• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokémon Extermination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"That's easy, it's Hyper Fang. Or Super Fa-" Josh stopped when Bon pulled on her shirt, and gestured towards upstairs. A voice came from upstairs, worried but firm at the same time. It was Isabel, and even the awkward silence upstairs could pretty much define what had happened.

"Everyone go to Frosty Gorge's front walls NOW!" Isabel's voice rang faintly. "The Guardians are already there and prepared to take the first strike, but we need to be ready. There's no time to waste. PXS will be here in forty-five minutes."

"Oh crap." Josh said, quickly getting to his feet. "Battle's over! Knight, over here, take this Cheri Berry, and here's a few Sitrus Berries. Raichu, that's enough, take some too. Sar, it's clearly obvious this Raichu wants to join you. We'll need all the help we'll get. If you don't take it, I will. And, here." He thrust a Premier Ball into Sar's hands. He then forced everything into his bag, including his book. He pulled out his coat from the very bottom, put it on and swung his bag onto his back. It felt considorably lighter, from his coat and all the berries he took out. But, the lighter, the better. And he still had plenty healing items left. His Pokémon stood loyally around him, prepared for whatever the PXS brought them.

"Are we going?" Josh put a hand out to help Sar up.

Meanwhile upstairs, Ashi ran upstairs and grabbed everything she owned. She returned all of her Pokémon except Twili, who rushed alongside her as they ran back downstairs. Ashi looked around for her brother, probably still downstairs with that girl. She quickly went to the desk, asked for some supplies, and shoved them all into her bag. She stood in the middle of the chaos, this one worst than the last. At least she was ready.

"Let's do this." And she made a run for the gates.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
Isabel pushed open the Pokemon Center doors and looked around at the people inside.

"Everyone go to Frosty Gorge's front walls NOW!" Isabel shouted. "The Guardians are already there and prepared to take the first strike, but we need to be ready. There's no time to waste. PXS will be here in forty-five minutes."

Oh Shiz...

Greg saw a few people do as commanded and get ready. He'd better do the same...

As he walked over to the entrance, he quickly looked as the expression on Isabel's face: she wasn't joking...

"C'mon everyone, lets go!" said Greg, trying to show some support.

It was starting to sink in - he was part of the struggle to save his Home.

(OOC: Greg's from Frosty Gorge, if you didn't know :P)

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
Years
Josh started to answer the question when Bon interrupted. Sar's head snapped up and she listened to the unnatural silence, faintly hearing Isabel's voice. Forty-five minutes... Sar sighed. Josh started moving immediately, taking everything and cramming it back into his bag, all the while talking about the Raichu. Sar narrowed her eyes at him. That last bit had sounded too much like an order. How dare he. He thrust out a Premier Ball at her, and she took it, caught off-guard. When he was done preparing, he stood, drawing himself up. He thinks he's ready. He really thinks that he can kill. And that he can do it honourably. Idiot.

She only noticed the hand after staring at it for a while. Sar bristled, a flash of annoyance crossing her face. She brushed the hand off and pushed herself up. She didn't need his assistance to stand up. To show that she wasn't exactly mad at him for nothing, she nodded at him and raced up the stairs, putting the Premier Ball in her bag. My Pokemon don't know any ranged attacks. Tock could use Hypnosis, but she'd have to have the enemy in her sights. Confusion would be best used up closer than on the walls. Besides, they would be full of the Uprising members, and since I'm not a member... Sar frowned in thought, reaching down to Tock's Pokeball and letting her out. The Hoothoot opened her eyes blearily, having had barely half an hour's sleep.

The Uprising had about a half-dozen people from what she'd seen. Then there were the "Guardians", whom she'd met with briefly on her way into the city. They seemed more like pompous idiots than anything else, ordering her to tell them about herself. But they couldn't hold an entire army back, could they? She looked at Burr and sighed.

'Tock, go with him,' she told her, jerking a thumb in Josh's direction. 'Take this guy, too,' she pointed down at the Raichu. Turning to Josh, Sar looked him in the eye. 'Make sure Tock doesn't kill herself. You'll see what I mean,' she added before he could speak. Without another word, she turned and headed back out the center, towards the gates. Burr trailed behind, throwing Josh an apologetic look.

Tock hooted dimly and fluttered onto Josh's shoulder, planning to squeeze her claws into his shoulder if he tried to follow Sar. She wouldn't want that. The Raichu looked torn. Should he follow her or obey her orders? He started to go off in the same direction that Sar did when a blue beam surrounded him and he was lifted up into the air. Tock's eyes glowed in the same colour as she restrained him.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
Years
"Everyone go to Frosty Gorge's front walls NOW!" Isabel shouted. "The Guardians are already there and prepared to take the first strike, but we need to be ready. There's no time to waste. PXS will be here in forty-five minutes."

