• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Create a Mega Evolution

Ogu

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I don't think I am the only guy out there who misses new Mega Evolutins and wants them to return. So I thought of many mega's I would have done. But I would like to hear your opinions even more. And a man can still wish right ??????

The rules to creating mega's is simple
- increase the base stat total from the non-mega to the mega by 100
- no stat boosts to HP
- keep, add or change secondary typing
- keep or change Ability as you wish (just don't give genderless Pokemon Parental Bond please haha)
- to add a twist try to make them viable for the Smogon OU tier but this is not a must. I just hate seeing Mega's banned to Uber for example Metagross or Salamence cause they are really too broken.

So that's that.

I will only give one example to start things off.

Mega Butterfree
Type: Bug/Flying
Ability: Serene Grace
Stats:
60/15(-30)/50/150(+60)/80/140(+70)

With the Movepool Butterfree has it can make great use of Serene Grace.
The stat changes I made are the same as Mega Beedrill but instead boosting Attack and nerfing Special Attack I did it the other way round.

So I am curious to see your Ideas. I will throw in Ideas I have too every once in a while.
Happy Posting!!

Last edited:

Ogu

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
While you guys are figuring out creative ideas I am putting another one out there

Mega Golduck
Type: Water/Psychic
Ability: Adaptability
Stats:
80/100(+18)/90(+12)/130(+35)/90(+10)/110(+25)

Anyone thought that Golduck is Water/Psychic?
IT ISN'T!!! And I really don't know why but it's Mega should get that Typing. Adaptability is good on any Pokemon. But having a 2x STAB Bonus on Scald and Psychic is truly great. With 80 HP Golduck has a decent bulk. 90 in both defenses can help it take a neutral hit or two. 110 Speed is a great Tier in the Meta and 130 Special Attack combined with Adaptability is monstrous for Golduck. It is not broken though cause it is still worn down easily and can be outsped by many Pokemon in the OU Tier. I even think that it will be UU but still usable in OU.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
i'll drop in one that's been created for my fangame

Mega Bastiodon
Rock/Dragon
Ability: Filter
Stats: 60, 102, 168, 77, 128, 30 (595 BST)

tldr supertank. filter is used to make its considerable weaknesses less of a factor.

Ogu

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Rainbow said:
Mega Bastiodon
Rock/Dragon
Ability: Filter
Stats: 60, 102, 168, 77, 128, 30 (595 BST)

Very nice idea getting rid of the Steel Type and adding the Dragon Type to it. Filter will be very useful too. But you are missing 30 stat points though. Attack (+50), Special Attack (+30), Special Defense (-10) would add 70 to a total of 565 BST. I would cancel the 10 drop in special defense and add 20 to it so it's special defense would be 158.

Ogu

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Going to put another one of my concepts out there

Mega Wigglytuff
Type: Normal/Fairy
Ability: Unaware
Stats:
140/60(-10)/110(+65)/95(+10)/110(+60)/20(-25)

This might be a broken defensive Pokemon because it has 140 HP already and the boost to it's defenses with the great typing and Unaware makes it one of the best defensive Pokemon. I don't really get why Gamefreak does give Pokemon with great HP bad defenses and Pokemon with great defenses unusable HP. Must be balance things out but then again there are many fast Pokemon with great Attacking stats. Gamefreak seems to hate Stall as much as anyone who does not play Stall hehe

Years
Mega Kricketune
Type: Bug
Ability: Prankster
Stats:
77 /100 (+15) /111(+60) /55 (-15) /121 (+70) /35 (-30)
Mega Kricketune would be based on a double bass, hence why it would be slower. I don't think it would be all that competitive, but it would probably have its niche - being a more defensive status pokemon, with good access to prankster taunt, sticky web, toxic and/or perish song,

