• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokémon Extermination

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
  • Matsuko nodded slightly. <Call me Matsuko. It's been a long time since I've seen another Pika. I guess I have PXS to thank for that.> She fought to keep the apprehension out of her voice with that statement. It was a losing fight.

<Regardless, PXs will never harm an innocent Pokemon again. I'll see to that personally.>

Matsuko kept her expression clear and her voice level, but she couldn't help but notice how cheerful this "Sakura" was.

The way she's acting...it's not rational for a soldier going into a battle. That either means she's unstable, which is possible but unlikely, or she's never seen war like this before. I'm guessing it's the latter.

She felt a slight wave of sadness.

Poor girl...she has no idea what's coming. I fear what sort of effect this fight will have on her, and not just physically either.

Ha...if Kij could hear my thoughts...no doubt he'd have some sort of witticism about caring for others...

She snapped out of her reverie. <Right. This fight will be tough. But...>

A surge of racial pride ran through her.

<They have no idea what lies in store for them. I knew they'd have problems when it was just me, but to know that there's another Pikachu here fighting...>

A sinister grin crossed her face.

<They'd better pray to whatever Pokemon-killing deity they believe in, because between the two of us, they don't stand a chance. Now, let's show them why Pikachu are the greatest of all species.>

(OOC: I originally had a longer post where Matsu warned Sakura about the sort of things war does to the mind, but that one got level-zeroed, so...anyways, this should work for now.)

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • (OOC: Sorry it took so long. I didn't realized Sweet had posted :\. Anyways...)

A sinister grin crossed Matsuko's face.

<They'd better pray to whatever Pokemon-killing deity they believe in, because between the two of us, they don't stand a chance. Now, let's show them why Pikachu are the greatest of all species.>

<Right!> Sakura replied. Sparks jumped from he cheeks as she thought about the battle ahead. The speech had really raised her confidence about the upcoming battle. After all, with not one, but two Pikachu and a Raichu, there was no way they could loose. <No one can beat us!> She exclaimed ready for anything. <So whens this going to start anyways?>
    --------------------------
    <Do we act like friends? She's part of... PXS,> he replied, feeling strange as he mentioned his former group in third person. <Spy or something. But the meister knocked her down good,> said the beaming Raichu, pointing at himself. He blinked, remembering the Hoothoot, and looked at her. She was staring blankly off into nothing. Weirdo, Raichu shook his head.

<Oh, right. I haven't got a name yet, but who're you?> He asked, his attention snapping back to Dile.

<I'm surprised you don't already know! I'm Dile. One of the best fighters here!> The Totodile beamed, taking a pose. <We've placed in fourth in the Kanto League and second in the Johto League!> Dile had always been proud of the accomplishments they had achieved, and he couldn't wait to get this whole "Uprising" thing over with so they could continue their Katsu League challenge.

Dile was about to address the Raichu again when he realized that the Raichu didn't technically have a name. At somewhat of a loss, Dile turned to the Raichu. <So what can I call you? Raichu is a bit vague.>

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
  • ((Aw, but the important thing is that you have posted, Wolf.))

Sar hadn't been able to find a working tap, and she was still feeling restless, so she had resorted to pacing. Burr watched her from his spot on the floor. She was trying to prepare herself for what she might experience in a war of this proportion. Since she's never been in one, she couldn't really tell. So, what could she see out there? Blood. Gore. Death. The expression of fear when people realize that a tank wasn't very easy to destroy, especially when it's a second away from killing you. What might she hear? The screams of the fallen, panic, guns, wails, cries of Pokemon, squelch of blood, pounding of flesh when they hit the ground, the last gasping breath...

Sar was officially freaked out by her own imagination which was, at that point, all too creative. However, she couldn't stop her own mind now. What would she feel? Pain. Horror. Fear. Desperation. Disgust. And what could she smell? Sweat, blood, rotting meat, gunpowder, dirt...

Sar shivered and tried to divert her attention. Pacing wasn't helping; if anything, it was just making her more nervous. Conversation would just end up with her concluding that all people were idiots, and she couldn't think of anything else to do. She wished Tock were there. The Hoothoot had a marvelous ability to calm her down.

Tock finally tuned back into the conversation going on behind her back. There were now two Pikachu there, although one had seriously burnt fur. She barely glanced at it. <So when's this going to start, anyways?> The unburnt one asked excitedly.

<From the time that the leader-girl of Uprising announced the impending attack, it has been thirty-four minutes. We now have eleven minutes until the estimated time of arrival,> Tock said. <What?> She asked as they gave her a funny look. She was a Hoothoot. What more needed to be said?

As soon as he said that, the Totodile struck a pose and bragged about being a great fighter and of his trainer's accomplishments. He paused and seemed to remember something.

<So what can I call you? Raichu is a bit vague,> he asked. Raichu shifted uncomfortably. He'd always wanted a name, but...

<Don't worry about it, just call me Raichu. If it makes you feel better, call me Rai or something. My previous owner called me "Hey, you!" or "You Worthless Idiot", so anything would be an improvement,> Raichu explained. He was hoping that once Sar accepted him, and he was confident she would, she would name him. Something occurred to him as well.