Chris stood there, frozen in place. People began rushing past him and out the door, but Chris continued to stand there. He couldn't come to terms with what was happening. They had come so far, but in the end... Dile jumped down in front of Chris, hitting him with a quick and cold stream of water and interrupting his train of thought. The water smacked him back back into reality. Quickly he wiped the water off of his face. "Thanks Dile." Chris said bending over and scratching the Pokemon on the head. He then stood up releasing all of his Pokemon

.In a blinding light, Char, Silver, Screech, Ivy, Sakura, and Dile all stood in front of him. "Hey guys..." Chris said in a sad tone, his Pokemon immediately tuning into his words. "I know that this is a bit premature, but..." Chris started, holding back the tears "...I just wanted you all to know,that the last few years have been the best no matter what I've said or what had happened. And I know I could count on all of you for anything..." Chris paused, for a moment watching all of the people continue to rush out of the Pokecenter. "If anything happens to me, get out of here, go to Elm, go to Johto, I don't care... just be safe." Chris' Pokemon all cooed or roared or screeched to show that they understood. "Great, thanks everyone." Chris pulled back out their Pokeballs, returning Silver, Screech, and Ivy. However he left Char, Dile and Sakura out. "Char," Chris said, turning to the Charizard as Dile and Sakura climbed onto his shoulders. "I need you to come with me."

Charizard roared in agreement, spewing fire into the air. Chris couldn't help but smile at the Charizard's immaturity. Looking up, he saw Isabel still standing in the doorway, directing people where to go.

"Is." Chris said walking up to Isabel. "Good luck out there." he then walked past her and out the door, with Char following close behind. Instead of running with the stream of people to the front walls, Chris took the backstreet, quickly running past Beo's house and down the street.

"Yo, Sonny!" a voice yelled from a run-down old house. Chris glanced over, and almost had to do a double take. A old-man that looked about to keel over and die sat on the porch of the house in a rocking chair. He had a long, white beard and was wearing a plaid jacket and a pair of jeans. An Arcanine about as old as he was layed down at his feet. "You a trainer goin' to get in the fight?"

"Uhh... yeah..." Chris replied. "But I'm kind of-"

"Just wait right there me boy." The old man said, getting up from the chair. As he got up, his back cracked sickly, causing Chris to flinch in disgust. In a moment the old man was back, holding, what looked to be a sniper rifle of some sort. "M40 bolt action sniper," the old man explained "This served me well in my time. Pop a few of them Pokemon hatin' swine for' me."

Chris smiled, slinging the weapon over his back, almost hitting Dile in the head. "Will do, Thanks." Suddenly a Fearow swooped just over Chris's head. On it's back was a trainer, heading straight for the front wall. Chris could've slapped himself for not thinking of that. Quickly he jumped on Char's back.

"Char, lets go !" Char gracefully took off, hastily heading through the cold air to the front wall.

(OOC: GAAH! Writer's block blows! HA! In your face writers block!

@Mira: If this is not Ok, then I'll delete the part. Approved!)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Josh pulled his hand back as Sar got up. Josh caught a glance at her face and could tell that his comments didn't go with her well. He winced as he followed her upstairs. The least he wanted to do was make her feel angry or make an enemy out of a friend. He'd only known Sar for a few hours and already he felt like he'd known her for ages. He reminded himself if he did, that he would probably haven't just pushed her buttons like he did. But still, he felt something about her and didn't exactly want her dead or out in the battle. Maybe if they were a team or somethin-

'Tock, go with him,' Sar's voice interrupted Josh's trail of thought. He looked up at her to see her gesturing at him. Why would Josh want to take her Hoothoot with him? 'Take this guy, too,' she pointed at the Raichu at his feet. Turning to Josh, Sar looked him straight in the eye. Josh swore it felt like she was staring into his soul or something. 'Make sure Tock doesn't kill herself. You'll see what I mean,' she added before she turned and headed back out the center, towards the gates that Ashi and Josh had come through into the city. Burr ran after her and stopped briefly, turning to Josh with an apologetic look before the Raticate took off again. Tock hooted softly and landed onto Josh's shoulder, looking a little tired and annoyed. Josh turned to the Raichu to see it running off after Sar, but Tock used some kind of Psychic attack to hold it back. Josh started to walk towards the centre doors before Tock dug his claws into Josh's shoulder. He yelped and jumped back and Tock released his grip.

