• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pok?mon XD: Darkness Beyond Time [Dead]

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
  • Another bug includes the game freezing if the first pokemon in your party is fainted and you run into another wild encounter. This can be easily fixed by the player by switching party members, but I do forget at times. xD

EDIT: There's a bug involving the move "Disable". My pokemon's move remains disabled even after the battle and even after healing at the pokemon center.

Last edited:

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
    Years
  • I've just uploaded a new version of the patch that adds an additional gym to the game. The updates to the main files are being uploaded right now, so if you are reading this post within a couple hours of this post and haven't downloaded the game before, then you need to download the patch.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Hi, i can't play the game
    A warning appeared saying "unable to find the file" and say no more, can't expecified what's the problem or the file is. So, can you help me to fix this? I can really wanna play this game.
    Thanks

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Hi, i can't play the game
    A warning appeared saying "unable to find the file" and say no more, can't expecified what's the problem or the file is. So, can you help me to fix this? I can really wanna play this game.
    Thanks

It's a little complex, but you need to download the
    1. Core game
    2. all three animated sprites packages
    3. Sound
    4. RTP

With the animated sprites, they need to go into the graphics folder.
    With the sound, take the audio folder inside and paste it into the game folder
    With the RTP, you need to download it, complete the set up, and then find the Fonts inside the RTP and put them into your computer's font folder.
    If you have trouble, look back at the past few pages of this forum. I had trouble, too, but I got it working.

EDIT: I found another bug. When I battle with shadow Rotom and execute a shadow move, it says there's a missing script on battlers line 245. I am not able to battle with it while it is a shadow pokemon. However, once I used vivid scents on it and opened the door to its heart, I could use it in battle. This leads me to believe that there is an issue with the shadow sprite for rotom.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2021
    I can't seem to get to the download page form the base game link it keeps redirecting me to a page difference

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2022
    The link to the base game download takes me to a page that says it is currently unavailable. Would love to play this game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2022
    Got into the first wild battle only to have the game crash on me saying "Script cache no line 88". Never saved since no key opens the menu and pressing 1 crashed the game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2021
    I got this in the Error log not sure how to fix it

Splash Screen:150:in `se_play': No such file or directory - Audio/SE/448Cry (Errno::ENOENT)
    from Splash Screen:150:in `display_splash_image'
    from Splash Screen:126:in `block in start_splash_intro'
    from Splash Screen:126:in `each'
    from Splash Screen:126:in `start_splash_intro'
    from Splash Screen:109:in `initialize'
    from Video Player:152:in `new'
    from Video Player:152:in `run'
    from Map Screenshot:971:in `run'
    from Screenshot taker:215:in `run'
    from Main:10:in `block in <main>'

Last edited:

Crystal Noel

Years
  • Okay. It's been a while so I just want to make it clear that I have not given up on the project, but I just haven't had time lately to work on it, thus no updates. With must of what has been keeping me away from working on this now being gone, I intend to resume work immediately from this project. I should have a new update sometime in the near future.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    My Thoughs about this: Finally someone does something like this.

For real, this blows my mind. If you need, i can give ideas for areas, and ideas, or at least names, for Shadow Moves. Example: Miror B. having a Disco and having to navigate through it. Sadly, i don't know how to program or sprite, so this is the max i can help. I can give ideas for themes, or at least judge them, but you would have to get permission if you had to use some themes already existing.

Crystal Noel

Years
  • Update:
    We got a new version of the Demo out today, this time in a different one file format. For those of you coming off of previous version of the game all you need to do is copy the files "Save01.rvdata2" and "Save01_extra.rvdata2" into the unzipped project. (For those of you unfamiliar with RPG Maker VX Ace games, to unzip the file all you have to do is run it and it will ask you where you want to put the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Thoughs about this: Finally someone does something like this.

For real, this blows my mind. If you need, i can give ideas for areas, and ideas, or at least names, for Shadow Moves. Example: Miror B. having a Disco and having to navigate through it. Sadly, i don't know how to program or sprite, so this is the max i can help. I can give ideas for themes, or at least judge them, but you would have to get permission if you had to use some themes already existing.

That would be awesome. I wouldn't mind hearing some ideas for puzzles for the remaining four gyms (Fire, Flying, Ground and Ice are the types). Also, I like that Disco idea. Do have any for the other 4 admins (Weather based teams for them). I kinda want to give each of them a puzzle for the final dungeon.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Update:
    We got a new version of the Demo out today, this time in a different one file format. For those of you coming off of previous version of the game all you need to do is copy the files "Save01.rvdata2" and "Save01_extra.rvdata2" into the unzipped project. (For those of you unfamiliar with RPG Maker VX Ace games, to unzip the file all you have to do is run it and it will ask you where you want to put the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That would be awesome. I wouldn't mind hearing some ideas for puzzles for the remaining four gyms (Fire, Flying, Ground and Ice are the types). Also, I like that Disco idea. Do have any for the other 4 admins (Weather based teams for them). I kinda want to give each of them a puzzle for the final dungeon.

Well, for the Fire Gym, perhaps something related with Lava or Magma, you know, maybe a Cavern inside a Volcano. Flying, possibly up in the sky, or maybe using the wind. For Ground, i think you make quicksand with lower floors, and you navigate through. Finally, the Ice Gym either make it the classic slippery ice tiles, or a simple exploration through a desolated mountain, where you reach a small gym on a place with no one. For the 4 Admins, i can talk to you through PMs. Mind if i add you as friend? Also, if possible, you have Skype in case i can come with good ideas?

Crystal Noel

Years
  • I can't play the demo, when I start the game I get virus error and can't play the game.

I can guarentee you that there is nothing malicious in the file. All you need to do to tell your virus program to ignore the program in further scans and it won't remove it. I'm assuming that's what happening. You're clicking on it, and then you get the error and it disappears, right?

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2021
    i get an error every time i try to extract the game. It gets to game.3gss and i get a notification "extraction failed"

Crystal Noel

Years
  • Yes that it's correct:-)

It's probably your virus program freaking out because it's an unknown .exe file. I've had many an RPG Maker Extractor encounter that same problem because my virus program didn't like the lack of users (with RPG Maker being such a niche thing). Just google how to get your virus program to ignore a certain file and you should be good.

i get an error every time i try to extract the game. It gets to game.3gss and i get a notification "extraction failed"

That's odd. It work's fine on mine, and I'm working from a fairly old computer. How old is the computer you're working from?

Back