<So you're not from Katsu? And you're willing to die for Katsu? Why?> He asked. He'd been with PXS for long enough to know that nobody did something for nothing. But he was a friend, and it wasn't his business, so... <Never mind; it's not my business. What were you going to say?> He quickly amended.

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • Paul was still waiting round on the ground doing nothing much, he had watched a Raticate climb all over a Charizard, he found it rather amusing. Bolt and Slash had both climbed down from the wall to join him, he had noticed that they had disobeyed him but he chose not to do anything about it. I'm going to be fighting alongside everyone here so I may as well introduce myself. Looking round Paul saw a boy who seemed to be the Charizard's trainer, he walked over to him.

"Hi I'm Paul, I think I've seen you before, your an Uprising member right?" Said Paul, as he approached the boy.

(OOC problems class now, it's maths)

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • Chris stood on the ice wall, turned away from the failed conversation with Sar. His hands were in his pockets as he scanned the horizon for anything, good or bad. The air was icy cold, but still had a calm feel to it. <Guess the saying, "Calm before the storm" is true.> he thought to himself as a cold wind blew across the wall. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath to keep himself calm. He had been a part of many missions during the Uprising's career, but nothing this big. He only hoped that everything could go back to normal after this, or at least close.

He slowly opened his eyes and saw some kid walking up to greet him. Chris paused, wasn't he in the car with him (Or on the back of the truck) when the PXS attacked them on the way to Frosty Gorge? Chris couldn't remember, but still acknowledged the kid as he approached him.

"Hi I'm Paul,' The kid said. "I think I've seen you before, your an Uprising member right?"

"I'd think so. And yeah, I'm an Uprising member." Chris shrugged, "What about you?"
    ------------------------------------------------

<From the time that the leader-girl of Uprising announced the impending attack, it has been thirty-four minutes. We now have eleven minutes until the estimated time of arrival,> the Hoothoot said, interrupting the conversation betwen Sakura and Matsuko. Sakura gave the Hoothoot a strange look. <What?> She asked, a little bit at loss about the strange awnser.

<Umm... Right! Thanks!> Sakura said cheerily, trying to put a postive spin on it. At fear of an awkward scilence, she quickly followed up with another question. <I saw you in the Pokemon Center, right? What's your name again?>
    -------------------------------------------------

<Don't worry about it, just call me Raichu. If it makes you feel better, call me Rai or something. My previous owner called me "Hey, you!" or "You Worthless Idiot", so anything would be an improvement,> Raichu explained. Dile couldn't help but feel bad for the Raichu. Ever since Dile had met Chris, he had never even come close to doing such a thing. He could only imagine what the Raichu had gone through.

<So you're not from Katsu? And you're willing to die for Katsu? Why?> Rai asked. Dile gave the Raichu a quick look, a little confused by the his question. <Never mind;> The Raichu quickly amended <.It's not my business. What were you going to say?>

<Oh... er... nothing.> Dile stuttered, at loss of thinking of an excuse. To be honest he was going to ask about his old trainer, but he didn't want to get on the Raichu's dark side. he quickly changed the subject. <So, who else is on your trainer's team?>

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • <Umm... Right! Thanks! I saw you in the Pokemon Center, right? What's your name again?> The unburnt one turned to her.

<Tock. Like tick-tock, in a clock. Sock,> she said, randomly. At their even stranger looks, Tock came down from whatever high she was riding. <My name is Tock,> she clarified. <And you are...?>

<Oh... er... nothing.> Dile said quickly. <So, who else is on your trainer's team?>

Raichu shifted uneasily. <Well, she's not my trainer as of yet, per se, but she will be,> he added confidently. <She has a Raticate and Hoothoot. That Hoothoot,> Riachu pointed at Tock, who was now conversing with the two Pikachu. Raichu smiled sadly; he had a feeling that Dile had wanted to ask about the old trainer. He would, in Dile's, um, scales.

<Yeah, my old trainer was a horrible person to me. It goes to show why he was in PXS, doesn't it?> He said, getting the worst over with. He cringed, expecting some cry along the lines of "what?" to be said soon. Yeah, he was a former-enemy. Deal with it.

Sar needed some form of distraction, and fast. Rechecking her weapons for the hundredth time, she saw Burr scamper off in boredom. She followed, not liking the idea of having to separate with Burr so close to the coming war.

Burr saw a conversation and joined it in his usual way, climbing up onto the shoulder of the trainer talking to the owner of the Charizard. He gave the boy a friendly nibble. Sar crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at him. What do you think you're doing? the expression said.

Disappointed, the Raticate launched itself off the shoulder and landed deftly on the floor. 'Sorry,' Sar muttered, glaring at the Raticate. She was back where she started.

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • "I'd think so. And yeah, I'm an Uprising member." Chris shrugged, "What about you?"
    "Yeah me, too but not really for all that long, I've only been in one battle with the Uprising, the one on the way up here in the truck. Whats you name any way?" Paul aske the boy, he turned to look at the Charizard. "Magnificent, such a massive Pokemon having the strenght to fly it's supprising really isn't it."