"What was that for? I have to go to the gates, it's Isabel's orders!" He said, frustrated. Tock hooted lazily and Josh huffed in return. "Fine. We won't go to the gates." He returned everybody but Alex, his Pidgeot, and headed upstairs for the roof.

"We'll do a surprise attack. They'll go for us rather than the Guardians and the Uprising," Josh smirked, running up the stairs two at a time. Tock hooted again, digging his claws in. Josh cried out again, but kept running. Maybe he could give a distraction, just enough for an advantage. "I hope you're up for this, Alex." His Pidgeot ignored him but followed him up the stairs and onto the rooftop.

Ashi stood impatiently at the gate. Guardians stood around her, and a few of the Uprising members she couldn't be bothered naming. Twili stood by her, rolling her eyes as Ashi tapped her feet and fiddled with her hair. Twili had to be patient. After all, he had been with Ashi since the beginning and even when she wasn't as cold hearted as she was now, she was always buzzing around, looking for something to do. Ashi's eyes wandered around, at the different people, at the snow falling, at the gate. She turned around to find something else interesting when she saw the girl with blue hair that Josh had been following around before. Ashi didn't remember, or didn't even care about her name. She just knew that Josh had been with her.

"Hey, you!" Ashi called out to her, her hands on her hips, her tone unintentionally impatient and annoyed. "Joshua was with you before, where is he now?"

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
"Everyone go to Frosty Gorge's front walls NOW!" Isabel shouted hastily into the pokemon center.. PXS was almost here and it was time.. Beo jumped up from his seat and started to look around for Kez...

"Kez, come on where are you, we need to get going PXS is on there way here now!" Beo shouted frantically looking throughout the pokemon center. He wanted to be right next to Kez when the battle started, he had hoped theyd be able to protect each other.. After a few minutes of searching Beo had still not found Kez, and everyone else had basically started to move out to the Front Walls.

"Blah come on out wags!" Beo shouted as he unhooked wags pokeball from it's clip and let the little guy out.

"Poli-poli wag" he shouted excitedly..

"Listen I just wanted to let you know i'm not going to put you into any harm, since your new on my team your not as strong as Blaze, so i'm only going to use you if I really need to ok buddy" Beo said to the little blue water pokemon.

"Wags..." Wags said looking a little said but new his trainer was just trying to protect him.

"Alright good now return" Beo said as wags went back into the pokeball.. He then unclipped Blaze's ball and made his way outside the center. once outside Beo saw Chris take off into the sky on his charizard, and decided that maybe he should follow after him, and with that thought he released Blaze and jumped on his back..

"OK Blaze it's the moment weve been waiting for lets do this!" Beo shouted

"CHARRRRR!!!" Blaze shouted back.

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
Years
"Quick Wartortle, douse the fire!" Drake ordered his water pokemon, who quickly sent a jet of water onto the bon fire. For the last few days he had been camping outside forsty gorge, waiting for the attack that was bound to happen. It wasn't long before he saw smoke plumes in the distance, but now they were in eyesight. A long line of trucks, vans, and whatelse PSX used to transport.

"Guys, ready to execute the plan?" He asked his five pokemon, who nodded in unison. "Great, get in the van," He ordered them. He himself took the drivers seat and started the engine, and drove away from the line of trucks.

"Spark, the map," He asked his pikachu, who unfolded the sheet of paper. Thered was a huge U running through it in red crayon. He grinned as he thought of what would happen; joining the trucks, surprise attacking them from the back; this was going to be a blast. Well... at least if the uprising didn't interfere.

(OOC: No worries Mira, aint gonna kill no uprising)

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
Years
(OOC: @Draco: I certainly hope not :P)

Greg stood there. The front Gate.

Next to him Krow hoverred - as Greg thought it best to have a flying type to alert him whenever they appear. That, and Krow was a useful battler.

He saw the anticipation, the nerves on the others' faces. It was like stage fright only 20 times worse. Greg himself wasn't very calm either: he could feel himself shaking slightly and his heart was beating pretty fast to say the least...

He tried to take his mind off of it a little, start conversation... he saw a girl, "Hey, Ahsi, was it? Just wanna say, best of luck out there..." Greg looked at Krow. He noticed he too was feeling some pressure...

Sweet Dreams

Years
((Ooc: I'm getting so confused about how the US spells things and how the UK spells things... I'm supposed to be using the UK way, but... :S))

Sar was almost at the gates, Burr on her right shoulder when a voice called out. She looked up and saw Josh's sister, hands on her hips and a haughty expression etched on her face. "Joshua was with you before, where is he now?" She demanded, sounding irritated. As she drew nearer, Sar shrugged, looking into her eyes.

