• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Volbeat Moveset

S-MAN

Banned
Years
*Gen 3*
What do you think of this moveset? Also would signal beam be more preferred over silver wind?
  • Silver wind
  • Tail glow
  • Water pulse
  • Baton pass

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
The thing to remember with Gen III is that this was before the physical/special split, so all Bug-type moves were physical. The only move that's going to get anything out of Tail Glow here is Water Pulse. If you are determined to use Tail Glow and have a special Volbeat, unfortunately it will not be able to use STAB moves, as it would be counterproductive, in a way.

If you want to have a special-oriented Volbeat, a set like this would be the best for it:

- Tail Glow
- Ice Punch (Emerald move tutor)
- Thunderbolt (TM 25)
- Giga Drain (TM 19)

However, if you do want to use the Silver Wind + Baton Pass combo, then you're going to be looking at something like this:

- Silver Wind (egg move)
- Quick Attack / Shadow Ball / Brick Break (basically any physical move, try to work on team coverage)
- Light Screen (TM 16)
- Baton Pass (egg move)

11wildy

Me!
Years
Or you can actually Baton Pass the Tail Glow of course ;). And maybe Substitute too.

-Tail Glow
-Baton Pass
-Thunderbolt
-Substitute/Ice Punch/Water Pulse/Silver Wind

Last slot depends on what you want. if you take Silver Wind, you get your original set, which has the best coverage, but Silver Wind does not get a boost from Tail Glow. But it's epic to Baton Pass a lucky Silver Wind boost. Substitute is another nice move you can Baton Pass. As for Ice Punch or Water Pulse, Ice Punch is better, but from emerald move tutor, Water Pulse gives coverage against Ground types as well, but leaves you impossible to break Grass types. Do not use Signal Beam though, it's not worth it with Tail Glow, nor Baton Pass, while Silver Wind could give you that lucky stat boost.

S-MAN

Banned
Years
Thank you both for pointing that out. I don't know how I missed that fact. I was too focused on the slim chance of baton passing silver wind. I'm going to stick with this moveset:
thunderbolt
water pulse
tail glow
baton pass
Mainly because ice punch is unrealistic for me as I do not have emerald :)

Back