• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Migration

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
This script allows you to take pokemon from another save file and transfer them over
Script for v16.2+ of Essentials
Credit for OC: LukaSJ

To call script "pbPokemonMigration"

How to install:
Put both Scripts (Migration & Mouse) in 2 separate entries unless you have a mouse script installed.
Put Migration folder into "Graphics/Pictures/Migration".

How to use ? :
Put a save file "Game.rxdata" into the Migration Folder.

Screenshot:
unknown.png

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6rve04qrpm17zmd/Migration.rar/file

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
If you're posting antiquated scripts from Blue Chrome, it's not going to work in Essentials.

1) You didn't include any of the necessary graphic resources.
2) The resolution of the scene is not for Essentials, nor does it scale to anything smaller than what BC had (which far exceeds 512 x 384).
3) This script (and all of BC) was built on Essentials v7 ... you do realize how old of a version that is?
4) BC used CyberSam's mouse script, not the Easy Mouse System. I don't think my mouse script even comes with the required input constants and functions that this script is referencing.
5) You didn't even post all the required script parts to make this work (from a glance I can tell that the player trainer class has no definition for :migration).
6) As a common courtesy you could have just asked on Discord or somewhere about re-distributing stuff from Blue Chrome, and I could have told you all of this in advance.

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
If you're posting antiquated scripts from Blue Chrome, it's not going to work in Essentials.

1) You didn't include any of the necessary graphic resources.
2) The resolution of the scene is not for Essentials, nor does it scale to anything smaller than what BC had (which far exceeds 512 x 384).
3) This script (and all of BC) was built on Essentials v7 ... you do realize how old of a version that is?
4) BC used CyberSam's mouse script, not the Easy Mouse System. I don't think my mouse script even comes with the required input constants and functions that this script is referencing.
5) You didn't even post all the required script parts to make this work (from a glance I can tell that the player trainer class has no definition for :migration).
6) As a common courtesy you could have just asked on Discord or somewhere about re-distributing stuff from Blue Chrome, and I could have told you all of this in advance.

1: In does include it , i used default Graphics that are found in version 17 of Essentials
2: The Resolution was changed for Single Screen Essentials
3: This script works with v17 tested and works
4: EMS works fine with it
5: Your right ill have to add in that part , forgot about that
6: I tried to get a hold of you a while ago but that's another ball game

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
It's these I was referring to. I recognize the numbers, as the BC screen size was very odd (600 x 820 if I'm not mistaken). I'd advise adjusting those for stock Essentials as well.
Code:
@views=Viewport.new(0,75,600,(820-75))
Code:
@views2=Viewport.new(0,0,600,820)
Code:
@bg.y=410
Code:
temp.y=410
Code:
@y=[189+29,261+29,342+29,320+29,429+29,400+29]
Just to name a few. It's good practice to clean up the code and standardize it before releasing it as a public resource. Commenting parts of the code goes a long way as well. The whole 'pbTempScreen' can also be replaced with a simple 'Graphics.snap_to_bitmap' call, eliminating the need for that function. Anyway, just keep that stuff in mind when posting such old scripts.

Snooper16

The Bionic Man
Years
So I'm getting this error after the Pokemon are lined up and ready for transfer:
Spoiler:

I'm using v17.2 stock essentials battle system, if that helps at all. The Following Pokemon Script is also in use in this particular project, if that clarifies anything.

Back