"What, wanna go babysit the seventeen-year-old, Ashi?" She asked, sarcasm creeping into her voice near the end. I admit he's a complete idiot. At least have some trust in his Pokemon, you controlling freak, she thought just a bit uncharitably. Sar studied the environment from the corner of her eye. There was that huge wall of reinforced ice, and ice-Pokemon at various stages of readiness for the attack. The actual gates themselves were the weakest point along the whole thing.

A guy came along, interrupting the conversation and started chatting with Ashi. Sar was wondering what on earth she would do if the PXS did break the door down. Burr's comforting weight on her shoulder disappeared as he took off to talk with the guy's Pokemon.

<Hey! What's it like to fly? I'd ask Tock, but she would just look at me and go 'flying is flying' before zoning out again,> he said cheerfully. In reality, his heart was in his throat, but it would worry Sar even more if she noticed that. He did know that Sar was completely terrified, although she was trying to block it out by keeping her mind busy and by thinking in facts and figures. He glanced at Sar who seemed to be moving her lips silently as her brain went into overdrive.

Tock dug her claws in as Josh headed to the doors of the center, before realising her mistake when Josh almost yelled at her. He didn't think to try again, however, and headed up the stairs, alarmingly fast. Tock, jostled and about to fall, instinctively latched on again. Fortunately, Josh kept running and emerged at the rooftop.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
(OOC: Matsu's POV)

Matsuko and Ikiji had picked a good spot near the wall to wait. It was still well-protected, but was concealed enough that he wouldn't be bothered by the Uprising members while he waited. Plus, it matched his cloak perfectly, giving him great camouflage from any attackers. Of course, that wouldn't mean squat once the battle actually started, but it was always better not to let the enemy see you until absolutely necessary.

Ikiji lay on the ground, the hood of his gray cloak protecting his head from the falling snow. Matsuko lay crouched nearby, hidden from view by a crate on the ground.

Matsuko was understandably nervous about this battle, and not just because the PXS were armed. She'd heard stories about what war like this did to people who were twice Kij in age; he was tough as hell, but he'd never fought or killed on a scale like this before.

Finally, she could contain herself no more. She called out to him.

<Kij?>

"Hmm? What is it?"

<Are you...sure you're ready for this?>

"The hell is that supposed to mean?"

<Kij...>

"Look, save your concern. I can take care of myself. You know that as well as anyone."

<Yes, but...that's not what I mean, Kij.>

"Then what do you mean, Matsu?"

<...>

"Well? Are you going to say something, or are you done wasting my time?"

<Can you really kill all those people?>

She'd unconsciously stepped out of her cover. He put down his binoculars and looked right at her.

"So. That's what this is about."

<Kij...>

"You're worried that this battle might change me, somehow disconnect me from reality, is that it?"

<Kij, I've heard stories. Stories about what happens to people with more maturity and experience than you. It isn't pretty. I don't want it to happen to you, Kij.>

"Outward concern is not very like you, Matsu. Are you sure the cold hasn't killed what little intelligence you had?"

The joke hurt; how could he be so non-chalant about this?

<Kij, I'm serious!>

He froze, a startled look on his face. He turned away, picked up his binoculars, and resumed searching the horizon. Matsuko sighed, and returned to hiding, thinking the conversation over. A moment later, however, Ikiji spoke.

"I understand far better than you think. I am fully aware of what is to come, and I know what I see will affect me, even if I don't know it right away. But,"

He hesitated a moment. Then continued.

"I--we--still have a job to do. I can't give up or fall apart until it's done. PXS? They're nothing but more obstacles on the road to victory. I won't let them stop me. They're roadblock's, nothing more."

<But it's more than the PXS. What about the Uprising? What about Sar? And Isabel? And Kansai?>

His voice was hollow, unreadable. "Them? They're nothing more than tools to overcome the PXS. Means to an end."

<Is that really true, Kij?>

"Yes. No, no more talk of this. We must stay vigilant for the PXS assault."

She dropped it. What he said, he said for her to hear. In truth, she knew he meant most of it.

But, at the part about the Uprising, there was a stiffness, a falsehood.

She didn't buy that part one bit. And she knew he didn't either.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Kensai sighed as he continued waiting for the attack. Although he was a little nervous about the attack, he had survived their first encounter and he knew he had to survive this one as well. Scyther leaned up against him trying to take in some heat. Mudkip and Treeko were playing with each other as if they were unaware of what was coming. Vibrava was comfortably rested atop Kensai's head. His long dark hair covering his non scar'd eye. Meditite as usual was floating off to the left of Kensai as if it was oblivious to the world around it.

