• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fanfic] (League of Legends) Chains are a Burden

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
  • So here's a LoL fanfic for the three of you that might read this out of curiosity. Given Alistar's lore, I really wanted to make him a character. He's supposed to be this unstoppable tank, but what happens if I broke him? I liked the result, so why not share it here?

Just in case you don't know Alistar's lore, I'll copy and paste it here. Just for clarification, I didn't write anything that's located in the spoiler. This is Alistar's official lore as written by Riot games, and can be found here:
    Spoiler:

Now that you know all you need to know about Alistar, let's get to the story.

Chains are a Burden​

Alistar lifted his bloody hand away from the limp figure of a bear. The crowd erupted with cheers as the minotaur took a step back, panting heavily. He heard the groan of the gates once again. As he turned around, a tiger jumped out of the shadows and into the arena. The enormous crowd that surrounded the stage fell silent on all sides, anticipating the bloodshed. As the tiger circled around, Alistar noticed it's rib cage easily visible under the animal's matted fur. He sighed as the beast lunged forward with claws outstretched.

The minotaur caught the tiger mid jump, and flung it high into the air. The feline let out a yelp as it started its decent to the ground. Before the cat could land, Alistar charged forward, headbutting the tiger and sending it hurtling towards the wall. It's body made a sickening crack as it made contact, and the tiger slumped on the ground. Alistar fell on his knees, a mix of sweat and blood dampened the ground. Fresh blood spilled from his wrists as the chains cut into his flesh once again. The gates made their familiar sound as they revealed the next opponent.

A man walked out into the arena, brandishing a sword and shield. As Alistar got a better look, he realized that he wasn't a man at all, but rather a boy. The boy, no older than fifteen, readjusted his grip on his sword, but it was easy to see that he had never used one before. The fear in his eyes and scars on his face told a tale of slavery, and he must have had said no to his master one too many times.

"No," Alistar said, shifting his gaze towards the emperor. "I can kill beasts for your stupid amusement, but not a person. I'm not fighting."

The crowd booed the minotaur, pelting him with bags of partially eaten food, and drenching him in their drinks. The emperor raised his had for silence, and after a moment, he had it.

"It's either you, or him," He said. "Only one person is leaving the arena today."

Two archers on either side of the emperor notched an arrow as if on queue. Alistar sighed and looked at the ground. He didn't know what the kid did to be here, but it didn't matter.

"We're waiting!" The emperor said, a smile creeping onto his face.

Alistar took one last look at his opponent. The kid was shaking, and looking back and forth between the archers and the minotaur. Their eyes met for a split second before Alistar turned his away.

"I'm sorry," Alistar said a moment before charging forward.

"Alistar!"

The minotaur woke, his heart pounding in his ears. He took a look around the room before sighing with relief. The familiar walls of his room greeted him. The small shelf on the other side was the only thing that decorated the place. It held a few things Alistar managed to scavenge from his old life, before the arena. A small piece of wood, a rock, and what looked to be an arm of a teddy bear made their home on the shelf. He never told anyone what they were. It was far too personal.

"Alistar," Xin Xhao said, standing next to the bed. "You were screaming again."

"I'm fine," Alistar said, rubbing his forehead.

"You don't have to be fine. You know that, right?"

"I said I was fine."

"If you say so," Xin Xhao said, walking towards the door. "One of these days, you're going to have to tell me about it."

"It's nothing," Alistar grunted.

"I'm sure it is. Well, goodnight."

Alistar slumped back into his bed as Xin Xhao left. He knew he couldn't keep it in forever, especially since they had adjacent rooms. Xin Xhao came in once or twice a week, and he had proved enough of a friend that Alistar owed him the truth, but it wouldn't come easy. The pain was still fresh in his mind.

Alistar thumbed the chains that still decorated his wrists. After years of digging into his flesh, the wounds healed around them, making the metal links impossible to remove. They didn't hurt like they used to, but it wasn't the physical scars that worried him. Just like the chains that were now a permanent part of his body, the memories were forever burned inside his skull. The broken chains should mean freedom, but part of Alistar never left that arena. He tried to keep it contained, but it slipped out every once in a while, prompting Xin Xhao to come and save him from his past.

Xin Xhao knew what everyone else knew, that he was captured and forced to fight for entertainment, but Alistar never told anyone about the boy. The boy with fear in his eyes, and the several other kids that came after him. Young people whose lives ended far too soon, because he had been selfish in his will to live.

Was it really worth it?

Alistar turned on his side and closed his eyes once again, hoping for once, that the terrors of his past would have mercy on his tired soul.

Back