Ogu

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Blue Pigeon said:
Mega Kricketune
Type: Bug
Ability: Prankster
Stats:
77 /100 (+15) /111(+60) /55 (-15) /121 (+70) /35 (-30)
Mega Kricketune would be based on a double bass, hence why it would be slower. I don't think it would be all that competitive, but it would probably have its niche - being a more defensive status pokemon, with good access to prankster taunt, sticky web, toxic and/or perish song,

A defensive bug type can face issues and the super effective stealth rock damage doesn't help either. Still though having access to Taunt and Sticky Web with Prankster could make it a great anti lead and lead pokemon. Utilizing Perish Song can be hard for a Bug Type. I mean the enemy has at least two attacks before it switches out and even though you boosted the defenses its typing may not give Kricketune the oppotunity to capitalise on such a great move. But at least you can make a already set up sweeper switch out before running rampage through your whole team.
I especially like that you picked Kricketune to give it a mega. It is in my opinion one of the more forgettable ones.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I like the idea of a Bug/Ghost Mega Mothim based on the Mothman, but I'm not sure if its movepool justifies the re-type (learning only two Ghost moves, neither via level-up).

Ogu

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Just for you I will try make a Mega Mothman ;)
I don't know what its story though so I will make two megas cause of pictures I looked it seemed like a big slow creature but could be fast two due to wings
So these are Mothims stats
70/94/50/94/50/66
Mega Mothman X
Type: Bug/Ghost
Ability: Cursed Body
Stats:
70/64/100/124/100/66
This version is more like a slow bulkier version
Mega Mothman Y
Type: Bug/Ghost
Ability: Levitate
Stats:
70/64/50/154/50/136
This is more faster version of Mothman who uses his wings to dodge Ground Type moves
icycatelf I would like to hear your opinion :))

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Mega Avalugg
Ice/Flying
It goes from being themed after an aircraft carrier to an aircraft itself!
Stats (changed ones underlined): 95 HP/117 Attack/204 Defense/44 Sp. Attack/126 Sp. Defense/28 Speed
Ability (this is the most important bit): "Jet Engine", or something? Upon mega-evolving, and each time Mega-Avalugg is is switched into battle, it clears the field of entry hazards (without being affected by them itself).
If you want to add even more brokenness...each time it does this, it inflicts a small amount of damage on the opposing Pokemon. (Because it's not safe to be standing there while a jet engine is blowing debris around!)

...I'm not even into the competitive scene, but it bothers me how unusable Avalugg apparently is over there - this would certainly help! >:)

Ogu

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
EmTheGhost really great concept and that ability is better than any hazard remover but an aircraft which is this slow must look like a boeing or something
Even though the hazard removal ability is great Ice/Flying is still horrible and the boost to its defenses won't save it from enemy Stone Edge, Power Gem, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt or Flash Cannon which are all very strong moves.
Still though Ice is my favorite type and needs love and improvement and having an Ice Type have such nice hazard removal role would be very great!!

Ogu

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Mega Luxray
Type: Electric/Dark
Ability: Strong Jaw
Stats:
80/130(+10)/109(+30)/65(-30)/109(+30)/130(+60)

Luxray is a Pokemon which has a great design, is my favorite and had a potential to be the first electric dark type. But its stats and movepool especially its stats (poor speed) keep it in PU, which is the lowest Tier in Smogon. In fact even in PU there are electric types who outclass Luxray. It is one of those Pokemon who need a Mega ASAP. This concept I made for Mega Luxray will catapult from PU to OU in one go. You start with Luxray's Intimidate, mega evolve, outspeed the opponent (in most cases) and hit it with STAB Strong Jaw boosted Crunch. Ouch...

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
I theorymonned this one a while back. Here it is:

Mega Meganium
Mega Stone: Meganiumite
Ability: Protective Veil - Activates Safeguard when sent into battle. All status on the user's team is healed.
Type: Grass

HP: 80
Attack: 82 (+0)
Defense: 140 (+40)
Special Attack: 113 (+30)
Special Defense: 130 (+30)
Speed: 80 (+0)

What are your thoughts on this? I may have created an alternative to Tapu Fini, but I just want to make Meganium more usable in higher tiers.