I have to make sure to leave one long enough to see if i can find any clues as to where they could have taken dad...

Kensai was deep in thought, unaffected by the cold weather surrounding him. After a few minutes of deep thought he decided it best to begin focusing on the upcoming battle. He glanced over at Scyther who seemed to be in just as serious a mood as he himself is. Scyther was his best friend and knew Kensai better than anyone did. Scyther could not clearly speak what it was feeling to Kensai but it didn't have to. They were so close Kensai knew what he was thinking right away. The thought was soothing and terifying at the same time. Either way, he had to stay strong, for his father, for Scyther, for the rest of his team, he had too much to loose to not stay strong.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"What, wanna go babysit the seventeen-year-old, Ashi?" The girl replied coldly. Ashi narrowed her eyes but looked away as someone she barely even knew, but apparently knew her started talking.

"Hey, Ashi, was it? Just wanna say, best of luck out there..." the boy said. She looked over and waved a hand at him.

"Yes, fine, you too, whatever," Ashi turned back to Sar with a menacing look. "What the hell? Were you not born 5 minutes ago? In about half an hour, people and Pokémon are going to die. And all you can do is freaking insult me over an argument between me and my brother? Are you heartless?!" Ashi grabbed Sar by the collar and shook her a few times. "Let me repeat that. People are going to DIE. As in being ruthlessly attacked by these people, no, these monsters. And you think me worrying about my brother is a joke? What the hell is wrong with you?" Ashi shook Sar violently before a invisible hand pushed her back, forcing Ashi into the snow. Sola had come out of her PokéBall by force and was now on top of Ashi, with Twili by her side. Ashi let her head fall back into the snow and closed her eyes and pushed her hands into her eyes, pushing back the tears she could feel coming. She could feel other's eyes digging into her but she was too distressed. This week had been stressful and knowing that she had pulled her only brother into a death trap only made it worse.

"What am I doing?" Ashi breathed, as Sola and Twili looked over, worried for their trainer. "... What have I done?"

Josh could see the gate from the rooftop, and everyone who was there. He saw Sar running towards it and Ashi waiting there. He could also see way far back other people, he pressumed was the oncoming PXS. He blinked as he watched Ashi almost punch Sar, but all she did was... fall back? Josh blinked again and climbed ontop of Alex, Tock still on his shoulder. He had loosened his grip and was looking serious, yet uninterested at the same time.

"We'll leave when the PXS get near the gate. The distraction should maybe throw them off guard. I'm sure I have something in my bag I can throw at them," Josh said to Alex. He sighed deeply. What happens if the PXS fired back?

Sweet Dreams

Years
Sar sighed, still looking at the gates when Ashi flew at her. She was grabbed around the collar and shaken roughly as Ashi shouted. "What the hell is wrong with you?" She seemed to be pushed back somehow, though, and fell on the snow before starting to cry. Sar stumbled backwards a little when Ashi had let go. Ashi's Pokemon were staring at their trainer in concern. She looked back at the gates, rubbing her throat. Exactly. People will die. You might be one of them, so worry about your own life first before trying to protect the lives of others. Because it's no use to be worrying if you die... Her heart was beating out of control and a feeling of dread stole over her. Dammit, this is not good. Fear will cloud my mind, make me freeze up. I can't do this... Sar thought, frustrated and clenching her fist. She tried to calm herself down.

PXS, an army with tanks and trucks, guns and Pokemon, will approach the city. The Pokemon on the walls might make the drive hard on them, and may... kill... several dozen... She swallowed. Ashi could call them 'monsters' all they want. They weren't; they were just human. The despicable race that hid behind lies and morals, the only race in the world susceptible the greed. PXS were just more honest about it than most. No, she was more concerned about how many Pokemon were going to die because of their misfortune and PXS' cruelty. And for what? Lies. Cheats. Deceit. Greed. Idiocy.

She ground her teeth. Anger was worse than fear. But she was always bad at trying to block out that particular emotion. Why? Pokemon might harm people or each other, under orders or not, but never for something as stupid as ambition. One of the few good people I've ever met will almost certainly die for no other reason. And the rest... they're fighting for Pokemon, no matter their reasons. So many deaths...

"Why?" Sar muttered aloud. Burr's ears pricked up and he also perceived Sar's mood. Without waiting for the Flying Pokemon to answer, he went to Sar and rubbed against her leg in assurance. She looked down before picking him up in her arms. Burr watched her, alarmed. This meant that she was really scared.