A Raticate climbed up onto Paul's shoulder causing him to shout out in alarm. It bit him slightly, not digging it's teeth in but still biting him. The Raticate jumped from Paul's shoulder landing with a slight crunch of snow.
    "Sorry," A girl trainer muttered, glaring at the Raticate, Paul guessed that she was the Raticate's trainer.
    "It's not a problem, really it's ok, your with the Uprising too aren't you?" Paul said rubbing his shoulder, not because it was hurting but just to comfort himself.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • (OOC: Yeah... Crap... Oh well... Here it goes ;))

Isabel flashed Charlie a grin.

"I'm glad you're staying," she said, a slight pang of dread constricting her heart. "Just please... Stay safe, Charlie."

Isabel stood outside the city walls of Frosty Gorge, surrounded by the Uprising members side-by-side with those who dwelled in the city. An eery silence was settling over them, only broken by the rustling of the icy wind on snow. The Guardians were lined up a ways in front of them, organizing the first strike. Flareon growled from her Trainer's side and Isabel looked up, her heart skipping a beat.

A black shape appeared on the crest of the hill, moving surprisingly fast along the snowy tundra. Two more shapes appeared, then another pair. Pretty soon, there were at least twenty vehicles dotting the hill.

They were closing fast.

"Oh boy," Isabel whispered, looking down at the katana in her hands. She had very little training with a blade, only what her brother had taught her whenever he returned home from an adventure, but she knew that it would be worth more being used than sitting in the Pokemon Center. Still, it felt strange using the blade Drake had left behind.

Isabel took a deep breath and returned her attention to the approaching vehicles. They appeared to be large armored busses equipped with spiked wheels that allowed them to drive through the ice and snow. They weren't especially large, but they could easily hold ten people each.

"Guardians!" Brad's voice boomed over the uniformed Trainers' heads and their Pokemon. "Ready the attacks!"

A long row of Spheals, Sealeo and Walrein stepped forward, facing the approaching vehicles without hesitation.

"Prepare first strike!" Brad shouted.

Isabel watched as water formed in the Pokemon's mouths, growing and becoming more powerful with each moment.

"Steady," Brad yelled, watching as the vehicles closed in.

Sixty yards... Fifty yards... Twenty yards...

"Attack!"

The Pokemon's heads tipped back and released torrents of water toward the armored vehicles. Water struck metal with a thunderous clamor. The force of the water overturned a few of them, though the weight of most of them withstood the force of the water.

"Second attack! Go!"

Snover and Abomasnow lumbered forward and released gusts of freezing wind toward the vehicles, immediately freezing the first line in place. Sneasel and Weavile then leapt forward, landing on the armored and overturned machines and tearing open the sides, releasing a flurry of attacks inside as the oncoming vehicles continued to be frozen in place.

Isabel watched with awe as the Guardians' Pokemon took down the first line of PXS troops systematically, wondering how long they had been prepared for something like this. Did they know that the government would end up on their doorstep eventually? They must have known that Frosty Gorge wouldn't be left alone forever.

An explosion jolted the ground. Isabel spun around and saw flames shooting up out of the side of an overturned vehicle. A Sneasel was launched into the air, tumbling through the air until colliding with the snowy ground, obviously seriously injured. Streams of fire burst out of the remaining vehicles under assault, tearing the Sneasel and Weavile away and leaving them burned as they lay helplessly on the ground. People in dark uniforms stormed out of the machines, lining up and facing the Guardians with PokeBalls in hand. Fire Pokemon stood before them, protecting the PXS members from the icy attacks. The remaining PXS vehicles halted with a groan and the people inside flowed out and lined up as well. They raised their PokeBalls and, in one blinding red flash, the gap between the two groups was flooded with Pokemon. Without a word, the PXS members raced forward with their Pokemon, clashing with the Guardians, who attempted to retaliate and keep them from penetrating and getting to Frosty Gorge.

"Here we go!" Isabel shouted, racing forward with her Eeveelutions with a cry.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    "They're coming!" Josh said as he blinked out of a trance. He had been sitting on Alex for some time now, just staring off into the distance, waiting until he heard a cry or a shout or something. He had heard it, and he was astonished at the Guardian's perfect synchronisation, how they attacked at almost the very same time. Josh didn't know what to think; whether how long it took the guardians to practice this or how long it would take for Josh to do the same.

"Let's get going!" Josh looked around at his companions only to realise he wasn't alone. Other Pokémon had joined Tock and the Raichu. He blinked again at them, clearing his throat to stop their conversations. "Tock and Raichu, we gotta go. Um, you other guys... If you want to come, hop aboard. I'll be at the gates when we get back." He shifted his attention over to the Hoothoot and the Raichu. "Okay, here's the plan. Tock, I need you to send off as much Hypnosis as possible. Send the enemy to sleep. Raichu, Thunder Wave as many bad guys as you can. Alex, I need you to drop Toxics on the enemy. Make sure it's the enemy! Anyone else, if they're coming"

He tapped Alex with his heels on his ribs, telling the Pidgeot to take flight. The bird flapped its long wings and took off from the PokéCentre, heading towards the gates.

