• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Questions] Neo genesis gray star misprint?

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    Hello everyone!,

I'm new here, and i'm not very familiar with the general way of interacting on these forums, so i apologize if anything i say is out of place.
    I have recently started looking through my old pokemon card collection, trying to think if i should start selling them. I ran into a card that seems to have a misprint. I can't find any documentations of this misprint but i might be looking in the wrong places. It's a card from the neo genesis series. A trainer card called Pokemon march. The error i think it has is that the front star of the neo genesis symbol is gray instead of white. This might be so insignificant that nobody cares and that's why i can't find anything. But i figured i might as well ask somewhere where people would know more. In case this is something quite rare. I'm almost positive I didn't edit the card and forgot. I've had them since i've been a kid so the thought did cross my mind. However that's not something i would usually have done, didn't do it to any of my cards, and it doesn't quite look like it to me.

I'm new to the forum so not allowed to post links. I'm adding them in a modified way. Please remove the spaces and add a . between the end of the line and the "jpg"
    cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/733700294143115277/908402009529544714/20211111_180433 jpg
    cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/733700294143115277/908402010410323978/20211111_180407 jpg
    (If the images need to be uploaded somewhere else so people don't think they might be scary links please let me know)

Is there anyone who has more insight into this? Any input from people who know more about pokemon cards and what would be considered rare would be much appreciated.

Thanks all!

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    I tried gently cleaning it, but it doesn't come off. It does look like the ink just got smudged though indeed. That's probably a pretty likely explanation. And i imagine it wouldn't make the card very rare :p The card indeed isn't perfect. It's been in a box for a while before i put it in a folder, and it has picked up some damage. None of it unremovable like the bit in the star though.
    Thanks you very much for the reply :)

Back