Tock gave a hoot, slightly uncomfortable at riding on a Trainer riding another Flying-type Pokemon. She watched Sar picking Burr up and giving him a worried hug. Tock understood that gesture as well, and had to resist the urge to flutter over. Raichu, on the other hand, had no such experience.

<They must be real close, huh? A nice little hug in privacy without any of her other Pokemon around. Just her and that rat. They must cuddle like this all the...> Raichu sniffed, jealous. He hadn't been hugged like that since... too long. He was interrupted by Tock.

<Shut up,> she snapped. Raichu stared at her in surprise. <You don't know anything. So don't talk like you do,> she scolded him sharply before turning back into the apathetic creature that she usually was. <Look at all that snow.>

Raichu clambered onto the Pidgeot and made himself comfortable in front of Josh. <What was that about?> He wondered out loud.

The warden

I'm back!
Years
(OOC lookout BIG Post comming :P it took me ages)

For what felt like the hundredth time this week Graham was in the back of a soft sided truck. Sat round him were six other Pokemon using PXS members, the truck rattled as it drove up the snow covered slope towards Frosty Gorge. Graham rubbed his hands together to keep warm, the fabric that sheltered the back of the truck didn't keep the warmth in and so back of the truck was freezing. Graham looked to the cab at the front of the truck, the driver and a navigator sat up there, he'd bet that they had the radiator on full blast.

"Were getting close, it might be wise to send a scout out to check the enemy forces." One of the PXS in the back of the truck said, and then he asked. "Anyone got any Pokemon that can fly?"

"Yeah I have." Graham said, everyone else muttered and shook their heads.

"Right then send it up and get it to have a look about." The man said back to Graham. Graham pulled Breeze's ball from his belt and opened it, the Pidgeot appeared in a blaze of light.

"Breeze, I need you to go and scout out Frosty Gorge. You'll most likely get attacked on you way so stay high in the air out of reach of ice type moves. Get as much detail as you can but don't stay too long because if the Uprising have any flying Pokemon you'll soon be out numbered. Oh and don't let them see you if you can. Right go." Graham said to Breeze he spoke the first part out loud but spoke quieter when he gave her the advice. Breeze nodded and jumped out of the back of the truck, she flapped he wings twice to steady her self and then took off flying low along the ground.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Breeze felt the rush of the wind along her feathers as she darted between the PXS trucks, she left them behind as she darted left and right navigated the maze around her. Then she was free out side in the fresh air, she shot a quick glance back, twisted in the air and flew almost vertically upwards.

High above the ground Breeze stared to relax as she let her body float on the currents of air, it was clod up here but her feather kept her warm. Looking at the ground Breeze saw the jumble of trucks that were slowly approaching the gates of Frosty Gorge. She looked further ahead expecting to see the town but even with her good eyesight it wasn't visible. Maybe I could just get a little closer. Breeze pulled her wings in and dropped, the fall sent here giddy with excitement, it has been too long since I last flew I need to do this more often. Breeze let her wings out again and slowed her decent, Frosty Gorge still wasn't in sight. Wait a minuet what's that. Breeze had spotted some thing a small black blur in the snow, she turned and approached it. Ah found it. Breeze had been looking a Frosty Gorge but had been unable to see it in the snow, she was a lot closer than she had thought, I better get a look around and get out again they may have already spotted me.

Just then Breeze saw something move out the corner of her eye, a black shape flying in the opposite direction, another Pidgeot, this one had a passenger and Pokemon on its back. Breeze looked at them and considered what should be done. There was the Pidgeot but it was carrying a boy so it would not be able to fly freely, there was a Hoot-Hoot but that wouldn't be a threat to Breeze and there was a Raichu, now that was what Breeze was most scared of. If it came to a fight it would be close, Breeze had the edge in aerial combat because she wasn't weighed down but she would be unable to get close to the Pidgeot because of the Raichu's ranged attacks. She would get back to scouting and leave them to make the first move.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Back in the truck Graham was getting anxious. Breeze is confident and calm most of the time but she isn't as careful as she should be all the time, she tends to relax too much when things were going well leaving her open to surprise attacks. I hope she is being vigilant. She had been gone quite a wile and Graham was beginning to worry about her. Graham looked round the room again the other PXS members were making their preparations for the attack, each one of them had their own routine, a way of preparing them for what was about to come. One man was striping a gun down and cleaning it, another just snoozed away. They are going to kill people today and they just go so calmly in to it, they must have killed before. Am I the only person here who isn't a murder?

"Hey, you ok?" The man opposite Graham asked him.