Last edited:
Years
Let's see...how does Mega Lumineon sound?

Type: Water/Bug
(Water/Fairy would have made more sense, but Lumineon has no Fairy STAB to speak of)
Ability: Water Current(In rain, all moves with below 90 power get a 2x boost, but in Sunlight are weakened to 0.5x. Moves 90 power and above are unaffected.)
Stats: 69/84(+15)/95(+19)/100(+22)/110(+24)/111(+20) [Total BST=560]

With this Combination, despite the middling offensive stats, Mega Lumineon can hit HARD in the rain. Signal Beam+Scald , or U-Turn+Waterfall will be pretty powerful. Lumineon can also be used as a defogger or Tailwind setter, for some extra variety when not in rain, however that use is situational at best.It also has Other coverage, such as Air Cutter, Psybeam, Ominous Wind or Hidden Power get a nice boost too. However, Empoleon will hard-counter it, resisting nearly every move it can carry(besides Ominous Wind), as does the sun, which can make its attacks harmless.

Ogu

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Though I do not like pure Grass Type defensive Pokemon this Mega Meganium can have great utility in a team especially against stall teams. But it would need defensive support from other Pokemon to be able to switch out easily. Furthermore you would need hazard removal because of the switches and must be able to predict better than your enemy. I guess this would be UU or RU.

Ogu

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
That Mega Lumineon ability can be brutal and I think it might even be broken. One thing I know for sure it would have been banned from Monotype. I guess with those stats though Mega Lumineon wouldn't be banned from OU.

Edit: I'd say to make the ability not too broken make moves under 90 get a 1,5x boost in rain but no downside in sun. With a 2x Boost Scald would become a 160 BP 30% Burn Move with no downside at all. The same goes for every other move i.e. U-Turn 140 BP, Signal Beam 150 BP, Ominous Wind 120 BP + 10% Chance to boost all stats except acc+eva. The 1,5x Boost is still great. Scald is a 120 BP with no downside, U-Turn 105 BP, Signal Beam 112 BP, Ominous Wind still 90 BP. But still great ability idea ;)

Last edited:

Ogu

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Mega Hawlucha
Type: Flying/Fighting
Ability: Aerilate or Scrappy
Stats:
78/132(+40)/105(+30)/44(-30)/103(+40)/138(+20)

Hawlucha is one of my most favorite Pokemon. His design and competitive usability are both great. He is in OU already and a combination with Tapu Koko is a fine late sweep.
Still though I'd love to see a Mega for it. Unburden and Acrobatics aren't working with a Mega Stone so he needs a new ability and a replacement for Acrobatics. That's why I want to give it Aerilate but Scrappy is a great option too and would make Flying Press the most potent option for a Flying move (though being part Fighting doesn't hurt either). The bulk I added was because he is a wrestler and wrestler should be able to take hits while dishing hits out.
The question here is though it might be that regular Hawlucha could be better than this mega because of Electric Terrain Electric Seed Unburden variant. I'd love to hear opinions on this.

Ogu

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
mega_weavile_by_tomycase-dag3gne.png

Just had to put Mega Weavile in here with this great design from Tomycase Deviantart.
Wish it would be reality ;)

Mega Weavile
Type: Ice/Dark
Ability: Tough Claws
Stats:
70/150(+30)/105(+40)/45/105(+20)/135(+10)

Hah, it's really hard to make a Mega for an already great Pokemon without breaking it. But I guess it should be able to work out like this. It gained decent bulk still very fast and hits like a truck with great STABs (though Icicle Crash won't get Tough Claws boosted).
For the Ability I was considering Refrigerate but Fake Out might be too broken in that case. So I guess Tough Claws suits Weavile making its Fake Out, Knock Off and Night Slash stronger. What could work too I guess is Moxie or Intimidate.

https://tomycase.deviantart.com/art/Mega-Weavile-631697162
This is the link to this great Mega Weavile Design.
Credit goes to Tomycase

Last edited:
Back