• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Could really use some help with Pokemon diamond! And I am new here! Hey everyone! Ha

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2015
    I currently have two gym badges. And I could use some advice on my line up and strategy for going further!
    I'm new to the modern generations so I have no idea of what Pokemon I need to keep my eyes open for. I know I have some gaps in my offense and defense so I would love some advice! Thank you!
    My current line up is...
    Lvl: 18 buizel
    Lvl: 21 luxio
    Lvl: 21 monferno
    Lvl: 21 staravia
    Lvl: 18 kadabra
    And an egg from "traveling man"?

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Your team looks pretty good so far. If I were you, I wouldn't use the Pokemon that comes out of the egg, but instead get a Rock or Ground type. If you can trade, then Golem and Steelix are great options. If not, then you can catch a Steelix at the Iron Island, or get a Skull Fossil from the Underground, so that you can get a Cranidos.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    I currently have two gym badges. And I could use some advice on my line up and strategy for going further!
    I'm new to the modern generations so I have no idea of what Pokemon I need to keep my eyes open for. I know I have some gaps in my offense and defense so I would love some advice! Thank you!
    My current line up is...
    Lvl: 18 buizel
    Lvl: 21 luxio
    Lvl: 21 monferno
    Lvl: 21 staravia
    Lvl: 18 kadabra
    And an egg from "traveling man"?

Currently this team is pretty good, you have pokemon that are resistant to most types of pokemon, however your staravia has a 2x weakness to rock type moves, and you don't have a pokemon to cover this weakness (i.e. all your other pokemon are normal resistance to rock type moves). I would recommend a fighting, steel or ground type pokemon. Also all of your current team can be hit (with normal effectiveness) by poison, normal and dragon type moves, by adding a ground type pokemon you would have a pokemon with a good resistance against poision type moves.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2015
    Thanks for the reply! What about grass steel or dragon? Should I worry much about those?

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2015
    Any suggestion on the ground type I should look for? I don't know any of these new Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Thanks for the reply! What about grass steel or dragon? Should I worry much about those?
    Grass type pokemon would only have a major effect on your buizel, and if faced with one a quick switch to staravai or monferno would give you a good resistance, Steel types shouldn't be too much of a worry as there are only 5 pure steel type pokemon and the others are dual types, and besides steel type pokemon have a weakness to fire and fighting (also ground) and dragon types are super weak against ice type moves.

As for my recommended pokemon, i would recommend a geodude for now, with a defence stat of 100 it gives a good defence and when you reach level 25 it evolves to graveler with a 125 defence.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2015
    Honestly I don't know much about legendary Pokemon and have no idea on how to catch them, but I think it could be cool! And I'm willing to get rid of any of them except maybe infernape

MasterLemon

What's for tea?
    Years
  • I'd have a slot open for the game's mascot Dialga, who you'll get sometime after the 7th gym. I'd ditch Buizel and get Gyarados instead due to having MUCH better stats, I haven't had too much success with the Luxray line but it's your best against Wake if you don't want to spend time at the Game Corner at Veilstone City. I'd also ditch Kadabra and wait till when you can catch Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf; which will be after you catch Dialga. You wouldn't have as many team members but that's how it should be if you want the team to have more of an advantage. The final members can play catchup later on.

As for Ground types; all I can think of is Hippowdon and Garchomp.

And one more thing; do you have someone who you can trade Pokemon with?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2015
    I actually just beat wake last night, but thanks for the advice! And Unfortunatly not I don't have anyone to trade with.

MasterLemon

What's for tea?
    Years
  • With my advice then the team could be.
    Infernape
    Staraptor
    Gyarados
    Luxray
    Dialga
    Lake trio member
    Hippowdon/Garchomp

I would've suggested Roserade instead of Luxray but there isn't too much point by now. I'd go for Hippowdon over Garchomp and teach it Yawn so you can send Pokemon to Sleep in order for catching to be easier. You get Hippopotas at that cave next to Route 214. If you wish to keep Luxray then be prepared for it to fall behind in contrast to your other team members.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2015
    Thanks for the help it means a lot! Any advice on catching a legendary? Haha I've never done it before. And if you don't like luxray what electric type would be a better fit?

MasterLemon

What's for tea?
    Years
  • That's the thing. Electric types are few and far between in this game. Luxray is one of the better ones in spite of the type's selection. In short; it's the best you've got.

Back