"Yeah." Graham answered.

"You look worried, I've seen that face before. Never killed anyone have you?" The man asked Graham. Graham looked at the floor.

"Never and I don't plan on making today a first either." Graham eventually answered

"You say that now but when it's their life or yours it's different. Doesn't make it easy but when a man is seconds from dying he'll do anything to keep himself alive. Even if he has to put up with the consequences until the day he dies. Let me give you some advice the first time it's difficult but it gets easier, just don't think of them as human." The man said looking Graham in the eyes. Graham looked at him, disgusted, but he didn't show it in his face.

"Thanks I guess." Graham said back.

"Come on cheer up this will all be over in a few short hours, one way or the other." The man opposite Graham said, smiling at him.

Graham looked the man in the face and smiled back. This man really is a monster.
­­­
From on top of the wall Paul watched the truck approaching. From some where behind him he heard shouting, he turned round and saw Ashi lying on the ground in the snow, with her hands hiding her face. Is Ashi hurt? Paul began climbed down the wall instructing Slash to stay put with a flick of his hand. Bolt attempted to chase after him but Slash stopped her with the flat of his blade. Paul jumped the last few rung and landed on the floor, he turned and jogged over to near where Ashi was lying on the ground, she was crying. This was the person who when he first arrived at the Uprising camp had threatened him, interrogated him, got him tied up, had his Pokemon take off him and almost left him behind and she had not even said sorry for what she had done. In fact since questioning him, Paul couldn't remember her saying a word to him and yet Paul couldn't help but feel sorry for her. He didn't know why but just looking at her lying on the ground crying Paul felt as though he should help her. Standing near to Ashi was another girl, she was hugging a Raticate, Paul didn't know her name but he had seen her before. Paul thought about going over and helping Ashi out but he was scared of offending her, so instead he stayed where he was in the shadows and just watched waiting for whatever would happen next.

Kez_2007

..mmm.... Cookies....
Years
"Everyone go to Frosty Gorge's front walls NOW!" Isabel shouted hastily into the pokemon center.. as soon as he heard this Kez dashed out of sight.

Gotta stock up on supplies!

"Kez, come on where are you, we need to get going PXS is on there way here now!" Beo shouted frantically looking throughout the pokemon center. Unfortunatly Kez did not hear this for at that moment in time he had locked himself in the storage closet...

"Of all the times to get stuck in the closet.." he muttered trying the lock again to no avail "Damnit, Luca smash the door" he yelled in frustration as he released his Riolu from it's pokeball.

Luca used force palm and sent the door flying across the center. "Thanks Luca" he remarked as he returned the pokemon back to its ball and rushed out to help, wondering whether or not, would this battle...be his last?

Sweet Dreams

Years
((OOC: Wow, Warden... that is big. Very big. Good job.))

Tock was watching the Pidgeot. It had come from outside the gates, which meant that it was not one of theirs, unless they were really stupid enough to send a Pokemon out in the middle of nowhere. Raichu still hadn't spotted the other Pidgeot, his eyesight not being quite as sharp as theirs. Without warning, the Hoothoot started to flutter towards it by herself, because she knew that she was the least threatening one. Besides, there was a possibility that it really was another Uprising member's Pokemon. In that case, it would be wise not to injure it too badly. So she aimed to get its attention.

<Hey, you shouldn't be up here this soon,> she said, pretending to believe wholeheartedly that it was an ally. <PXS won't come for a while, so you should be resting.> When the Pidgeot looked up at her, Hoothoot's eyes glowed, and concentric circles moved out towards the Pidgeot with the intent of putting it into a deep sleep. Her hypnosis was really deceptively fast, but being a fully-evolved and speedy Pokemon it might avoid it - which would leave them no choice but let the Raichu shock it. Her, actually, Tock noticed. It was only then that the Raichu actually noticed the Pidgeot. He got his Thunder Wave ready.

<Are they here already?> He asked, careful to make sure his sparks wouldn't hit Alex.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"Wait, wait, where are you going?" Josh called out as Tock flew off his shoulder and towards an oncoming Pidgeot. Another one? he thought quickly. Pidgeot's weren't exactly really common in Katsu, were they? Tock flew over, hooted a few times and circled around it, her eyes a funny colour. Josh kept his eyes on the Pidgeot. Was it an enemy, was it a ally? Whatever it was, the Raichu had clambered to as high up as it could get and let a few shocks out.

"Should I get Bon out?" Josh asked the Raichu, holding the PokéBall on his wrist ready.

Ashi sat up and wiped her eyes. Sola and Twili circled her a few times before resting in her lap, looking up at her. She shook her head and laughed silently.