Ashi's face wore a dark expression as she watched the men dressed in black erupt from the van. She almost grinned. It was her turn to shine, her turn for revenge. She could finally get back at those who took away her gym, her Pokémon, her life. She flicked out all of her PokéBalls and started to run for the inferno.

"Attack!" She cried, her Pokémon following the direction of her thrust out hand.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • "I'm Chris," Chris responded, "And yeah, I've been a member of the Uprising for a while now, ever since the-." Chris suddenly stopped in mid-sentence. From the corner of his eye he saw Isabel run through the gates.

Char snorted fire and stretched his wings, walking over and taking a stand behind Chris. Realizing the moment he was dreading was about to begin, Chris quickly shouted for his Pokemon. "Dile! Sakura! Come on!"
    -------------------------------------

<Tock. Like tick-tock, in a clock. Sock,> the Hoothoot replied. At the random comment, Sakura shot her an even stranger look. Yup, she was definitely the same one they saw in the Pokecenter. <My name is Tock,> she clarified. <And you are...?>

<I'm Sakura...> She replied, still in a bit of confusion at the Hoothoot's rhyme. Quickly she regained herself, talking in a more cheerful voice. <So, Who's your->

Sakura didn't get a chance to finish her question, as she was cut off by Chris' voice. "Dile! Sakura! Come on!"

<I got to go. See you two later!> She hastily said, running in her trainer's direction.
    ------------------------------------

Raichu shifted uneasily. <Well, she's not my trainer as of yet, per se, but she will be,> he added confidently. <She has a Raticate and Hoothoot. That Hoothoot,> the Raichu pointed at the Hoothoot from earlier who was asking for paint and who was now conversing with Sakura.

<Yeah, my old trainer was a horrible person to me. It goes to show why he was in PXS, doesn't it?> The Raichu cringed cringed, maybe expecting Dile to respond with a "Ohmygosh you're an enemy!" reaction. although it was kinda shocking, he shrugged; that was Sakura's department, not his. But even so, before Dile had a chance to respond, Chris called out to Dile.
    "Dile! Sakura! Come on!"

< That's my trainer. I'll catch ya later.> Dile turned to run of, but then hesisitated, turning back to the Raichu. <And let me be the first welcome you to the winning side.> he laughed, then running over to Chris.
    -------------------------------------

Chris couldn't help but feel some sense of dread in the pit of his stomach as he watched the two run over. This could be the last time that he would see them. Part of him just wanted to leave right there, and head back to Hoeen or Kanto. No , he had to do this, for everyone here. He couldn't think of himself now. Chris crouched down, allowing Dile and Sakura to climb on his shoulders. Flashes of all the times flashed before his eyes. Their travels, the chamionships, everything, all passed through his mind. Again, he shook these visions off, promising to think of them when this was over. Right now, he needed to show no fear, and do what he needed to go. He turned to the newer recruits. "Lets Go."

He fell in line right next to Isabel, with Dile and Sakura on his shoulders as well as Char right behind him.The cold feel of the weapon pressed against his back and the knife on his belt glimmered in the light.He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, taking in everything around him.

----------

A cold wind blew across the battlefield as Chris watched men dressed in black, jump out of the black van and face them. This was it. The decisive battle. This is where all their hard work and sacrifices all came down to. This was the Uprising's time, and this was the time for all of Katsu and the future of Katsu.

"Char, Flamethrower! Sakura, Thunderbolt! Dile, Hydro Pump! Let's go!" Chris yelled, pulling the knife off of his belt. This, was their time.

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • Tock watched Sakura run off towards her trainer, turning around when she heard Josh's voice for the first time in a while. Raichu was surprised that the Totodile just shrugged before joining the Pikachu. He quickly jumped back onto Alex, now ignoring the captive. He didn't have time for that. Besides, the Pidgeot was already badly injured.

"Okay, here's the plan. Tock, I need you to send off as much Hypnosis as possible. Send the enemy to sleep. Raichu, Thunder Wave as many bad guys as you can."

Tock barely paid his order any attention. She would do what she thought was the best option available at the time, not what some guy told her to do, even if Sar liked him. So the estimation was off by several minutes. Humans; just like them. Raichu, however, nodded decisively. Thunder Wave. Right. It wasn't like he wanted to hurt his former teammates very badly, but to end their suffering...

Tock hopped onto Josh's shoulder just as Alex took flight. Both Pokemon were ready for the fight of and for their lives.

Sar wouldn't have answered that question, although she would have preferred that to the sudden cry of row upon row of Pokemon being released. She shivered, turning around to face the army. 'Burr, attack the people; leave the Pokemon,' she ordered, drawing a gun from around her waist. It's on, she grinned grimly, adrenalin pumping through her veins.

Burr bared his fangs even more than usual and slipped smoothly into the menagerie of Pokemon, finding a suitable target to sink his fangs in.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • PXS. It was time.

The others bid farewell, and left. Matsuko decided it was time for her to do the same. She turned and hurried back to Ikiji's hiding spot. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the vague shapes on the horizon.

She only hoped Kij wouldn't do anything too rash.

At least until she got there.

------------------

He saw them. They were here.

