• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pok?mon XD: Darkness Beyond Time [Dead]

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2021
    It's probably your virus program freaking out because it's an unknown .exe file. I've had many an RPG Maker Extractor encounter that same problem because my virus program didn't like the lack of users (with RPG Maker being such a niche thing). Just google how to get your virus program to ignore a certain file and you should be good.

That's odd. It work's fine on mine, and I'm working from a fairly old computer. How old is the computer you're working from?

it's a laptop thats barely a year old. i'll try to extract it on PC tommorow

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2019
    I happened to stumble across this but it looks really cool. I've been working on a ROM hack of XD and it's really nice to see other projects based on one of my favourite games. I look forward to playing this when it's complete :)

Crystal Noel

RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
    Years
  • May i have an idea for a Shadow Pokemon?

Go right ahead. I've already cut down the pool of possible Shadow Pokémon (I've already decided on what families will appear in each location), but I'm open to any suggestions you might have if they are still available.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    Go right ahead. I've already cut down the pool of possible Shadow Pokémon (I've already decided on what families will appear in each location), but I'm open to any suggestions you might have if they are still available.

A Shadow Ludicolo owned by Miror B., Shadow Lopunny owned by a female Admin, Shadow Hoenn Starters, and a Shadow Pikachu. For finishing, Shadow Feebas and Magikarp, the last one just to troll around with a Shadow move that does nothing.

Crystal Noel

Years
  • Announcement:
    I have decided to halt this project, but I am not abandoning it. I have decided to begin building a new game from the ground up with Pokémon Essentials. So if you're still interested in this project, please migrate to this forum, as it will become the new location for the game.

HappyKat

The Feline Fiend!
    Years
  • If we all could have an uncompressed version of the demo, then we all could benefit from having a glitch-free version of the Crystal Engine!

It is because without an editable version of the only functional game made using the Crystal Engine that I know of, I doubt anyone as nooby as I am could effectively use the default engine to make even HALF of what the demo has! :(

And now that this awesome project is on ice, I fear that the Crystal Engine for Ace will not be upgraded for a very long time. ;-; (Despite how aesthetically and intuitively brilliant it had become in version 8) {<3}

Even a watered-down version of the demo in uncompressed form would be appreciated, because it's just unbearable when the default Crystal Engine throws up errors for the umpteenth time while it is being used to make games.

Crystal Noel, please help.

Crystal Noel

Years
  • If we all could have an uncompressed version of the demo, then we all could benefit from having a glitch-free version of the Crystal Engine!

It is because without an editable version of the only functional game made using the Crystal Engine that I know of, I doubt anyone as nooby as I am could effectively use the default engine to make even HALF of what the demo has! :(

And now that this awesome project is on ice, I fear that the Crystal Engine for Ace will not be upgraded for a very long time. ;-; (Despite how aesthetically and intuitively brilliant it had become in version 8) {<3}

Even a watered-down version of the demo in uncompressed form would be appreciated, because it's just unbearable when the default Crystal Engine throws up errors for the umpteenth time while it is being used to make games.

Crystal Noel, please help.

Just uploaded a new version of the kit with the scripts used in the game. Hope you enjoy!

HappyKat

The Feline Fiend!
    Years
  • Just uploaded a new version of the kit with the scripts used in the game. Hope you enjoy!

I'm grateful to you Crystal Noel!

But on playtesting the game in version 9, the game startup gives an error:

Script 'Pokedex' line 296: NoMethodError occurred.

I had included all of version 8's graphics, audio and miscellaneous files into version 9. But it still throws up this specific error.

Crystal Noel

Years
  • I'm grateful to you Crystal Noel!

But on playtesting the game in version 9, the game startup gives an error:

Script 'Pokedex' line 296: NoMethodError occurred.

I had included all of version 8's graphics, audio and miscellaneous files into version 9. But it still throws up this specific error.

Fixed. Try redownloading it.

HappyKat

The Feline Fiend!
    Years
  • I'm re-uploading it.

Yes! It works all the way through the Professor's Intro and the player can move around in the overworld!

But it still isn't as smooth sailing as in the 'XD Darkness Beyond Time' Demo.

Despite filling up version 9 with all the Audio and Graphic files of version 8...

1) You can't bring up the Start Menu by pressing S. When you do, it throws up:
    Spoiler:

Although the 'Key Items' menu (by pressing A) appears, but it does not display any of the Key Items as it did in version 8.

2) If you try to enter into a trainer battle, the opponent pokemon appears ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE BATTLE SCREEN!

This is where the player's Pokemon is supposed to be!

And when the player sends out his/her pokemon IN THE SAME PLACE as where the opponent is standing, the game crashes with this error:

Spoiler:

Somehow, in another trainer battle, this message box appeared when the opponent trainer sent out their Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

This affects wild battles as well:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

3) Entering a Pokemart and trying to buy items brings up the 'buy and sell' menu, but trying to access the Item List to buy items gives this error:

Spoiler:

4) Accessing a PC in the Pokecenter and selecting 'Someone's PC' gives an error that prevents the player from accessing box storage:
    Spoiler:

P.S. I can't check out HM Moves like Fly, Surf and, Cut because the Start Menu cannot be accessed. But I fear about those ones as well...:(
    ...And the possible in-battle glitches carried over from version 8.;-;

Last edited:
    Back