"I'm being stupid," She said to herself. "I can't fight a battle like this." She got up on her feet and coughed a few times. Sola nudged her on the leg and shot her a look, then shot the girl that Ashi had just harrased. Ashi nodded and approached her, her eyes slightly red, but her face serious.

"I'm sorry," was all Ashi could whisper.

(OOC: i thought tock was a boy dkfjhdsf)

Sweet Dreams

Years
((OOC: I gathered. Don't worry, gender relapses are very common :D))

Raichu looked up upon hearing Both Tock and Josh's words. Tock did have a kind of point when she had called out, and it seemed that she was trying to handle it without hurting the Pokemon too badly. They had no way of telling if that was another Uprising member's Pokemon or not. Josh didn't seem to recognise it, but there could be plenty of other new or unjoined members, like Sar or Ikiji.

Raichu shook his head. If worst came to worst, he would be more affective in bringing the Flying-type down.

She couldn't think clearly, even though she tried to get her mind back on track. Sar was fingering a gun around her waist with one hand, imagining all the things that could go wrong. It was a useless thing to do and just making her more apprehensive, but that's what she was doing all the same. I could miss and kill one of the Pokemon. I could miss and wound a Pokemon, which, in a battle like this one, might mean that they're dead anyhow. I could kill one of the members in the Uprising. They could win. They would sell all the Pokemon in Katsu. They would...

"I'm sorry," a voice whispered, interrupting Sar's gloomy train of thought, making her jump in surprise as she almost drew her gun. She let go of Burr, who landed lightly on his feet and stared up at Ashi.

"What for?" Sar asked, shrugging. It was nice to see that Josh had somebody who cared about him so much. Stupid, but nice. "Everybody's edgy," she said, clearing her throat in an effort to slow her heartbeat.

The warden

I'm back!
Years
Without warning, the Hoot-Hoot started to flutter towards Breeze by its self. Breeze tensed for a second as she saw it approach thinking her cover had been blown but quickly relaxed she would seem more suspicious if she was tense.

<Hey, you shouldn't be up here this soon,> The Hoot-Hoot said, as it approached Breeze. Ah they think I am an ally, Breeze thought as the Hoot-Hoot said those words.

<PXS won't come for a while, so you should be resting.> Breeze looked up at the Hoot-Hoot about to reply but instantly realise she had been tricked. Hoot-Hoot's eyes glowed, and concentric circles moved out towards the Pidgeot with the intent of putting it into a deep sleep, hypnosis. This Pokemon is good at hypnosis, I could escape it if I wanted but then the Raichu would attack but if I stay here much longer I'll be asleep. Out the corner of her eye Breeze saw the Raichu preparing to launch an attack, she quickly looked at the Hoot-Hoot circling her, she was still trying to hypnotise Breeze. I have one attempt to get away, it'll be risky but it's worth a try.

<I am feeling kind of sleepy.> Breeze said looking at the Hoot-Hoot <Why don't you take me down to the ground? I feel tired maybe I should rest.> Breeze closed her eye's and felt her body go limp. She wobbled slightly in the air as she began to lose altitude very slowly at first, then quicker as she began to loose all control of her decent.

Sweet Dreams

Years
The Pidgeot seemed to realise what she was doing, looking from her to the Raichu and back. This alone was enough to raise her suspicions, especially when the Pidgeot didn't start acting indignant as an ally would if they found somebody on their side attacking them. Perhaps she understood they were being cautious?

<I am feeling kind of sleepy. Why don't you take me down to the ground? I feel tired; maybe I should rest,> the Pidgeot said, lazily clozing her eye and spiralling down towards the ground. The fact was that if a Pokemon had been hit by her hypnosis, they generally didn't have time to speak before their lights winked out. But there were always exceptions.

Tock used her Confusion to slow the descent of the Pidgeot, and to make sure it didn't miraculously recover and fly off. <Raichu, can you shock her for me? You know Thunder Wave, right?> Tock asked, eyes glowing slightly eerily. Well, the Pokemon was caught in her confusion, although she wouldn't be able to keep it up for long. The Raichu realised this and let out his weak, paralysing wave of electricity. It hit, and Tock let the Pokemon out of her psychic grip as she lowered her to the floor, gently.

<Alex, do you recognise her?> Tock asked, suddenly switching legs so fast the change was almost invisible. The Raichu watched the foreign Pokemon, half-hoping that it was PXS, just so he could get a bit of action. He had never finished that fight with Knight, and was still revved up from it. Just in case, he built up a bit of electricity in his cheek pouches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back