• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Questions] Old Collection

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2023
    So my buddy has been holding onto a box full of cards hes had since he was 7 and is looking to sell now. Is it worth to get them all graded or sell as is? From what i saw they are in the lightly used to medium used range. The 1st edition shadowless charizard unfortunately has a scratch, there is shadowed 1st edition and shadowless non-edition in much better condition. Blastoise Venusaur Machamp Mewtwo as well in great condition. Chansey of course have the holo defect. Dark Charizard etc. Pretty much a few multiples of almost every card from 1st edition Base/Jungle/Rocket sets. I am talking a few hundred cards atleast. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• Old Collection
      20211017_044611.jpg
      722.1 KB · Views: 8
    • Old Collection
      20211017_044541.jpg
      526.2 KB · Views: 10
    Years
  • So my buddy has been holding onto a box full of cards hes had since he was 7 and is looking to sell now. Is it worth to get them all graded or sell as is? From what i saw they are in the lightly used to medium used range. The 1st edition shadowless charizard unfortunately has a scratch, there is shadowed 1st edition and shadowless non-edition in much better condition. Blastoise Venusaur Machamp Mewtwo as well in great condition. Chansey of course have the holo defect. Dark Charizard etc. Pretty much a few multiples of almost every card from 1st edition Base/Jungle/Rocket sets. I am talking a few hundred cards atleast. Thank you for your time.

Grading's gonna be a pain, cost money, and take potentially a few months depending on who grades them (and some quicker graders aren't really accepted as valid gradings by the community of buyers as of yet) and several of the cards are worth plenty as-is ungraded. I recommend just selling as-is to get the cash in sooner than later.

Back