• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] "extendtext.exe" doesn't extend text enough

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2019
    So, I'm making a game, and I have an event like Kurt from GS who will make Pokéballs out of apricorns. This line has the player select an apricorn, but the script:

pbChooseItemFromList(_I("Which one?"),1,:REDAPRICORN,:YLWAPRICORN,:BLUAPRICORN,:GRNAPRICORN,:PNKAPRICORN,:WHTAPRICORN,:BLKAPRICORN,)

is too long to fit on one line, even after using extendtext.exe to make the box bigger. Any way I can make the box even bigger, or a way to format the brackets to prevent syntax errors, would be greatly appreciated! :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    So, I'm making a game, and I have an event like Kurt from GS who will make Pokéballs out of apricorns. This line has the player select an apricorn, but the script:

pbChooseItemFromList(_I("Which one?"),1,:REDAPRICORN,:YLWAPRICORN,:BLUAPRICORN,:GRNAPRICORN,:PNKAPRICORN,:WHTAPRICORN,:BLKAPRICORN,)

is too long to fit on one line, even after using extendtext.exe to make the box bigger. Any way I can make the box even bigger, or a way to format the brackets to prevent syntax errors, would be greatly appreciated! :D

Yeah it doesn't all have to be one line. It should work as follows
    :GRNAPRICORN,:PNKAPRICORN,
    :BLKAPRICORN,:REDAPRICORN

I may be mistaken. If not then it goes
    :GRNAPP,:PNKAPP,:
    BLKAPP,:so on

The first one should be how it goes I believe

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2019
    Yeah it doesn't all have to be one line. It should work as follows
    :GRNAPRICORN,:PNKAPRICORN,
    :BLKAPRICORN,:REDAPRICORN

I may be mistaken. If not then it goes
    :GRNAPP,:PNKAPP,:
    BLKAPP,:so on

The first one should be how it goes I believe

Unfortunately neither worked, I am still getting syntax errors.

Years
  • Essentials is a durp like that (like the limit # of items that can be sold at a pokemart. which is frustating for me, personally, since there are radpills that need to be bought.)

I have three suggestions:
    1) have multiple events
    2)find some other way of stuffing the trainer with apricorns.
    3) to adjust the internal name of the item you'll have to open your items.txt and modify its internal name there. Then you'll have to find any other scripts in your editors that may need adjusting as a result. ctrl+shift+f should tell you all of the scripts that need updating.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    Unfortunately neither worked, I am still getting syntax errors.

I have this exact format in my game for a list that works.
    Code:
    \ch[1,-1,Magnet Rise,Stamp Out,Nuzzle,Horn Leech,Drill Peck,Flame Charge,Fell Stinger,Heart Stamp,Bulldoze,Force Palm,Cancel]
    this will display a list to choose from and each answer will extend into a branch based on your choices. You can use a script like that, or if you want to give items specifically I have another script in my events that is formatted as such
    Code:
    items=[
    :SITRUSBERRY,:ORANBERRY,:LEAFSTONE,
    :MIRACLESEED,:SUNSTONE,:CHESTOBERRY,
    :CHERIBERRY,:RAWSTBERRY,:PECHABERRY,
    :ASPEARBERRY,:PERSIMBERRY,:LUMBERRY,
    :RINDOBERRY,:BIGROOT,:TM34,
    :HEATROCK,]
    random2=0
    random2=rand(items.length)
    Kernel.pbReceiveItem(getConst(
    PBItems,items[random2]))
    its the format that I mentioned above which does work, so id suggest you look at the way your command is formatted because the way items are listed always works the same. you can use my second code as an example of how to format items, but this specific script wont do what youre looking for. this gives a random item based on a pool. but the formatting stays the same regardless.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2019
    Thanks for the help everyone! What did it for me was shortening the apricorn names to "REDAPR", "YLWAPR", etc. If you're having this problem with item names, try shortening them!
    Fortunately, I had no other events that relied on apricorns so I didn't have to change anything.

Last edited:
    Back