• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Questions] Is this Gardevoir rare? Help please.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2021
    Is this a rare card?

My Gardevoir 9/108 card has a gold/holo border and shiny background in pokemon picture. I can't find it anywhere else on the web - does that make it rare?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-20 at 18.31.01.png
      Screenshot 2021-07-20 at 18.31.01.png
      537.4 KB · Views: 7
    • Screenshot 2021-07-20 at 18.30.52.png
      Screenshot 2021-07-20 at 18.30.52.png
      1.9 MB · Views: 18

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • It's counterfeit. "Reverse holo" rares from this set shouldn't have gold borders, fonts are a bit off (especially the attack name and the R in the Poké-Power icon), and the K in Kirlia isn't capitalized. The card also looks a little too glossy.

Last edited:
    Years
    • He/Him
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 28, 2021
    This is a super late response but I agree with icycatelf - the plastic film over the card (especially present in the worn corners) means it's counterfeit, if not anything else. I've encountered a lot of these types of cards in the wild and fell subject to the trickery a lot when I was younger. Lost my good boy base set Arcanine to a glossy Groudon when I was 9! Sad times :'(

Back