• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dual Purpose Forums

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    What are your opinions on dual purpose forums? Would you join one? What kind of subjects do you think could/could never work together? Would you still join a forum based on two things if you were only interested in one of them?

(Note: A dual purpose forum is a forum that has two main subject areas, for example Pokemon & Haruhi or Naruto & DBZ)

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • ffffff Maybe?

I'm fine with them as long as they do it right. Some subjects that could never work together? They all work fine as long as you do it right, but a hard one would be something like Lucky Star and DBZ.

I wouldn't join one if I wasn't interested in both, unless that was the only forum of the fandom I was looking for.

Years
  • I think that dual forums can work, but it's a bit of a hit and miss situation with it though. Like droomph said, it depends on if the content fits together, form example I doubt a forum based on lego and military equipment would do very well, whereas two closely related anime could fit well together.
    However, it doesn't just depend on the fact the topics fit together. It depends on the fact that the two fan bases have a large cross over. Like for example, a lesser known anime forum may bloom with the small fan base, but if two lesser known anime's were to be the topic of a single forum then it may drive away activity. Say someone hasn't even heard of one of the animes, but is a huge fan of the other, they may not join because they'd feel they'd need to know about both animes to understand what sort of topics are being talked about.

Back