He stood slowly. Reaching into his jacket, he removed a slender knife. He looked out at the approaching shapes.

PXS. Now the battle will begin.

Saiya...

He wavered for a moment, then shook himself mentally.

I won't falter now. I can't hesitate. I will never hesitate again.

He remembered all of it.

Dalton. The first time he'd been faced with the choice. He was too cowardly, and it cost him dearly.

Shizumi. Too trusting. Too soft. He'd had the opportunity, and he didn't take it. He regretted that, and the scars on his face ensured he always would.

Kasuma. The worst of them all. He resisted, hesitated. It had almost cost him the one thing he still cared for. Matsuko had very nearly ended up tailless...or worse. She had suffered, and he could've prevented it. But he didn't. All because he didn't want to take a life.

He would never make that mistake again.

He raised his knife, and studied the silver blade. He saw the dried red specks across it. Another memory came back.

Ayo. Another betrayal. Another threat. Another opportunity.

But this one he took. He remembered how easily the blade had penetrated the flesh. How fast the blood had flowly. How loudly the murderer had screamed. He'd felt sick, but it had passed. As all things do.

And it got easier. More threats stood before them. Countless forces, all trying to snuff out the light of this one boy and his Pikachu. But they all failed. And they paid for it with their lives.

Now it was second nature to him. All that mattered was progress. The way forward. Any obstacle could be removed, if only you were strong enough to remove it. He glanced ahead.

There were a great deal of obstacles to be removed.

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • "I'm Chris," Chris responded, "And yeah, I've been a member of the Uprising for a while now, ever since the-." He stopped suddenly and started to call his Pokemon. "Dile! Sakura! Come on!" This must be it, Paul began to think, he turned towards the gates and saw Isabel as she ran through them.

"Slash, Bolt, lets get moving." Paul shouted as he set off running towards the gates. He ran straight through them and outside on to the open snow, Bolt and Slash were running, overtaking him as he aproached the rest of the Uprising. Slash turned to face Paul stopping him with one of his scythes, Paul looked at the scyther in the face. Slash gave him a stern look, stay here Paul, it said.

"No, I'm going to help." Paul said to Slash. Bolt stopped runnig and turned looking puzzled, not quite sure what to do.

Sash shook his head and began to speak "Scy, Scyther, Syc, Syc, Ther, Scy." Paul understood him via his actions, he first motioned at Paul, then waved his scythes, then gestured at the PXS troops now visable over the hill and finally at the walls of Frosty George.

"I know but I have medical supplies I can help, I can heal, yeah I have no weapons but I can still help." Paul shouted at Slash, getting slightly angry. "Slash I'm coming with you or your staying here, that is that."

Slash shrugged and turned walking toward the battle, and then it began. Paul and Bolt walked towards the battle lines together, the two sides had already met each other and fights had broken out every where.

"Go find Slash, make sure he is ok, he'll make sure your fine." Paul said to Bolt, she turned and looked at his, her eye's said no I'm not moving, I'm not leaving you.
    "Not you too, I can look after myself, I don't need you to protect me." Paul said to Bolt, Bolt stayed put protecting Paul from anything that dare get near him.

DaVici

DeEmpo
    Years
  • ____________________Flashback______________________________
    Wood. The bathroom was made of wood. Dark brown oak, to be precise. The room remembered a bit of a sauna, as Vic had let the hot water in the bath. The steam filled the room and Vic got in. His thought clouded similar to the hot damps. His eyes closed and he slept.

To be precise, again, he slept about seven hours; he was awoken from a noise from outside. It sounded like screaming, battling.

____________________Presence______________________________
    Vic took on his clothes and stormed outside. "Shit, they have already begun battling." he thought as he released Matre and Bro. "Sorry guys, I overslept" They followed him. Matre grew a bit nervous as she heard the battle sounds. Vic was nervous too: "Would they make a difference? Can I rescue others?", he asked himself. "Yes", was his answer.
    They spurted along the many doors and finally came outside. There was a huge fight going on. Vic hadn't expected something like this, maybe because he hadn't thought that PXS would take them SO serious, but mostly because he still thought small scaled.

The Guardians were causing a huge wave of frozen areas, but PXS defended themselfes with their firepokemon. There were still black dots moving from over the hill, and it didn't look like it was going to stop soon. Uprising members were fighting all over the place.

Vic turned. "Bro, can you shoot mudshot at those firepokemon? We could help the ice pokemon with that. Matre? Can you go with quick attack to wounded pokemon to pick them up?" Bro started what he was asked for, but Matre didn't react. In fact, Matre wasn't there anymore. Vic looked around and saw here walking to some other pokemon, trying to talk to them. "Matre! We have to help them, don't you want to help those wounded pokemon?" Matre nodded and came back to Vic, disappearing for a moment: She used quick attack as she was supposed to do now.

"Good, stay safe ok?" Said Vic, after which Matre disappeared again.

Then, Vic saw a group of Uprising members, he headed towards them. "Hey, where can I help?" He asked.

