• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Greetings - Pokémon noob here

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2022
    Hi everyone,

My name is Sunbird. I'm pretty new to Pokémon but I love the bits I've played. I'm playing through Pokémon yellow for the first time, and the only other bit I've played was a bit of Pokémon Y shortly after it released. I think I got my starter to level 20 or something...

Point is; I'm an utter noob and I know basically nothing about the games. Something just kinda was drawing me to Pokémon since this past weekend so I went ahead and got the VC version of yellow on my 3DS and have put 6 hours or so into it since yesterday.

I'm specifically avoiding reading about different Pokémon or match ups or other secrets about the games cause I want to replicate the experience one would have back when the games came out as much as I can and then I realized everyone probably knew someone who was playing so... that's how I got here.

Hi!

Years
  • Hi there! Welcome to the community. The OG games are pretty great. I recommend playing Diamond/Pearl next if you haven't yet. They have many more Pokemon including some of my favorites of all time. If you have a Switch you should get Legends Arceus as well.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Oh man, you are in for an awesome experience going through old games, discovering new mechanics, and finding secrets! I'm almost jealous, haha. I miss those days where the original Pokémon games were out and everyone had them but there was no regular internet access available, so rumors spread like crazy!

Best of luck in your games and welcome to the community! ( ⸝⸝•ᴗ•⸝⸝ )੭⁾⁾

Years
  • Hello ^.^

Have fun with Yellow. I don't have the VC, but I played the original way back.
    Do you intend to pick up any of the other VC games, like say Crystal?
    Also do you remember what starter you picked back in Y ?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hi everyone,

My name is Sunbird. I'm pretty new to Pokémon but I love the bits I've played. I'm playing through Pokémon yellow for the first time, and the only other bit I've played was a bit of Pokémon Y shortly after it released. I think I got my starter to level 20 or something...

Point is; I'm an utter noob and I know basically nothing about the games. Something just kinda was drawing me to Pokémon since this past weekend so I went ahead and got the VC version of yellow on my 3DS and have put 6 hours or so into it since yesterday.

I'm specifically avoiding reading about different Pokémon or match ups or other secrets about the games cause I want to replicate the experience one would have back when the games came out as much as I can and then I realized everyone probably knew someone who was playing so... that's how I got here.

Hi!
    Omg! Yellow was my first version, I played it on a Gameboy Advance :D So glad that you feel you are able to enjoy such a classic game, it really is the best version of "Generation 1" as we call those first games that were made for the Gameboy (before even the Gameboy Color came out). I think that if you're able to, get Pokémon Crystal Version next, should also be available virtually :3 It's generally considered the best from Gen 2, some updates compared to Silver and Gold. And then keep playing through the generations if you can, somehow ^^

Good luck, and I hope you'll have fun on the forums too!

Back