• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Quest #2: One a Day! (Winners!)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Week 2: One a Day!

Welcome to Pokémon Go: Weekly Quests! This is a weekly event designed to provide an extra challenge to all of us Pokémon Go players out there and see who really is the best trainer. Take part in these fun challenges to give some structure to your Pokémon Go adventures and see if you can come out on top. We'll be hatching eggs, hoarding Pokémon, taking pictures and lots more, so stick around and see which events tickle your fancy. Don't worry if you're nervous of competition - some weeks we'll be competing for the win, some weeks we'll be working together towards a common goal and some weeks we'll be trying to meet personal milestones all in the name of fun. Any event suggestions are of course welcome!

Week 2: One a Day!
    You guys requested it, so here it is!

It's time to make a Pokémon rainbow! Each day this week there'll be a specific Pokémon that we're all assigned to capture and doing so will earn you one point towards your total for this contest. The Pokémon assigned will follow a rainbow colour scheme in order from red to violet, so feel free to guess ahead! The Pokémon must have been captured after July 30th in order to be counted, which can be easily proved by screenshotting the "date captured" section of their status page. Some Pokémon will be common, some will be rare and some may even be a Mewtwo, but don't threat too much as you can capture the Pokémon at any point within the week for it to count.

Day 1: Krabby! Day 2: Paras! Day 3: Kakuna! Day 4: Bulbasaur! Day 5: Tangela! Day 6: Rattata! Day 7: Chansey!

2 points will be awarded to anyone who captures the Pokémon on the day it is announced (you cannot have captured it before the date if you want the 2 points! As long as the date in your timezone is July 30th when you capture it then it counts), whilst 1 point will be awarded to anyone who captures the Pokémon at any other time during the week. Anyone who completes the entire rainbow will be awarded a special prize! The competition will officially begin one day after this thread is posted in order to let everyone prepare for the first day of captures.

Rules
    1. The quest Pokémon for each day will be posted in this thread; look out for it!
    2. This week's competition ends on August 5th!
    3. Use screenshots to record your adventures; usually you can do this by pressing the home and lock buttons at the same time but phones may vary - Google is your friend!
    4. All Pokémon entered must be caught on or after July 30th, but can be captured at any point within the week.
    5. Progress updates and general discussion are encouraged :)
    6. Feel free to double-post if you have two updates to make and no one has posted inbetween!
    7. Be kind to the Pokémon you capture - they are living creatures too!!
    Participants
    Simply post your interest in the thread to take part.
    • Squirrel - 6 points
    • buttlet32 - 6 points
    • FireSnow - 5 points
    • Hiidoran - 3 points
    • Mister Coffee - 6 points
    • Inkblots - 5 points
    • Phoenixstarz - 10 points
    • François - 0 points
    • Sirindu - 10 points
    • VisualJae - 12 points
    • Battle Girl Spoony - 2 points
    • François - 2 points
    • aeternum - 9 points
    • countryemo - 4 points
    Future Events
    If any of these events take your fancy then feel free to request them in this thread for next week and I'll bump them up, otherwise I'll pick one randomly! Striked out events have happened recently and won't be considered for a few weeks.

Spoiler:
    Rewards
    As the weeks progress there'll be more prizes to rack up (and not just emblems!) including rewards based on how often you compete, but for this week we'll have a cute little Pokémon rainbow emblem awarded to anyone placing within the top three trainers and a special prize for anyone who completes the entire rainbow:

All that's left to say is good luck, and try not to fall behind ;)

Last edited:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I'll try it out too!

One question though just so I understand completely, say one of the days we have to catch a Poliwag, if we catch it the day you announced it is 2 points, and if we catch say 5 of them, that is 10 points? Or does only the first one count therefore you only receive 2 points? Same thing if you capture it after the date announced. Would it be 5 points or 1 point?

I feel like I know the answer to this since if it is the latter way there would be a cap to the amount of points one could earn but I just wanted to ask to make sure.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    One question though just so I understand completely, say one of the days we have to catch a Poliwag, if we catch it the day you announced it is 2 points, and if we catch say 5 of them, that is 10 points? Or does only the first one count therefore you only receive 2 points? Same thing if you capture it after the date announced. Would it be 5 points or 1 point?

I feel like I know the answer to this since if it is the latter way there would be a cap to the amount of points one could earn but I just wanted to ask to make sure.
    Each Pokémon will only be counted once, so even if you catch 5 Poliwag on the day he's a quest it'll still only be 2 points - the max points you can get is 14 but trust me it won't be as easy as it sounds! I'd be surprised if anyone other than Jae gets 14 haha. Don't want this to be a huge drawn-out thing making people spend hours outside every day, just catching one is enough :)

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Each Pokémon will only be counted once, so even if you catch 5 Poliwag on the day he's a quest it'll still only be 2 points - the max points you can get is 14 but trust me it won't be as easy as it sounds! I'd be surprised if anyone other than Jae gets 14 haha. Don't want this to be a huge drawn-out thing making people spend hours outside every day, just catching one is enough :)

Oh okay, I gotcha! Officially count me in :D

Years
  • I will have a go at it! Maybe I'll get lucky and catch something other than pidgey and rattata when I'm walking home from work this week lol

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Ok guys, it's day 1 so we'll start off with something relatively easy which most people should be able to catch without much trouble. Today's red assignment is...

Day 1 (July 30th): Krabby!

Post your screenshots once you have caught him and remember to show the date! As long as the date in your timezone is July 30th when you capture it then it counts for 2 points. Good luck to everyone :)

And of course, new entrants can still join the competition whilst the hunting is underway!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    I caught one at 23.42 last night lol, maybe with a bit of luck I can find one before midnight tonight :D

Edit: found one this morning :)
    How do I post a screenshot on here?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I caught one at 23.42 last night lol, maybe with a bit of luck I can find one before midnight tonight :D

Edit: found one this morning :)
    How do I post a screenshot on here?
    You can upload the picture from your phone to your computer (either upload it via something like Facebook or just plug your phone into your computer and upload it directly) and then upload that picture to a site like Imgur, then paste it here. There are quicker ways but this is probably the easiest :)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vlo9ZTK8mLa5hiw8XEKvZMWndUdX0rZ56oQavciQ5k8/edit?usp=sharing I didn't know how to add the screenshot, so I did this instead. I hope this is acceptable.
    Yep that's completely fine haha. Uploading to Imgur or something might be easier for you than creating a doc each time but this is fine :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Having no luck at all finding this stupid crab! Think I may have to end up leaving him until later in the week :(

Years
  • Weekly Quest #2: One a Day! (Winners!)

See date. There you are! I did have a second, but as I understand it that shouldn't make a difference to the score (just correct me if I'm wrong).

Here's looking at tomorrow!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I can participate...

Does obtaining one from an egg count?
    It does, yep! If you're that lucky haha.

See date. There you are! I did have a second, but as I understand it that shouldn't make a difference to the score (just correct me if I'm wrong).
    Yep, only one Krabby counts :)

Ok guys, it's day 2 and we're looking for something orange today! Only a few of us managed to wrangle the elusive red Krabby yesterday, so now it's on to something a little more common... Today's orange assignment is...

Day 2 (July 31st): Paras!

Post your screenshots once you have caught it and remember to show the date! As long as the date in your timezone is July 31st when you capture it then it counts for 2 points. Good luck to everyone :)

And of course, new entrants can still join the competition whilst the hunting is underway! The difficulty will ramp up slowly over the course of the week so be prepared!

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    It's 11:30pm here, hope I'm not too late to post! I caught this little guy this afternoon.

Back