*********Matre**********
    When Matre appeared out of the pokeball, Vic was running. "Do you know what's going on?" She asked Bro. "No" answered Bro puzzled, "But I think the battle is going on now, don't you hear the noises?" "Oh, yes…" responded Matre frightened. When they got outside, Matre was blinded for a moment or two because of the white snow.
    Next, she saw red pools on it, taking a bit of its beauty away. "Don't think of it… Don't think of it…" Thought Matre. Finally, it worked. Maybe a bit too good, as she started talking to a nearby pokemon. "Hey, who are you? Have I ever seen you before? You look so similar…" Vic called her, causing her to remind her frightened, but brave state. She ran back, using quick attack, and disappeared again after Vic said her to stay safe, seeking wounded pokemon.

**********Bro************
    Bro got outside. He saw immediately the upcoming spiked tanks and thought his strategy to win the battle. He wasn't starting to think about it properly, and he got already some orders from Vic. "Bro, can you shoot mudshot at those firepokemon? We could help the ice pokemon with that."

Matre was talking to another pokemon, obviously to forget how frightened she was.
    He walked to one of the lines with pokemons. "Can I get some cover to take out those fire pokemon?"

(OCC: I'm back! J)

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • Yassan smiled to himself It begins he thought, and the adrenalin began to rush through his veins as it did every time. "Tyranitar, Scyther! Show these Katsu fools what real soldiers can do!" And in two blinding flashes of light, two of his three blindly loyal Pokemon appeared on either side of him on the wall. Some 50 feet in front of him, a PXS soldier, probably in his early forties, had grabbed a teenage guardian and was choking him with a rifle. "Scyther! Hamstring that wannabe!" Yassan roared, pointing at the soldier. Moving almost impossibly fast, Scyther appeared directly behind the soldier, slicing the backs of both legs open with a complete disregard for the body armor the soldier was wearing. Unsurprisingly, the man screamed and collapsed into a bloody heap in the snow, releasing the guardian. "Tyranitar, come with me! If PXS begins to call in anything heavy, I want you at the front to destroy them." And with that, Yassan, Tyranitar, and Sneasel slid down an ice ramp and onto the battlefield.

Yassan hurried through the Guardian/Uprising ranks until he got to the frontline. Confusion rained as fireballs, tidal waves, and Pokemon flew and collided like leaves in a hurricane. Maybe they won't notice me... then I can sneak off to do REAL damage. His thought was suddenly interrupted by a massive stream of fire that melted the snow in front of him, then evaporated the water instantly. "Hey! I found one of them Uprising kids! Roast 'im, Vesuvius!" And out of the waning mist caused by the flamethrower, there appeared a PXS soldier and a Magmortar.

"Heh, you're both dead, PXS. Fire doesn't melt rock! Tyranitar, hyper beam!" Yassan's Tyranitar opened it's mouth impossibly wide, and a glowing sphere of obviously radioactive energy began to appear in the back of it's throat. "Magmortar, dodge and Lava Plume, then Flare Blitz!" Tyranitar released an oil-drum sized ball of energy, blasting apart a small hill and a tree, but the PXS soldier and his Magmortar went unharmed, as both had dove to the sides at the last second. "Tyranitar, dodge it quick before...!" The soldier laughed. "Too late kid! Lava Plume, Vesuvius!" Immediately, Tyranitar was enveloped in a raging inferno that burned white, melting the snow and the underlying permafrost. "Hold on Tyranitar! Break through it with Stone Edge!" His Tyranitar roared in pain, but mustered up the willpower to summon hordes of rocks, all of which flew upward, striking the Magmortar as well as extinguishing the fire via the rush of air. Now, Flare Blitz 'em, Vesuvius!" Shrieking a warcry, the Magmortar cloaked itself in flame and rushed headlong at Tyranitar. "Quick! Iron Tail that artillary piece!" His Tyranitar's eyes glazed over as it judged distance, then turned and swung her tail with all her might. The tail connected, and the centrifugal force and gravity sent the Magmortar careening into a boulder, which it cracked upon impact before passing out and setting the ground alight.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • Greg saw the battle begin. He was too concentrated on the battles underway below him.

This was utterly nerve-wracking. He had never fought a battle this intense before. But everything was at stake: his home, the whole Region of Katsu. The future of pokemon on earth?

THAT was a risk he was unwilling to take.

He looked at Krow, perched on a wall beside him. He looked just as determined as the rest of the Uprising to make sure Frosty Gorge was kept safe.

"Krow," Greg began, realising that this could well be his last moments with any of his pokemon, "Take us down!"

The Honchkrow clutched Greg's shoulders and carefully carried him down to the ground below. About 8 feet from the ground, he pulled out the premier ball - then thought.

Blade was fast, but the PXS were armed with countless Fire-types. Maybe later.

Instead, he pulled out the other pokeball he had.

"King! Sludge Bomb!" he shoted as he tossed the pokeball towards the snow covered earth.

The ball shot open, and King emerged with an almighty roar in the face of a Houndoom and Torkoal. The Nidoking's mouth opened and released a barrage of toxic clusters, striking the two pokemon back.

Greg turned his attention to an oncoming vehicle, "Now Megahorn that thing!" he ordered, "And Krow, Night slash!"

