• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Roleplay related questions.

Jiggykoopbob

Local Pokémon loving Goomba. (Flair theme: SM64DS)
Years
  • Hey its me Jiggykoopbob again with another two questions.

First question:

So i see how you can do roleplays here on this magnificent forum and thats great! Yet... I don't really know how that goes exactly, As i have done roleplays in Roblox and Discord in the past. (The first of which i no longer do.)

Is roleplaying not too different on this forum? Im not really a patient fellow when it comes to waiting for the other person im roleplaying with to move the RP forward.

Second question:

This might seem a little embarrassing to ask, But when i will eventually be making an RP scenario...thingy.., Is there any chance i can use or be characters from other fandoms like Mario, Kirby or Link?

Thanks in advance.

Years
  • So i see how you can do roleplays here on this magnificent forum and thats great! Yet... I don't really know how that goes exactly, As i have done roleplays in Roblox and Discord in the past. (The first of which i no longer do.)

Is roleplaying not too different on this forum? Im not really a patient fellow when it comes to waiting for the other person im roleplaying with to move the RP forward.

The general idea of creating a story together by playing the part of a character each is the same. I can't speak for Roblox, but RPing here is definitely much slower paced than on Discord. Posts tend to be a fair bit longer and we like to take care to make sure we're crafting a proper story as well as just playing characters. We also frequently write single posts collaboratively instead of just writing back and forth between people when characters are interacting. Collaborative posts like that, called JPs, usually take a couple of days to write together.

Second question:

This might seem a little embarrassing to ask, But when i will eventually be making an RP scenario...thingy.., Is there any chance i can use or be characters from other fandoms like Mario, Kirby or Link?

Thanks in advance.

RPs from other fandoms, or totally original settings, are completely fine also! Most of the RPs I've run have been set in completely original worlds and even the Pokemon RPs here tend to differentiate from the canon versions of the setting.

If you want to learn more about how things go, I'd suggest taking a look at some of the currently active RPs. You should also read over the section's rules and guidelines.

Jiggykoopbob

Local Pokémon loving Goomba. (Flair theme: SM64DS)
    Years
  • Splendid! But here's another question. Can such RPs also be done in Discord?

Like, i post my idea for an RP in Roleplay Casting and in that thread i also put in my Discord tag or private server link.

It's just that i ain't too well of a writer, But i'm average at best.

Years
  • Splendid! But here's another question. Can such RPs also be done in Discord?

Like, i post my idea for an RP in Roleplay Casting and in that thread i also put in my Discord tag or private server link.

It's just that i ain't too well of a writer, But i'm average at best.

We make allowances for Discord RP, but we don't have a server or channel for it because it's not very popular in our community. I'm sure that you write well enough for forum RP though. Our standards aren't nearly as high as they might appear at first from the way I describe things. So long as you do your best, most people are going to be plenty happy to write with you.

Back