• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] [Solved] [Help] Error while trying to compile the code

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    So, i got really into the pokemon game hacking scene since i played pokemon unbound and saw the pokemerald project. I followed all the steps required to get it working, and made a small change in the intro's professor dialog. However, when i tried to compile the code with the make command in the terminal it returned me this:
    Code:
    tools/agbcc/bin/agbcc <flags> -o build/emerald/src/gym_leader_rematch.o src/gym_leader_rematch.c
    tools/agbcc/bin/agbcc <flags> -o build/emerald/src/fldeff_dig.o src/fldeff_dig.c
    /bin/bash: arm-none-eabi-as: command not found
    src/gym_leader_rematch.c:106: src/fldeff_dig.c:64: output pipe has been closedoutput pipe has been closed

make: *** [Makefile:337: build/emerald/src/gym_leader_rematch.o] Error 127
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    make: *** [Makefile:337: build/emerald/src/fldeff_dig.o] Error 127

Sorry if thats a simple thing to fix and i made a whole thread about it. I'm just starting and couldn't find anything about this, so i was hoping to get some help here.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • So, i got really into the pokemon game hacking scene since i played pokemon unbound and saw the pokemerald project. I followed all the steps required to get it working, and made a small change in the intro's professor dialog. However, when i tried to compile the code with the make command in the terminal it returned me this:
    Code:
    tools/agbcc/bin/agbcc <flags> -o build/emerald/src/gym_leader_rematch.o src/gym_leader_rematch.c
    tools/agbcc/bin/agbcc <flags> -o build/emerald/src/fldeff_dig.o src/fldeff_dig.c
    src/gym_leader_rematch.c:106: src/fldeff_dig.c:64: output pipe has been closedoutput pipe has been closed

make: *** [Makefile:337: build/emerald/src/gym_leader_rematch.o] Error 127
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    make: *** [Makefile:337: build/emerald/src/fldeff_dig.o] Error 127

Sorry if thats a simple thing to fix and i made a whole thread about it. I'm just starting and couldn't find anything about this, so i was hoping to get some help here.
    This is the first time I've seen an error like that one about an "output pipe".
    The only thing I can tell you though, is that "/bin/bash: arm-none-eabi-as: command not found" means your terminal isn't finding arm-none-eabi-as, an assembler used by the decomps.
    Are you sure that you have either devkitPro-pacman's gba-dev package, or the binutils-arm-none-eabi package installed?

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    It worked! thanks i reinstalled somethings and this time made sure i installed pacman as you said and it worked just fine.

Back