King charged at the vehicle with great power, before ramming it with a gargantuan force, lifting the whole object up and on to it's side. As some PXS began to emerge, Krow swiftly raced to the armoured vehicle, ripping through the casing with extended talons. Some sparks flew and the small tank let of an explosion. Greg covered his face with an arm and pulled it back down again to see a burning heap with Krow flying overhead and King grunting with pride.

Greg saw about four or five PXS members all lying in the snow. They might have been dead, or just out-cold.

Who cared either way?

(OOC: Sorry I've been gone for a while. But yaaay! We've started :D)

Last edited:

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • (OOC: Wow, It's really hard to write while watching "The Ruins" (O.o) and the Live Free Die Hard :])
    Chris rushed forwards at a PXS solider with Dile and Sakura running beside him and Char flying above him. The solder's face lay hidden behind a ski mask, but Chris had no doubt that he was smiling in anticipation. In front of the solder stood a Magmar, it's flame encased arm pointing straight at Chris.

"Char! Use Seismic Toss!" Chris yelled, sliding to a stop and pointing at the Magmar. Char complied, first picking up speed at diving at his opponent, then swooping down and grabbing him. He pulled up into the clouds and away from Chris's sight. A few moments later, the Magmar came smashing down a few feet away from Chris, causing the snow to explode upwards.

The PXS solider grunted in frustration then grabbed 4 Pokeballs off of his belt, immediately releasing the Pokemon inside. In a flash of red light, A Pinser, a Houndoom, a Golem, and a Poliwrath stood, blocking the way.
    "Alright! If it's a war you want-" Chris paused, thinking how absurdly lame that would sound if he continued. Shaking it off, he gave orders to his Pokemon. "Char! Use Flamethrower on the Pinsir! Sakura! Thunderbolt on the-" Chris was cut off as the PXS solder lunged at him with a combat knife, swiping at Chris face. Chris barely dodged the slash by stepping to the side, but the knife still glanced his face, cutting him on his right cheek. Quickly, Chris pulled his knife off of his belt and quickly swiped at the PXS solder. The PXS, took his knife and blocked, forcing both into a stalemate and a test of strength. As the battle rage on around them, blood trickled down Chris' face as the two stared eye to eye.

Suddenly, Chris heard a frantic roar from behind him. The PXS solder, startled, looked to the source, Chris however did not. He took this opportunity to kick the PXS member in the chest, sending him sprawling across the snow. Chris turned to where the roar came from earlier. The Pinsir's pincers were closing in around Char's neck. Char was holding the pincers open with his claws and all his might, but he shook more as every second past.
    "Char!" Chris yelled in a panic, dropping his knife in the snow. Without thinking, Chris ran at the Pinsir on top of Char. Using all his strength, Chris tackled the Pinsir, freeing Char, but at the same time sending them both tumbling across the battlefield.

Chris lay there for a moment, not totally sure of what had just happened. Snow slowly fell in an infinite fashion from the sky as Chris looked up in a daze. It all seemed so serene, like none of this should be taking place here. Suddenly, the Pinsir next to him got up in a flash and jumped at Chris, intent on ending the battle. Luckily, Char returned the favor from earlier, knocking the Pinsir away from Chris with a Flamethrower attack. The Pinsir flew back in a cloud of snow, stirred for a moment, and then fell still. Chris jumped up and regained composure. He gave the Charizard a friendly nod as he issued commands. "Char! Dragon Claw on the Houndoom! Sakura! Volt Tackle on the Poliwrath! Dile, Aqua Tail on the Golem!" As his Pokémon ran past him, Chris glanced at the recovering PXS solder. The man had just gotten up, still a bit shaken from the last attack. Chris calmly walked over and grabbed the knife out of the snow. He slowly picked it up, holding it so the blade pointed at the enemy solder. A cold wind blew across the battlefield as the two, once again, stared the other down.

(OOC: I'll probably add to this tomorrow. But not now! J)

Last edited:

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • The truck lurched as it was hit by a blast of ice, it wasn't enough to knock it over but it did distract the driver for a second. He lost control and the truck slipped on the snow, sliding back on one side while staying still on the other. Graham was thrown from his seat on to the floor of the truck. The truck behind hit the one Graham was in knocking it over in the snow. Once again Graham was thrown in to the air, he landed on what had been the wall of the truck. He pushed himself up from the floor and looked round, the other PXS members weren't much better off than him. A scratching sound came from on top of the truck, as a Sneasel broke a hole in the roof and climbed in.

"Go Blitz." Graham shouted releasing his Pokemon from its ball "Brick Break that Sneasel."

Blitz jumped in to the air and lashed out with a kick at the Sneasel. The Sneasel was knocked back and landed slumped against the wall. Graham, Blitz and the other PXS members left the truck, outside Graham took Blitz to one side.

"Go find Breeze. Here take this." Graham whispered as he handed Blitz a lum berry, who tucked it away in his feathers and then ran out across the battle field in search of the Pidgeot. Graham took the remaining ball from his belt and released Empress

"Looks like it's just you and me now." He said turning to Empress, the two of them looked at each other for a moment and then ran out into the battle. Almost at once a Mamoswine began to charge at Empress, she attempted to avoid the attack, but was hit and thrown across the snow. Empress was only slightly hurt by attack, got up, her pride had been hurt much more than herself in the attack. The Mamoswine turned and went to charge at Empress again, with another take down but all Empress did was use swagger, which enraged the Mamoswine. It pounded the earth as it ran at her faster than before but she avoided the attack, the Mamoswine was unable to stop and smashed into the side of one of the trucks.

