which, if you ask me, is sweet!

I managed to capture a Magnemite, but i think that Elekid would be much better, should i change?

Back