"Good job Empress, use metal claw." Graham commanded her. Empress extended the metal like claws hidden under her wings as she ran at the Mamoswine. She racked her claws across the side of the Mamoswine, which roared with pain. The Mamoswine pushed its front legs off the ground and reared up on its hind legs, it quickly turned to face Empress in mid air before driving its front legs in to the ground in an earth quake attack. The earth quake hit Empress hard, she struggled to recover as the Mamoswine took a few slow steps back wards in order to ram her with its tusks. Ice built up on its tusks as it prepared to charge. Then it charged, as it did Empress blasted it with brine, the mix of salt and water got in to the wounds left by the metal claw attack causing more pain to the already hurt Pokemon, the Mamoswine collapsed in the snow before it managed to build up any momentum. Empress paused for a second to catch her breath and then rejoined Graham to continue the battle.

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • Burr dodged battles and scampered in between legs, claws, and several other variations of the type as Pokemon dueled each other fiercely. It was strange to see that in some circumstances, very few of the trainers actually aimed at their human opponents. Perhaps tradition was quite hard to overcome when you had to cling to your life like crazy. Burr steeled himself to do what had to be done.

He came upon a member of PXS, shouting at his Fire Pokemon to hold the line against the Ice-types on the walls. Burr sprang up onto a spot between his shoulder blades, forcing the man off-balance and, trying not to think, he dug his teeth deep into his neck with a Hyper Fang, cutting into his carotid artery. Quickly, he jumped back, splattered with blood and scurried away before anybody could find him. He felt disgusted, trying to spit out the taste of blood.

In the middle of his retching, a Mamoswine came out of nowhere, spit flying, and rammed into the side of a truck, giving it a sizable dent. Burr had barely been able to dodge, ducking underneath the vehicle to do so. He couldn't dodge it, however, when a sudden Earthquake rammed into Burr, seriously damaging the truck's outer shell. He could see an engine. Standing on his hind paws, he set quickly to work, clamping his teeth, crusted with dried blood, down hard onto several wires, effectively shorting the whole truck. He fled, barely getting into his stride before he caught sight of a passed out Magmortar in front of a boulder with a huge crack on it. Burr couldn't tell whether it was PXS or Uprising, so he just hoped like hell that he wouldn't be facing whatever did that.

Tock scanned the area from her perch on Alex. She eyed a suitable target; they had a PXS uniform on. Without warning, she took off before lazily folding the stub of wings that could barely hold the ball-shaped Pokemon aloft and careened into a free fall, beak pressing down. From that elevation, this Peck would do a whole lot of damage. With that helmet on, though, the officer might just escape with a concussion. Her hardened beak managed to penetrate it, even so, sending a shock wave through Tock's whole body. She was better off than the dead officer, though. What Tock hadn't foreseen was that her beak would get stuck in the piece of scrap metal. Great. She was stuck to a dead body with enemies surrounding her. Fantastic.

She needn't have worried, though. For some reason, the Raichu had jumped after her in some strange attempt at suicide. He couldn't fly, although he still hadn't realized it yet. In midair, he let out streams of electricity at the other Pokemon, paralyzing their majority, who were too busy staring at Tock to look up. She placed a claw onto the helmet and wrenched herself free. Now all she had to do was defeat the Fearow, the Shelgon, the Graveler, the Golbat and a Purugly. She was looking forward to it. Raichu wasn't.

<Hey, Stan, long time no see, eh?> He waved nervously at the Purugly. It watched him menacingly, flicking a tail.

<Yeah,> he answered, <it's our first chance to play since you deserted us. Don't you regret that now?>

<No,> he said, more bravado than anything else. <I'm good. Really.>

It was then that Tock piped up. <Wow, a big, fat kitty. Here, ugly, would you like some milk?> Raichu winced and closed his eyes as Stan spat in anger. His eyes glowed evilly as it focused on her in a glare which said: "You'll die first. I'm going to kill you."

Sar was, she admitted, shooting to wound. Some would consider that as wasting bullets. Whatever it meant, she was still incapacitating PXS members and reducing them to swearing. She readied her gun, taking aim, when a loud screech brought her attention to the skies. A Pidgeotto was very loudly heading her way, talons outstretched. Instinctively, Sar ducked, feeling its tail-feathers brush against the top of her head. The Pokemon wheeled around, managing to slash at her back. She cursed, dashing away.

She couldn't shoot it. At that speed, her shot might miss and hit a fatal spot or permanently damage it. That was how she felt, but under this much stress, she found her hand leveling the gun at the approaching bird all by itself. Worse, her brain was cheering it on. She kept running, hoping the Pidgeotto would get distracted by some other enemy. A childish, foolish hope, yes, but one she held nonetheless. She would shoot if it came down to it, but she prayed to God it wouldn't.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back